Fender Bender
3892 posts

Re: I still wish we had Open Mic on Home by now

[ Edited ]
Sep 18, 2012

I want it back. And yes, I've been here since day 1. Maybe if the servers were upgraded the lag wouldn't have been so bad. It was understandable to have lag 5 years ago in the real beta; but not now. All of the money from selling items should have went towards getting stable servers that can handle the traffic first. THQ got caught using cheap servers with WWE 11-12. They said too many people being online is why the servers kept going down. Fast forward a year. People have left multiplayer for good and the servers still go down...

It was never taken away because of abuse or trolling since you can still troll with the voice chat option you have now. The servers were to blame.

Message 11 of 17 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 18, 2012

I didn't say tht.. I said "it's just another tool for trolling"  Ie think you have wasted your tym with this thread was my point. Maybe you shoud try the suggestions forum. thts where this kind of post belongs anyway.

Message 12 of 17 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1148 posts

Sep 18, 2012

MiSharona wrote:

I didn't say tht.. I said "it's just another tool for trolling"  Ie think you have wasted your tym with this thread was my point. Maybe you shoud try the suggestions forum. thts where this kind of post belongs anyway.

Mikes in Group are one thing.

Open Mike does not belong anywhere in home, at any time.

Quite simply, too many Home users are not mature enough to have civil conversations. On/off switch or not, there are already enough tools of communication. If I had to listen to the average male on an open mike on Home, I'd throw my PS3 into the garbage.

1). typing forces you to take it slowly, and you have time to think about what you're "saying".

2). I have never miked up in a group, where one person at least didn't ruin it with vulgarity and crude remarks..... never.

photo Xmas3_1copy_1.jpg
Message 13 of 17 (205 Views)
Highlighted
Splicer
53 posts

Sep 18, 2012

I agree Lil

Message 14 of 17 (197 Views)
Wastelander
572 posts

Sep 18, 2012

Lil_The_Pill wrote:

MiSharona wrote:

Mikes in Group are one thing.

Open Mike does not belong anywhere in home, at any time.

Quite simply, too many Home users are not mature enough to have civil conversations. On/off switch or not, there are already enough tools of communication. If I had to listen to the average male on an open mike on Home, I'd throw my PS3 into the garbage.

1). typing forces you to take it slowly, and you have time to think about what you're "saying".

2). I have never miked up in a group, where one person at least didn't ruin it with vulgarity and crude remarks..... never.

I 100% agree with you Lil. I could not have said it better.

Message 15 of 17 (190 Views)
Fender Bender
2518 posts

Sep 18, 2012

I wasn't a member of home when they had open mic, but I have experienced it in other places and it is a disaster. Basically if you have your sound turned on you can hear 20 or so voices without knowing where they are coming from. Even if they are not being abusive, it is chaotic. And Home is a 13+ community. It's hard enough to stop the trolling now. Sony cannot create a scenario where minors can hear any sort of foul language people can think of. What happens then? Parents hear the language coming over the TV and Sony gets a reputation for being very family unfriendly. That will be very harmful to their image and the potential success of Home.

Very bad idea.

Message 16 of 17 (171 Views)
Sackboy
434 posts

Sep 18, 2012

I was in the closed beta and the open mic wasn't that big of a deal. We were all 18+ & it really wasn't abused that much. When we went to open beta & the age was lowered to 13 it was a wreck. F bombs constantly (some would just walk around saying it over & over), racial & homophopic slurs slung at everyone. It was a mess. Glad it's not coming back & like they way it is now.

Message 17 of 17 (161 Views)