Survivor
2039 posts

Re: [INFO] No Man's Land: Feedback and the Gold/Silver Bundle

Jun 21, 2012

It's the $50.00 price tag...

Im with a lot of people on this one too. I played the beta, enjoyed it. But i wont be playing the full game. IDC what you include in the bundle; 100 outfits, 50 guns, 40 pieces of armor or infinite ammo...you can hype it up all you want, but most people feel that its just too much for a Home game. For $10 more you can buy an actual Blu Ray disc for retail at your local Gamestop. No offence, but i'd rather pay $60 for Lollipop Chainsaw, than $50 for an overhyped armour/weapon bundle for No Mans Land..a Home Game. Good luck getting it sold, LOL.

...It's not gonna fly, penguin.  ^_^

I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 30 of 79 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2039 posts

Jun 21, 2012

And BTW...

If Mercia or Home Tycoon is gonna follow this trend of slapping outrageous price bundles for their games...i wont be playing them either. And im sure a lot of people would feel the same way.

Let us EARN the weapons and armour and power ups as we progress thru the game, but dont offer us a super mega bundle with everything included for $50 and expect it to sell very well. This shouldve been common sense....

I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 31 of 79 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Jun 21, 2012

Hear Hear!!

NOPE not gonna do it either... HOME IS BETA! NO SUPPORT! NO MONEY FOR YOU SCEA! 

Shadow-Runner wrote:

And BTW...

If Mercia or Home Tycoon is gonna follow this trend of slapping outrageous price bundles for their games...i wont be playing them either. And im sure a lot of people would feel the same way.

Let us EARN the weapons and armour and power ups as we progress thru the game, but dont offer us a super mega bundle with everything included for $50 and expect it to sell very well. This shouldve been common sense....

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Message 32 of 79 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1947 posts

Jun 21, 2012

There's a difference between "Freemium" and 'screw you if you have no wallet'... There's no noticable way to improve your gear in the game, and the only thing to play toward is the leaderboard? Who comes up with this garbage?

"Freemium" would imply there's purchased exclusive content in a game that can be balanced. This is simple money-domination. Nobody wants to play a free game of No Man's if they are playing David & Goliath every match, and can never catch up to even the playing field on the free side of the 'freemium model'.

I don't budlist-add on forums, and blank PSN requests get ignored!
Missing Rewards -over a year old, still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still MIA.
Message 33 of 79 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
406 posts

Jun 21, 2012

This is a fun game and I like the map,it's fairly large.I'm not sure if I've explored it all yet...so far I've been playing with the basic loadout against other basic loadouts...I wanna blow stuff up now,hehe or get blown up,that's ok too.I got a silly question-are the grenado's infinite like the pistol ammo?

It might not be a bad idea to allow for the earning of some basic upgrades,to level the playing a bit.Like in Bootlegger's we get those special shirts for kills.lol,who has earned the Sniper Rifle shirt?75 headshots is all it takes!anyways....something like that with a reward/upgrade to armor or weapons.

Message 34 of 79 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3346 posts

Jun 21, 2012

BabyBearsBed wrote:

I got a silly question-are the grenado's infinite like the pistol ammo?

Photobucket

Basically you are allowed two gernade slots in your load out kit. You can mix and match or have two of the same kind but you only get the two. That can be replentished by picking up the ammo as shown in the tutorial with the triangle button.

Message 35 of 79 (26 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jun 21, 2012

I think the game is fun, but there are some issues thus far. There are many disconnects from game, or the inability to join at all. It does seem though if the game messes up and all players leave the game, it resets and you can start a new game. I hope they will fix the bugs this coming week. Also when you land a grenade right on an enemy, it blows them up into spalttering chunks, which just makes me XD.

I bought 1 heavy armor package and a few weapons, and I do great with it. There's no need to buy the 50 dollar package to do well. And even for players who can't buy very much or anything at all, I've been killed by default weapns, and also, players get stats for assists. It might delegate you more into a role player for your team by using default against paid armor, but even when I use my default gun, I still even out kill to death, so it's not impossible, you just have to play smarter than people with armor who are less careful about sticking their head out.

Message 36 of 79 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
598 posts

Jun 21, 2012

So they SHOULDN'T offer a discount for people who want to buy everything at once?  I get the gripe about not allowing the players to earn weapons, but I wouldn't mind offering an "everything" bundle for anyone that's interested (I'm not, but surely someone is)

Shadow-Runner wrote:

And BTW...

Message 37 of 79 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1947 posts

Jun 21, 2012

Aasyranth, i think the problem people find with it is that the gold gear is supposed to be the best anyways, what's the point of including the rest? It simply jacks up the price for no reason by loading all the gear that is then obsolete compared to the gold.

I don't budlist-add on forums, and blank PSN requests get ignored!
Missing Rewards -over a year old, still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still MIA.
Message 38 of 79 (26 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1115 posts

Jun 21, 2012

Shadow-Runner wrote:

...Let us EARN the weapons and armour and power ups as we progress thru the game, but dont offer us a super mega bundle with everything included for $50 and expect it to sell very well. This shouldve been common sense....

But we are talking VeeMee, the rip-off developer who sold us the same crappy island space 3 times with only a minimal mini-game change that guests could never be rewarded in.

Of all the 3rd Party Developers on Home, VeeMee is truly the worst (in my opinion) as regards sucking your wallet with no real give back unless you pay. They even make the NDreams "lucky" clover chair, or the Konami overpriced jet with no wings seem like good values...

My POV: Enjoy YOUR Home experience, without forcing it on those around you.
RESPECT is FREE. You will get what you give.
Message 39 of 79 (26 Views)
0 Likes