Highlighted
Feb 15 2010
By: JC096 Lombax Warrior 94 posts

I recently made a point to my gf why home should not be reigon unlocked

9 replies 15 views Edited Feb 15, 2010
There are several factors that do come into play, the load times would be redicoulsly longer then they are now, they lag would be unsustanibale and less people would end up using home  cause of the effect. yes many people say it would be a good idea but it comes at a price.
Message 1 of 10 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1865 posts

Re: I recently made a point to my gf why home should not be reigon unlocked

Feb 15, 2010
Not necessarily. There are some online-enabled games that allow people from all over the world to play with each other, aren't there?
Message 2 of 10 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2175 posts

Feb 15, 2010

JC096 wrote:
There are several factors that do come into play, the load times would be redicoulsly longer then they are now, they lag would be unsustanibale and less people would end up using home  cause of the effect. yes many people say it would be a good idea but it comes at a price.
Not if they don't improve on the current times, then yeah. It could be worse but all one can do is assume based upon current issues, facts, etc. 

Homie From November 26, 2008 - September 13, 2013.

Shady business practices? File a complaint to the BBB.
https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started
Message 3 of 10 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5465 posts

I recently made a point to my gf why home should stay region locked [FIXED]

Feb 15, 2010
Maybe if all regions had every space and items, region hopping and locking would be a thing of the past.  
Photobucket
Message 4 of 10 (15 Views)
Wastelander
710 posts

Feb 15, 2010
There are regional country laws, contracts, and cultural differences making it difficult to have a united home.
Colour is the key. The eye is the hammer. The soul is the piano with its many chords. The artist is the hand that, by touching this or that key, sets the soul vibrating automatically. - Wassily Kandinsky

Message 5 of 10 (15 Views)
Wastelander
545 posts

Feb 15, 2010

SeraphimArietta wrote:
There are regional country laws, contracts, and cultural differences making it difficult to have a united home.

Bingo.

Also, load times would not increase as the entire Home is already on one server. Each instance of a space is limited to 64 people, when you're in the Home Plaza etc, there are acually a lot more people in Home.

Companies sometimes want to focus their products to the regions they are based in, advertising often has odd legal restrictions in various countries, some games are even banned in certain regions - the only sensible model for Home is unfortunately to lock the regions.

Message 6 of 10 (15 Views)
Fender Bender
3543 posts

Feb 15, 2010
I just hate to think that at some point in the future, they'll unlock everything (I know it seems unfeasible now, but you never know), and the region-hoppers are gonna end up with 5 different accounts that all access the same spaces, just with different items, and it's gonna inFURiate them...
Message 7 of 10 (15 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1865 posts

Feb 15, 2010
Then Sony should overcome those restrictions and the regional variants of Sony should try to work with each other to solve the problem. Nothing is impossible.
Message 8 of 10 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2897 posts

Feb 15, 2010

SeraphimArietta wrote:

Hmmmm, it would be interesting though is they were to take the approach that the SingStar "SingStore" takes, and simply replace certain items with "this content is not currently available in your region". Could be interesting.

Message 9 of 10 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2897 posts

Feb 15, 2010

TwilightVenom wrote:
Then Sony should overcome those restrictions and the regional variants of Sony should try to work with each other to solve the problem. Nothing is impossible.

make.believe

Message 10 of 10 (15 Views)
0 Likes