Reply
Shinra Executive
Registered: 05/22/2009
Offline
29271 posts
 

Re: [INFO] Blog this week

[ Edited ]
Jan 9, 2013

I think comments on the Blog should reflect the unhappiness with the decision to publish on Wednesdays. I've already commented that I don't think it's a good idea. 

Message 51 of 111 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/28/2009
Offline
5016 posts
 

Re: [INFO] Blog this week

Jan 9, 2013

This just goes to show how Lazy USA Home has become... To publish the update on WED when Home is already back up... To me that means i'll skip the Blog at that point... Also means LESS SALES! as i won't know ahead of time what is coming so i won't be buying since i didn't know ahead of time!

 

USA Home needs to rethink this Mon or at least Tue night would be better! But Wed? PASS!

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 52 of 111 (252 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager (Retired)
Registered: 04/20/2009
Offline
2875 posts
 

Re: [INFO] Blog this week

Jan 9, 2013

Thew902 wrote:

Moved to sync with Home coming back online... Interesting.

While I did appreciate the Monday blogs, a few things with this change do come to mind:

-With the blog being posted at the same time, there is a lesser chance of having issues with announcing content that later gets pushed back to the next week. (Codeglue leggings come to mind)

-I'm no psychologist or marketing expert, but I think dropping the blog right at open gives us, the consumers, less time to take in the information and think about it prior to purchasing. More impulse purchases?


Lastly, I hope it is a new core next week. I hope whatever it is lives up to the expectations of this forum.


The change is for two reasons:

1) Syncing up on publish day increases accuracy of information. When it's published earlier, that means it is often locked the Friday before, with several days where things could be delayed for unexpected reasons (often out of our control). 

2) It's following the PS Store's lead by publishing the blog post once the store itself is done updating. Again, info on time, at the right time. 

 

It will not be moving again except for special occasions, like *next week!*

Message 53 of 111 (252 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 06/28/2009
Offline
8001 posts
 

Re: [INFO] Blog this week

Jan 9, 2013

GlassWalls wrote:

Thew902 wrote:

Moved to sync with Home coming back online... Interesting.

While I did appreciate the Monday blogs, a few things with this change do come to mind:

-With the blog being posted at the same time, there is a lesser chance of having issues with announcing content that later gets pushed back to the next week. (Codeglue leggings come to mind)

-I'm no psychologist or marketing expert, but I think dropping the blog right at open gives us, the consumers, less time to take in the information and think about it prior to purchasing. More impulse purchases?


Lastly, I hope it is a new core next week. I hope whatever it is lives up to the expectations of this forum.


The change is for two reasons:

1) Syncing up on publish day increases accuracy of information. When it's published earlier, that means it is often locked the Friday before, with several days where things could be delayed for unexpected reasons (often out of our control). 

2) It's following the PS Store's lead by publishing the blog post once the store itself is done updating. Again, info on time, at the right time. 

 

It will not be moving again except for special occasions, like *next week!*


Thank you, and will the other regions of Home be following this approach as well, or will their blogs continue to be released in advance of the updates?

Message 54 of 111 (239 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 04/23/2012
Offline
5870 posts
 

Re: [INFO] Blog this week

Jan 9, 2013

That's a good question, Mya. I would like to know that, too, and I'm sure the rest of the community would, too.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 55 of 111 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
Registered: 05/22/2009
Offline
29271 posts
 

Re: [INFO] Blog this week

[ Edited ]
Jan 9, 2013

ooOHinataOoo wrote:

That's a good question, Mya. I would like to know that, too, and I'm sure the rest of the community would, too.


It's not going to be a popular decision. Publishing the blog a few hours ahead of the maintenance doesn't seem to be an unreasonable demand if done on Tuesdays evenings. Having to wait until Wednesday morning is simply very disappointing.

 

I would ask at the least that if the Blog is to Publish on Wednesdays that the Home Team at the very least put NEW ITEMS ONLY IN THE NEW ITEMS TAB.

Message 56 of 111 (221 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 06/28/2009
Offline
8001 posts
 

Re: [INFO] Blog this week

Jan 9, 2013

ooOHinataOoo wrote:

That's a good question, Mya. I would like to know that, too, and I'm sure the rest of the community would, too.


Thanks, I thought so. Perhaps it's a question more easily answered by the EU staff. Silly me.

Message 57 of 111 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 10/01/2009
Offline
5310 posts
 

Re: [INFO] Blog this week

Jan 9, 2013

What they really ought to do is move blog publishing to Thursday, and only include the items that didn't sell well on Wednesday. That should get the most marketing value from it.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 58 of 111 (171 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager (Retired)
Registered: 04/20/2009
Offline
2875 posts
 

Re: [INFO] Blog this week

Jan 9, 2013

Unfortunately, publishing Tuesdays is never going to happen because Tuesdays are always the busiest day on the blog, and in the bigger scheme of things, anything that goes on Tuesdays would be drowned out in the large collection of other posts (plus the blog guys are insanely busy preparing everyone else's posts, which is not a quick, simple matter, though you might think it is)—so it's either Mondays (not happening anymore due to being too far out) or Wednesday morning. That's how we came to the decision, even if it means I wake up before the sun is up where I live so I can actively participate in the comments, per usual, to answer your questions about this week's content. 

 

As for other regions, they're run by those people, and have their own reasons and ways for doing things that fit best for them there. As for us, we have the largest and most content-rich region, and with that combined with other factors we have to work within, we strive to make decisions that best serve everyone here.

 

Give it a couple weeks, and I think you'll actually appreciate it once the dust settles. Would you mind withholding judgement till then for me? Smiley Happy

Message 59 of 111 (167 Views)
Shinra Executive
Registered: 05/22/2009
Offline
29271 posts
 

Re: [INFO] Blog this week

Jan 9, 2013

GlassWalls wrote:

Unfortunately, publishing Tuesdays is never going to happen because Tuesdays are always the busiest day on the blog, and in the bigger scheme of things, anything that goes on Tuesdays would be drowned out in the large collection of other posts (plus the blog guys are insanely busy preparing everyone else's posts, which is not a quick, simple matter, though you might think it is)—so it's either Mondays (not happening anymore due to being too far out) or Wednesday morning. That's how we came to the decision, even if it means I wake up before the sun is up where I live so I can actively participate in the comments, per usual, to answer your questions about this week's content. 

 

As for other regions, they're run by those people, and have their own reasons and ways for doing things that fit best for them there. As for us, we have the largest and most content-rich region, and with that combined with other factors we have to work within, we strive to make decisions that best serve everyone here.

 

Give it a couple weeks, and I think you'll actually appreciate it once the dust settles. Would you mind withholding judgement till then for me? Smiley Happy


Can you do something about the New Items Tab? I understand having featured items is something marketing wants but having to hunt through all that is bad enough even when you know what is new.

 

I think if the New Tab only had new items like they do it in Japan for example it would go a long way towards making it easier for users to find new content when they log in on Wednesday mornings. 

Message 60 of 111 (158 Views)