Highlighted
Apr 28 2007
By: QCVic Treasure Hunter 6880 posts

IGN's article..broken Home??

25 replies 3 views Edited Apr 28, 2007

You have to be an Ign insider member to read the full article. If you are please read it and tell people what it's about....
Photobucket
Message 1 of 26 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1650 posts

Re: IGN's article..broken Home??

Apr 28, 2007
ehh i think its just a summary of HOME's appearance at GDC or something like that

Message Edited by Perverted_Hermit on 04-27-2007 09:37 PM
Message 2 of 26 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10840 posts

Apr 28, 2007

Perverted_Hermit wrote:
ehh i think its just a summary of HOME's appearance at GDC or something like that
Correct, its dated March 7th

it just asks a whole bunch of questions:

Is this really what PS3 owners want? Is Home not simply a glorified friends list brought to life in a virtual world that brings the nightmare of omnipresent advertising into our spare time away from the media glare as well? Are people going to spend real money to clothe their avatars and decorate their houses? Will people go to virtual cinemas to watch clips of games, TV shows and movies if they can get them via more traditional means? It's hard to imagine gamers frothing over Killzone and Gran Turismo 5 caring too much about Home and yet the obscene price of the PS3 means that Home is less accessible to more casual gamers. Exactly who has Home been created for, and perhaps more importantly, will they be there on the PS3 to enjoy it?

Message Edited by garnett215 on 04-28-2007 12:55 AM

Message 3 of 26 (3 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1249 posts

Apr 28, 2007

garnett215 wrote:

Perverted_Hermit wrote:

Is this really what PS3 owners want? Is Home not simply a glorified friends list brought to life in a virtual world that brings the nightmare of omnipresent advertising into our spare time away from the media glare as well? Are people going to spend real money to clothe their avatars and decorate their houses? Will people go to virtual cinemas to watch clips of games, TV shows and movies if they can get them via more traditional means? It's hard to imagine gamers frothing over Killzone and Gran Turismo 5 caring too much about Home and yet the obscene price of the PS3 means that Home is less accessible to more casual gamers. Exactly who has Home been created for, and perhaps more importantly, will they be there on the PS3 to enjoy it?

Wow, they seem really negative towards home, and the way they talk, they can make you doubtful of anything...
Message 4 of 26 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1650 posts

Apr 28, 2007

jitty9 wrote:

garnett215 wrote:

Perverted_Hermit wrote:

Wow, they seem really negative towards home, and the way they talk, they can make you doubtful of anything...

I would like to think that they are simply exploring both sides, but I really doubt it.
Message 5 of 26 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
449 posts

Apr 28, 2007
im surprised the production manager approved that article ..usally ign just gives game facts, and most of the opinions are  positive to all devs and corperations ,looks like somthing off g4

Photobucket
Message 6 of 26 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2639 posts

Apr 28, 2007

garnett215 wrote:

Perverted_Hermit wrote:

Relax its just an initial idea of home. It does make a few valid points however. Only time will tell if it right or wrong.
Message 7 of 26 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10840 posts

Apr 28, 2007

Eararaldor wrote:

garnett215 wrote:

Perverted_Hermit wrote:

Relax its just an initial idea of home. It does make a few valid points however. Only time will tell if it right or wrong.

I never questioned the article; just post a portion of it..... And yeah time will tell

Message 8 of 26 (3 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Apr 28, 2007
You know what i don't listen to any of that BS because in a nut shell. It's my game i play what i want the money i spent on it came out my pocket an no one else's.So if i want too invest 7 to 8 hundred more dollars in MY PS3 not a sole can tell me know.An if i'm getting ripped of than that's my problem.So they can say what they want about the ps3 an Home i'll get it an i'll use it an they can kiss my $#@$
Message 9 of 26 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4458 posts

Apr 28, 2007
GEE i wonder if this guy doesn't like Sony??? From the first sentence you could tell it's a bashing article!!! I love how people doom something that threatens to be the best thing out there.
RED-DOG

Photobucket
Message 10 of 26 (3 Views)
0 Likes