Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Re: [INFO] Blog this week

Jan 9, 2013

ooOHinataOoo wrote:

GlassWalls wrote:
Nope. This move is the only one that makes sense—it ensures far greater accuracy and follows the PS Store's lead. I'm just saying, I give it a couple weeks, because I think the first-thing Wednesday morning will begin to feel like either Christmas morning (YAY PRESENTS!) or like Saturday Morning Cartoons did for me (YES! NEW CARTOONS ALL MORNING LONG!).

*runs to get a bowl of cereal ready to eat with my new cartoons, err... content!* 

Or you could have Home go back to old way where it updates on Thursdays and you can still have the blog come out on Wednesdays. Do it that way and everyone will be happy and everyone gets what they want.

I wouldn't mind Home going back to updating on Thursdays, to be honest.

Great idea, Hinata.

Message 71 of 111 (286 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Jan 9, 2013

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

ooOHinataOoo wrote:

GlassWalls wrote:
Nope. This move is the only one that makes sense—it ensures far greater accuracy and follows the PS Store's lead. I'm just saying, I give it a couple weeks, because I think the first-thing Wednesday morning will begin to feel like either Christmas morning (YAY PRESENTS!) or like Saturday Morning Cartoons did for me (YES! NEW CARTOONS ALL MORNING LONG!).

*runs to get a bowl of cereal ready to eat with my new cartoons, err... content!* 

Or you could have Home go back to old way where it updates on Thursdays and you can still have the blog come out on Wednesdays. Do it that way and everyone will be happy and everyone gets what they want.

Great idea, Hinata.

I agree.

Message 72 of 111 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3915 posts

Jan 9, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

LightOfValkyrie wrote:
Them listen to us? Ha, good one.

They have, but some people refuse to see. 

Which is why everyone is so happy with Home's current state and no one ever complains, right?

Oh wait...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 73 of 111 (270 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 9, 2013

LightOfValkyrie wrote:

Conrad_Max wrote:

LightOfValkyrie wrote:
Them listen to us? Ha, good one.

They have, but some people refuse to see. 

Which is why everyone is so happy with Home's current state and no one ever complains, right?

Oh wait...

The rise of complaints have rised over the past 3 months, only because it seems NA has decided to let third parties run our server.

While they sit back and watch our complaints.

I'm sure they're tired of the complaints, though we're even more tired of the slack effort NA has did October-December.

Let's not forget how so well Halloween was, Thanksgiving, plus that Winter event.

Which for one, I'll give credit to Lockwood for actually doing a decent job in trying to recreate a Winter event.

You want to know what Home's missing these days? The same passion it had in back in day.

That's no longer around.

Message 74 of 111 (255 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5870 posts

Jan 9, 2013

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:
Great idea, Hinata.

Thanks, Mind. Cat Happy Me, too. It'll give us some time to enjoy the new stuff that we've bought and more time to finish events before the next update comes along. With the way how things are, there really isn't enough time to enjoy the stuff we bought and not enough time to finish events. I don't remember seeing a lot of people complaining back them when Home was being updated on Thursdays. Ever since they change it to Wednesdays, there's a lot of complaining going on.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 75 of 111 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1570 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 9, 2013

GlassWalls wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

GlassWalls wrote:

Unfortunately, publishing Tuesdays is never going to happen because Tuesdays are always the busiest day on the blog, and in the bigger scheme of things, anything that goes on Tuesdays would be drowned out in the large collection of other posts (plus the blog guys are insanely busy preparing everyone else's posts, which is not a quick, simple matter, though you might think it is)—so it's either Mondays (not happening anymore due to being too far out) or Wednesday morning. That's how we came to the decision, even if it means I wake up before the sun is up where I live so I can actively participate in the comments, per usual, to answer your questions about this week's content. 

As for other regions, they're run by those people, and have their own reasons and ways for doing things that fit best for them there. As for us, we have the largest and most content-rich region, and with that combined with other factors we have to work within, we strive to make decisions that best serve everyone here.

Give it a couple weeks, and I think you'll actually appreciate it once the dust settles. Would you mind withholding judgement till then for me? Smiley Happy

Can you do something about the New Items Tab? I understand having featured items is something marketing wants but having to hunt through all that is bad enough even when you know what is new.

I think if the New Tab only had new items like they do it in Japan for example it would go a long way towards making it easier for users to find new content when they log in on Wednesday mornings. 

Yes, I think I can investigate and try to do something about that. It might take a week or so to straighten out, but I will chat with the Home Operations team tomorrow, and see if that's something we can do. I'm all about simplicity, and I think you guys are too.

If possible, just separating the New items from the Recommended items would be nice. Would be great, not to have the wade through the recommended items to find the new items. But it is also good to be able to quickly locate recommended items. For instance, it is easier to find X7 (since we cannot add to our favorites) when added to the recommended list. 

Thanks for looking into this for us,

Mur

Posted Image
Message 76 of 111 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Jan 9, 2013

In all seriousness this time, there are only two situations where I see the new publishing date being a problem:

1. Content retirement announcements

2. Promotion change/completion announcements (things like limited-time sales or Lockwood Gift Machine changes)

In both of these cases, the Monday blog posts gave everyone a couple of days to either visit a space and get its rewards or to complete a quest, make a purchase, etc. That advance notice is very helpful.

With Wednesday blog updates, things will simply disappear or change without warning, which isn't likely to generate positive feelings in the community.

So when something significant, such as the end of a sale, space or event, is imminent, it would be good if some official notice could be posted as a sticky on the forums here. That way we'll have official confirmation of what's happening before anything vanishes.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 77 of 111 (196 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1546 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 9, 2013

HearItWow wrote:

In all seriousness this time, there are only two situations where I see the new publishing date being a problem:

2. Promotion change/completion announcements (things like limited-time sales or Lockwood Gift Machine changes)

In both of these cases, the Monday blog posts gave everyone a couple of days to either visit a space and get its rewards or to complete a quest, make a purchase, etc. That advance notice is very helpful.

With Wednesday blog updates, things will simply disappear or change without warning, which isn't likely to generate positive feelings in the community.

So when something significant, such as the end of a sale, space or event, is imminent, it would be good if some official notice could be posted as a sticky on the forums here. That way we'll have official confirmation of what's happening before anything vanishes.

Thats something I wouldnt have even thought of, good point there. Now sometimes there is an announcment of the Home forums here when a space is getting taken down, but then again how many users visit these forums often enough to be able to get that info at the right time before the space gets taken down so they can take one last trip? Im going to side with the idea that If we are going to have the blog update on Wednesdays, then the actual home update should be back to Thursdays. That and the actual items in the New tab SHOULD be new and not a mix of old and new (it's less confusion for everyone).

Message 78 of 111 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
362 posts

Jan 9, 2013

HearItWow wrote:

This is something I did not think of and could be a real problem.  I would hope that spaces/events leaving could be announced a week in advance.  I know there are plenty of things I have bought last minute or even missed because they were removed.  I would hate things being removed at all, but if they must go sufficient warning time would be appreciated.

2651 posts

Jan 9, 2013

I haven't read the Blog in ages.  I just log onto Home sometime Wednesday, Thursday or whenever Home updates, and look around to see what's there.  I can't say that I've ever felt unprepared for what I discovered or that I've missed out on anything worthwhile.  The Blog seems to be a set-up for eventual disappointment more than anything else.

castle3
Message 80 of 111 (266 Views)