Fender Bender
1571 posts

Re: I need advice on a grief report, preferably from a moderator please

Feb 5, 2013
Report issues like Digitman3 suggested. If you did nothing wrong, the mods will be able to sort it out.
Posted Image
Message 11 of 32 (311 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Feb 5, 2013
What im asking is if i file the report will it upload ALL the messages in my inbox AND in my outbox to because thats the only way to prove that i never got vulgar with him.

But giving up is understandable. Thanks for trying.
Message 12 of 32 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1454 posts

Feb 5, 2013

The message you select and report is the only one sent.  **** is 4 asterisks and nothing else on a XMB PM.  It is not a censoring of a vulgar word, because vulgar words are not censored in XMB PM's, period.  Had you swore and sent it, it would come back to you as a response without any censoring.  If the nasty PM he sent you is the one with Re:**** you, this is only a ploy for him hoping you won't report him and he can get away with being nasty.  Report it by all means, you won't get in trouble.  Good day.

Posted Image
Message 13 of 32 (302 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Feb 5, 2013
I never sent that at all is what i am saying... my message to him said "**bleep**?" In the subject... because he called me a **bleep** with his first message. Then after i replied with "**bleep**?" he changed it to say, and pardon me in advance i guess.., **bleep** YOU!!!! To make it look like i had said **bleep** you first if i reported the message.... I only censored it here to avoid cussing myself because i think its immature. It was not censored in the message.. but it looks like i said it first and he replied to it....
Message 14 of 32 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Feb 5, 2013
He also said he would bleep my bleep up in the same message.
Message 15 of 32 (295 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1454 posts

Feb 5, 2013

I have a friend that is a PlayStation MVP on here.  When someone edits their post, she has the ability to click on it and see the original post, then any and all alterations that have been made to it.  Mods have the same abilites, with not only forum posts, but XMB PM's and more, plus some.  You seem to think that what you see is what they will see, which is not the case. 

Posted Image
Message 16 of 32 (292 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Feb 5, 2013
Never been told otherwise.. i will file the grief report and if i get in any trouble for it i will just call and have them review this thread. Thanks for not giving up digit and sorry i had to cuss at you to make it more understandable.

Its only going to lock the guys one account though he admitted to my friend he had over 20.
Message 17 of 32 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
213 posts

Feb 5, 2013

Digi, sorry to ask this, because perhaps it was mentioned.. I'm just not understanding or seeing it.

But does this all apply, to when you are inside an environment, (virtual world)  say for example, Adventure District (could be any) and someone starts throwing out racist or other comments, and you report right there, do the admins see their text at this level?

If you know what I mean.

Message 18 of 32 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
213 posts

Feb 5, 2013

Hmmmmm!   interesting!!!   Smiley Indifferent

Message 19 of 32 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1454 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 5, 2013

Blondboy47 wrote:

Digi, sorry to ask this, because perhaps it was mentioned.. I'm just not understanding or seeing it.

But does this all apply, to when you are inside an environment, (virtual world)  say for example, Adventure District (could be any) and someone starts throwing out racist or other comments, and you report right there, do the admins see their text at this level?

If you know what I mean.

An in-world report is different than an XMB Grief Report.  When you hit Select, then Report, when you are in Home, you pick the offender, and the offense.  Anything that is in your chat log at that time is submitted with your report, along with a picture, or snapshot, at the time you hit the Report button.  You want to make sure you have a clear shot of the offender, if they are performing a visual offense, such as squatting in someone's crotch. 

Be advised though.  Anything you have said will also be reviewed.  So even if the offending party was the instigator, if you went off on him and said anything questionable, you're taking the chance of reporting yourself.  Also, if, for instance,  you just left a personal space where you'd been colorfully joking around with some friends, in a good natured manner but using questionable language, that too will be reviewed for disciplinary action.  So just because you're the one making the report, it doesn't give you a pass from suspension had you been behaving badly.  DG

Posted Image
Message 20 of 32 (264 Views)