Survivor
2633 posts

Re: [INFO] Blog this week

Jan 9, 2013
My view is: it gives you something to read, as your updating and logging into PlayStation network.!
THE FAZEONES LOUNGE  2014 Home Logo
Message 11 of 111 (463 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2691 posts

Jan 9, 2013

Paystation_3 wrote:

Quick question Glass. Why release the new blog posts on the same day as the content?

The whole preview aspect of the blog post is now gone...

:-/

This. I always used the blog to get an idea of whats coming that week.

A very (very) basic LBP level... by me. http://lbp.me/v/pj9eqq
(PS: Blank Friend Requests WILL be deleted!)
Message 12 of 111 (444 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4467 posts

Jan 9, 2013

Yep same here, its just nice to have a an idea of what is coming that week a day or two in advance. I'm guessing maybe the big news next week is a new home patch. Lets see.

Message 13 of 111 (427 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4725 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 9, 2013

Moved to sync with Home coming back online... Interesting.

While I did appreciate the Monday blogs, a few things with this change do come to mind:

-With the blog being posted at the same time, there is a lesser chance of having issues with announcing content that later gets pushed back to the next week. (Codeglue leggings come to mind)

-I'm no psychologist or marketing expert, but I think dropping the blog right at open gives us, the consumers, less time to take in the information and think about it prior to purchasing. More impulse purchases?

Lastly, I hope it is a new core next week. I hope whatever it is lives up to the expectations of this forum.

Message 14 of 111 (421 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jan 9, 2013

Probably the long rumored core update. One can hope it'll have some nice things for the community. Core's aren't about sales generally and instead functionality. 

Message 15 of 111 (399 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3895 posts

Jan 9, 2013
:^/ I share the disappointment over losing the preview aspect of the blogs. Not knowing ahead of time what to expect in the shops means not buying a PSN card ahead of time. Instead, I'd have to visit the store to pick one up later, which would disrupt my Wednesday mornings. Especially if I were between work shifts that week....

;^) As for a core update, I look forward to fewer bugs, as long as no new ones are introduced along the way.
Message 16 of 111 (374 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4725 posts

Jan 9, 2013
You could always have a PSN card on reserve. Just because you have one doesn't mean you have to use it right away. Smiley Tongue
Message 17 of 111 (370 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Jan 9, 2013

At least we can rely on the EU staff to continue posting their blog updates accordingly, most likely Asia and JP as well. Very dedicated and hardworking teams they have.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/01/08/playstation-home-update-happy-new-year/

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 18 of 111 (364 Views)
Lombax Warrior
121 posts

Jan 9, 2013

1. all you responders are suck ups and 2. what the heck? so not only was halloween and xmas a huge failure you go ahaead and change the promotion aspect of home content? you know what dont bother posting info at all then instead feel free to quit your day job because home NA is being ran terribly, thanks for nothing. Also for all you who plan to respond to me in a negative way as usual, dont hate on me because im level headed and very opinionated, in addition im not gonna check post again so your talking/fighting yourself. nuff said. These are my opinion if you dont want them dont take them XP

Message 19 of 111 (354 Views)
Sackboy
468 posts

Jan 9, 2013

I'm sure I am not alone when I say this, but moving the blog updates to the day the update comes out kind of stinks. I mean, like my club, we put out that info to our members so they know what is coming out on the update. If it changes to the day of the update and there is something going on that day, how can we plan to be at that event if we don't know it is happening. This is the second time things have been moved with no notice... Whats really going on, and can we please keep it the day of?

Message 20 of 111 (348 Views)
0 Likes