Apr 28 2007
By: Stripdshirt Hekseville Citizen 313 posts

I think some are really missing the point.....

12 replies 4 views Edited Apr 28, 2007
I think some are missing the whole point of the meaning "BETA"

Your participation in the beta program isn't so much about getting it before everyone else.  Beta testing is about helping SONY.  Unfortunately I forsee alot of complaining about HOME in it's early BETA stages from people who don't understand the term BETA, which is a REAL DISAPPOINTMENT.

The purpose of this Beta test, is not only to help find flaws, but to also give feedback as to what you like, don't like, and what you think might make HOME more enjoyable for other users.  I think a lot are missing this point and are getting caught up in the whole "I got it first" or the whole "I got to try it before everyone else" hype, when in reality it's not about that at all.

I personally have many ideas that I would like to see implemented into HOME which may or may not already be there, but if they're not, I'm very excited to give Sony my feedback and contribute what I can. 

For those of you who got the invite, I encourage you to think of ways to make HOME a better place for the general public.  It's us who will make the difference!

For all those who do get picked for the actual beta, please understand what the true meaning of "BETA" is all about, it's not going to be anywhere close to perfect.

PERFECT DEPENDS ON YOU!
Message 1 of 13 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3417 posts

Re: I think some are really missing the point.....

Apr 28, 2007

stripdshirt wrote:
I think some are missing the whole point of the meaning "BETA"

Your participation in the beta program isn't so much about getting it before everyone else.  Beta testing is about helping SONY.  Unfortunately I forsee alot of complaining about HOME in it's early BETA stages from people who don't understand the term BETA, which is a REAL DISAPPOINTMENT.

The purpose of this Beta test, is not only to help find flaws, but to also give feedback as to what you like, don't like, and what you think might make HOME more enjoyable for other users.  I think a lot are missing this point and are getting caught up in the whole "I got it first" or the whole "I got to try it before everyone else" hype, when in reality it's not about that at all.

I personally have many ideas that I would like to see implemented into HOME which may or may not already be there, but if they're not, I'm very excited to give Sony my feedback and contribute what I can. 

For those of you who got the invite, I encourage you to think of ways to make HOME a better place for the general public.  It's us who will make the difference!

For all those who do get picked for the actual beta, please understand what the true meaning of "BETA" is all about, it's not going to be anywhere close to perfect.

PERFECT DEPENDS ON YOU!

I'm with you, im good at complaining so I cant wait to see what features in HOME are missing so I can complain to SONY!Smiley Happy
Love art+tech made with a purpose... MGS is #1. Love all Naughty Dog games, The Walking Dead, Journey, Portal, Gran Turismo, GTA, Tomb Raider, FF, God Of War, Red Dead Redemption, Competitive player for 18yrs..Unreal Tournament + CounterStrike - and played Socom for 10+ years. Still waiting for Sony to listen to competitive players and bring SOCOM back...

= oo7PorscheMGS =

"Men do less than they ought, unless they do all that they can." ~ Thomas Carlyle.

Message 2 of 13 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4458 posts

Apr 28, 2007
Thank you for assuming every person doesn't know what a beta test is. I think the people who got invites got them for a reason. The chatter about getting it is just excitement of being the firsts to actually use & test. Not "we got it first"

I will be proud to test it and believe me I will put it through a fine toothed comb and give more feedback than possible..
RED-DOG

Photobucket
Message 3 of 13 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
313 posts

Apr 28, 2007

red dog1 wrote:
Thank you for assuming every person doesn't know what a beta test is. I think the people who got invites got them for a reason. The chatter about getting it is just excitement of being the firsts to actually use & test. Not "we got it first"

I will be proud to test it and believe me I will put it through a fine toothed comb and give more feedback than possible..

I'm not assuming EVERY person doesn't.  I was just making a point that I forsee it happening.

My post was in hopes to help those who don't know, what Beta testing is truly about!
Message 4 of 13 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
859 posts

Apr 29, 2007
most betas end up like etc everuqest
hit counter
Message 5 of 13 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
262 posts

Apr 29, 2007
That's why I've already got my official Home Beta notebook...

Well, it's just a composition book with "Home Beta Notes" written on the front, but hey, it works.

Seriously, that's why I'm dying to get in.  I just want to help make a sweet idea even better.

Message 6 of 13 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
92 posts

Apr 29, 2007
The only Beta I did in the past was for a wrestling game.  And let me tell you,  It was worse than any demo disk I ever received.  The game was completly full of holes and the 2 charactars were completly generic.  It was apparently just a stress test.  To see if the online network could handle mass volumes.  I only hope that the home beta has some kinda substance.
---------------------The Cloister of Trials lies within. Are you prepared?
Message 7 of 13 (4 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
896 posts

Apr 29, 2007
This is why I really enjoy beta testing 3D social environments:

• Developers really listen to your input and feedback because we're a sampling of their client population
  • Beta testers become close knit group of folks even after beta
  • You really feel like you're part of the creation process as the world chances you feel good that a feature you recommend is making the virtual world better
  • Everyone is nice and you rarley get griefers (ie: no immature little kids).
  • When Home is released, you become the expert on Home and people sort you out for asssitance
  • Even after beta, Home developers will keep close ties with beta trialist to help test additional features as Home grows.

It's really a different feel beta testing virtual environments versus games. Once you're done beta testing a game that's about it. No more interaction with devs. However, in 3D social communities many beta testers are called upon in future releases to try out new features and provide feedback.

Just remember being a Home beta trialist can lead to something more or create a long-term relationship with Sony.

- Wouldn't you like to be a part of the special task force of beta testers who get to test new features (clan rooms, outside parks, PSP Home or mobile) before anyone else and help Sony tweak it? 

Message 8 of 13 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3898 posts

Apr 29, 2007

RaAsuar wrote:
This is why I really enjoy beta testing 3D social environments:

• Developers really listen to your input and feedback because we're a sampling of their client population
  • Beta testers become close knit group of folks even after beta
  • You really feel like you're part of the creation process as the world chances you feel good that a feature you recommend is making the virtual world better
  • Everyone is nice and you rarley get griefers (ie: no immature little kids).
  • When Home is released, you become the expert on Home and people sort you out for asssitance
  • Even after beta, Home developers will keep close ties with beta trialist to help test additional features as Home grows.

It's really a different feel beta testing virtual environments versus games. Once you're done beta testing a game that's about it. No more interaction with devs. However, in 3D social communities many beta testers are called upon in future releases to try out new features and provide feedback.

Just remember being a Home beta trialist can lead to something more or create a long-term relationship with Sony.

- Wouldn't you like to be a part of the special task force of beta testers who get to test new features (clan rooms, outside parks, PSP Home or mobile) before anyone else and help Sony tweak it? 

I couldn't have said it any better myself. This IS beta testing. 
Message 9 of 13 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1850 posts

Apr 29, 2007
This is why they're inviting people to be picked at random, not simply picking people at random to beta test home. I kind of like it this way. Even though I didn't get invited,  I know they'll pick people from the random people they emailed. Like even though they sent an email to someone who doesn't even own a PS3, I doubt that the person will make it into the beta.

At least we'd hope so.

Though people like me, who would run this thing to the ground with testing, didn't even get the email. Though I suppose that's fair. Pick people at random, and then narrow it down from there. I won't be surprised if the whole 15k aren't filled up by this initial round of invites. It's hard to be fair in these sorts of things, but they're taking this very seriously it seems. So I bet they're doing the best they can to make sure this thing works. Especially with all these people so anxious to use Home.
~
Message 10 of 13 (4 Views)
0 Likes