Uncharted Territory
1403 posts

Re: [INFO] Attention: Current Owner of Cutteridge Estate

Oct 5, 2012
When PSHgazzete announced writing competition sponsored by JG early this week, it hinted that ton of things to be unlocked to anyone who win.

Now i wonder what exactly these things to be unlocked (other than the chained room) if nothing is interactive in the house?

If we had to buy more stuffs to unlock then undoubtedly this whole update is a total rip off since we already paid the estate with premium price.

Bring back the manuscript game, the chest and the rest like before before i proceed with a refund!

Yes you can take back your new hand item reward
Message 61 of 101 (437 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Oct 5, 2012

i purchased that space because of the ghost game... now it's gone and repaced with nothibg to do but run around..yeah u get a flash of a ghost. a green toxic padlocked room,and some dark figure outside the window wow.. i rather u bring back the game and the secret room in the fireplace ..why didnt u just make another space with the features u have in it now and leave it they way it was?.. u have robbed us of a greaat space..and we get no refund that blows .. there's an pld saying " if it aint broke lleave it the hell alone"...

Message 62 of 101 (421 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11633 posts

Oct 5, 2012

aintgotsquatt wrote:

i purchased that space because of the ghost game... now it's gone and repaced with nothibg to do but run around..yeah u get a flash of a ghost. a green toxic padlocked room,and some dark figure outside the window wow.. i rather u bring back the game and the secret room in the fireplace ..why didnt u just make another space with the features u have in it now and leave it they way it was?.. u have robbed us of a greaat space..and we get no refund that blows .. there's an pld saying " if it aint broke lleave it the hell alone"...

Well if this isn't one of the most moronic statements I've seen.

What part of "TEMPORARY" don't you people understand?

As stated before, the Manuscript and Poltergeist Box were probably removed because of memory constraints. I'm looking forward to see what Juggernaut is going to roll out between now and Halloween.

I guarantee, when and if the new stuff is removed and the space returns to normal, which everyone seems to be crying about already, people are going to cry over that too. A Dev tries to something fun and and they get crapped one........Pathetic!!!!!

Message 63 of 101 (407 Views)
Fender Bender
2356 posts

Oct 5, 2012

I'm going to take a swing at a few guesses and say a few things about this house.

Remember those ghosts? Well they are actually linked to that book that got taken away. Why else would they try and stop you?  

The scare crow could either be the helper or the father or someone who was visiting the place long ago.

The little girl who's linked to the ball could have been playing with it and kicked it into the Well. She jumped in to get her ball falling into some deep water. Drowning.

The girl in the mirror could be one of the helpers or someone who was visiting at the the time.

The crying lady could be the mother crying for the loss of her daughter.

The door... The person behind the door could be the father or a murder or just a regular person who got possessed by an evil spirit.

Twitter: Soulycon
PSN: Soulycon
YouTube: Ashatote
Gaia Online: Buttsexy
Message 64 of 101 (397 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
65 posts

Oct 5, 2012

Soulycon wrote:

I'm going to take a swing at a few guesses and say a few things about this house.

Remember those ghosts? Well they are actually linked to that book that got taken away. Why else would they try and stop you?  

The scare crow could either be the helper or the father or someone who was visiting the place long ago.

The little girl who's linked to the ball could have been playing with it and kicked it into the Well. She jumped in to get her ball falling into some deep water. Drowning.

The girl in the mirror could be one of the helpers or someone who was visiting at the the time.

The crying lady could be the mother crying for the loss of her daughter.

The door... The person behind the door could be the father or a murder or just a regular person who got possessed by an evil spirit.

If you feel like getting creative with the estate's backstory, why not take a shot at the contest? Man Wink

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/Cutteridge-Creative-Writing-Contest-Prizes/t...

Home Signature.jpg

Message 65 of 101 (385 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28389 posts

Oct 5, 2012

aintgotsquatt wrote:

Why didn't you just make another space with the features you have in it now and leave it they way it was?

As stated, this is a temporay thing. Juggernaut is just having some fun with us because this is October and Halloween is a few weeks away. It's a Halloween treat.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is't another change each week until the week of Halloween. Perhaps more terrifying than the last.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 66 of 101 (345 Views)
Lombax Warrior
184 posts

Oct 5, 2012

I personally love the Halloween changes! It's awesome to have a personal space that changes like an actual space. One that grows and has life (or afterlife, ha ha) to it. With all of this being temporary, it's a great treat! 

My only concern is that once it goes back to normal it will be too dark again. I didn't use this space for the longest time because it was so dark I could barely navigate... I love the new lighting. Haha.

Message 67 of 101 (335 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

Oct 5, 2012

AceofSpades213 wrote:

I personally love the Halloween changes! It's awesome to have a personal space that changes like an actual space. One that grows and has life (or afterlife, ha ha) to it. With all of this being temporary, it's a great treat! 

My only concern is that once it goes back to normal it will be too dark again. I didn't use this space for the longest time because it was so dark I could barely navigate... I love the new lighting. Haha.

There is a very quick and easy solution to spaces someone feels are too dark or too bright:

Options > Display > Gamma (adjust to your likeness)

There are a few spaces that I feel benefit from an adjustment to the in-home gamma level.

As for the changes to the space, they have also removed all the writing on the walls of the locked room, and removed the blood scratched door.

In addition, besides removing the two passages to the secret room under the stairs, they also removed the secret room (except for the lantern which is stil attached to the wall).  In replace of it is a huge pool of green slime that lies right under the floor boards.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 68 of 101 (309 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1207 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 5, 2012

D-Nitrate wrote:

As for the changes to the space, they have also removed all the writing on the walls of the locked room, and removed the blood scratched door.

In addition, besides removing the two passages to the secret room under the stairs, they also removed the secret room (except for the lantern which is stil attached to the wall).  In replace of it is a huge pool of green slime that lies right under the floor boards.

Whoa what? Was the writing and door something new from Wednesday or has it been there since the last space update and I was just completely oblivious to it?

I was all excited about seeing it first hand regardless of the locks on the door. Smiley Wink

Message 69 of 101 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 5, 2012

halo_nothing wrote:

D-Nitrate wrote:

Whoa what? Was the writing and door something new from Wednesday or has it been there since the last space update and I was just completely oblivious to it?

I was all excited about seeing it first hand regardless of the locks on the door. Smiley Wink

The writing on the walls inside the locked room, and the bloody door have been there as long as I can remember, and were just removed this week at the same time they made all the other changes...  However, they may bring everything back after Halloween, but that is speculation, as there has been no official announcent on what if any of the changes to the space will be permanent.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 70 of 101 (262 Views)
0 Likes