Wastelander
781 posts

Re: I think some are really missing the point.....

Apr 29, 2007

stripdshirt wrote:
I think some are missing the whole point of the meaning "BETA"

Your participation in the beta program isn't so much about getting it before everyone else.  Beta testing is about helping SONY.  Unfortunately I forsee alot of complaining about HOME in it's early BETA stages from people who don't understand the term BETA, which is a REAL DISAPPOINTMENT.

The purpose of this Beta test, is not only to help find flaws, but to also give feedback as to what you like, don't like, and what you think might make HOME more enjoyable for other users.  I think a lot are missing this point and are getting caught up in the whole "I got it first" or the whole "I got to try it before everyone else" hype, when in reality it's not about that at all.

I personally have many ideas that I would like to see implemented into HOME which may or may not already be there, but if they're not, I'm very excited to give Sony my feedback and contribute what I can. 

For those of you who got the invite, I encourage you to think of ways to make HOME a better place for the general public.  It's us who will make the difference!

For all those who do get picked for the actual beta, please understand what the true meaning of "BETA" is all about, it's not going to be anywhere close to perfect.

PERFECT DEPENDS ON YOU!

Very well said sir, I commend you.
Shame On Sony
Message 11 of 13 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Rux
Treasure Hunter
5135 posts

Apr 29, 2007
Now, not everyone who have been reaching for the beta don't acknowledge the fact that it is used for feedback...

It is a good point to bring up, though. I won't deny that many testers will use the beta opportunity to brag, and bring no benefit to the Playstation community. This is why Sony chooses 15,000 out of more than 15,000 participants, because not all of them are eligible or worthy of the beta.

Basically, if you get into the closed beta. Please, please try to make it a better place
Message 12 of 13 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6880 posts

Apr 29, 2007
Yeah it is a good point to bring up.
Photobucket
Message 13 of 13 (0 Views)
0 Likes