Reply
Sackboy
Registered: 12/17/2008
Offline
467 posts
 

Re: [INFO] Blog this week

Jan 10, 2013

After catching up on all the posts in this thread, I think I would have to agree with Home going back to the old ways then; Update Thursday, info coming out Wednesday. I do believe that this is best for the Home community. There are alot of clubs that use this info to not only give the info to their members, but plan events around things happenning in Home, that way they can make sure to get the full experience out of Home. Also, I agree with HearitWow, what is going to happen when a space leaves or a sale is done, and the only way to find out, is the day it happens, not cool. I was very upset when the UFC space got taken out, when it was supposely getting fix. I was unable to get 90% of the reward items because it never worked for me, and after every update, looked at the blog for info for a fix, and then, one day, logged into Home to find it gone. Please, reconsider this decesion about moving the Blog update to the day of. It works for the PS Store, for they have tons on content in the Store and makes it hard to find everything. So you can go to their blog and see what is new. But with new item tab and recommend tab, it does not need to happen on the day of for PS Home.

Message 101 of 111 (183 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 12/23/2009
Offline
2432 posts
 

Re: [INFO] Blog this week

Jan 10, 2013

HearItWow wrote:

What they really ought to do is move blog publishing to Thursday, and only include the items that didn't sell well on Wednesday. That should get the most marketing value from it.


Now see, there's the jokes this situation calls for!! Good one, bro! Smiley LOL lol Smiley LOL

Photobucket
Message 102 of 111 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 12/23/2009
Offline
2432 posts
 

Re: [INFO] Blog this week

Jan 10, 2013

GlassWalls wrote:

HearItWow wrote:

What they really ought to do is move blog publishing to Thursday, and only include the items that didn't sell well on Wednesday. That should get the most marketing value from it.


Whilte I appreciate the understated humor in that, the blog is simply for information-sharing, and we try to serve our 3rd parties best by supporting their content in a neat package where the community knows they can also go for everything in one place. Pimping out only the lesser-bought stuff would actually lower any promotional value to that content, as our (very smart) community would figure that out very quickly. 



That's right, they do the low-selling pimpage here on the forums instead.

Photobucket
Message 103 of 111 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 12/23/2009
Offline
2432 posts
 

Re: [INFO] Blog this week

Jan 10, 2013

GlassWalls wrote:

HearItWow wrote:

What they really ought to do is move blog publishing to Thursday, and only include the items that didn't sell well on Wednesday. That should get the most marketing value from it.


Whilte I appreciate the understated humor in that, the blog is simply for information-sharing, and we try to serve our 3rd parties best by supporting their content in a neat package where the community knows they can also go for everything in one place. Pimping out only the lesser-bought stuff would actually lower any promotional value to that content, as our (very smart) community would figure that out very quickly. 


BTW, people, for a good laugh, find your way back to page 7 and look who was the sole kudo-giver to GW's post. It'll shock ya!! *eyeroll*

Photobucket
Message 104 of 111 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 12/23/2009
Offline
2432 posts
 

Re: [INFO] Blog this week

Jan 10, 2013

GlassWalls wrote:
Nope. This move is the only one that makes sense—it ensures far greater accuracy and follows the PS Store's lead. I'm just saying, I give it a couple weeks, because I think the first-thing Wednesday morning will begin to feel like either Christmas morning (YAY PRESENTS!) or like Saturday Morning Cartoons did for me (YES! NEW CARTOONS ALL MORNING LONG!).

 

*runs to get a bowl of cereal ready to eat with my new cartoons, err... content!* 



Translation: Publishing the blog update on Wednesday makes it easier for us to be completely lazy about finding out what you'll be getting each week, as well as totally ignore all you little mindless peons when you complain about the blog being incorrect. Then again, we were already ignoring any concerns, thoughts or suggestions you had anyway, so shut up and go spend so we can go back to not noticing you.

Photobucket
Message 105 of 111 (163 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 06/28/2009
Offline
8001 posts
 

Re: [INFO] Blog this week

Jan 10, 2013

stardeth wrote:

GlassWalls wrote:
Nope. This move is the only one that makes sense—it ensures far greater accuracy and follows the PS Store's lead. I'm just saying, I give it a couple weeks, because I think the first-thing Wednesday morning will begin to feel like either Christmas morning (YAY PRESENTS!) or like Saturday Morning Cartoons did for me (YES! NEW CARTOONS ALL MORNING LONG!).

 

*runs to get a bowl of cereal ready to eat with my new cartoons, err... content!* 



Translation: Publishing the blog update on Wednesday makes it easier for us to be completely lazy about finding out what you'll be getting each week, as well as totally ignore all you little mindless peons when you complain about the blog being incorrect. Then again, we were already ignoring any concerns, thoughts or suggestions you had anyway, so shut up and go spend so we can go back to not noticing you.


That's a little harsh stardeth. I believe the preferred terminology is "hands-off approach to CM work". I was told this approach has proven to be far more successful. Obviously we just don't understand it.

Message 106 of 111 (153 Views)
Splicer
Registered: 07/20/2011
Offline
88 posts
 

Re: [INFO] Blog this week

Jan 10, 2013
Dam i kudo GW by accident -_-
Message 107 of 111 (118 Views)
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 05/22/2009
Offline
29264 posts
 

Re: [INFO] Blog this week

Jan 10, 2013

HOTT-_-CINDY wrote:
Dam i kudo GW by accident -_-

Kudos can be revoked by going to the options menu for the post in question! Smiley Happy

Message 108 of 111 (114 Views)
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 01/17/2012
Offline
3752 posts
 

Re: [INFO] Blog this week

Jan 10, 2013

This is just to get more traffic in the Blog, but I never go to the blog and this will certainly not change that, LOL HECK! I don't even come to the forums anymore for info on updates.  I've researched various sources and YPSH is the best IMO.  Smiley Happy

Contrary Serperior Now Available for U.S.
Quod dignum sit facere, dignum est farcere bene
#Live the game
Message 109 of 111 (104 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 02/01/2003
Offline
3191 posts
 

Re: [INFO] Blog this week

Jan 10, 2013

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

This is just to get more traffic in the Blog, but I never go to the blog and this will certainly not change that, LOL HECK! I don't even come to the forums anymore for info on updates.  I've researched various sources and YPSH is the best IMO.  Smiley Happy


Yeah, the third party websites can pump out some pretty good info. I'm sure it's a matter of subjective taste, but I find YPSH to be a jumbled mess and from what I could tell it looks like the YPSH store database hasn't been updated since early October. 

 

Alpha Zone 4 seems to be much more on top of things in that department: http://alphazone4.com/store/#update1586

Message 110 of 111 (94 Views)