Highlighted
Feb 05 2013
By: buckallmighty Ghost of Sparta 10644 posts
Accepted Solution

I need advice on a grief report, preferably from a moderator please

31 replies 519 views Edited Feb 5, 2013
Last night i was in home and i seen a guy who was trying to pick up on girls and getting no where. He was bragging about how hes got these Corvettes and he is selling one for 50k. Everyone could tell it was an obvious lie, i myself know that the kelly blue book price on that model stingray is on $7200 and there is one on ebay with all matching numbers the guy cant push off on anybody for less than 15k.

But i felt bad for the guy i know what its like to have a hard time getting people just to talk to you. I wanted to help him.. So i sent him a pm that said "hey man your overbidding severely and no one believes it let me help you" "kelly blue book on that car is only $7200 and on its best day at an auction you could get up to 35k" well he immediately lashed out with violence and vulgarity. So i left.

Then he started cussing me out via inbox but was smart enough to put Re:****you (without the astricks) in the subject to make it look like i had gotten vulgar with him first. Which wasnt the case i was only trying to help the guy.

My question here is, is this just another one of the techniques used by c.. that particular individual to make the innocent look guitly when they file a grief report? Or when someone files a grief report on a message in their inbox does it also upload previous sent and recieved messages with that individual?
Message 1 of 32 (519 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1454 posts

Re: I need advice on a grief report, preferably from a moderator please

[ Edited ]
Feb 5, 2013

XMB PM's aren't censored.  Send a trusted friend one filled with profanity and find out for yourself (or vice versa). 

If that offending party you spoke of sent you one, just hit triangle without opening it and scroll to the bottom, Grief Report, and send it.

Also, mods see uncensored versions of chat text, so if someone types a bunch of asterisks, that's exactly what they will see, a bunch of asterisks.  If profanity was used, they see the profanity and take appropriate measures.

Don't worry about someone trying to set you up, mods see the original versions of everything, so just keep yours clean and you'll have nothing to worry about.  Smiley Happy  DG

Posted Image
Message 2 of 32 (507 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Feb 5, 2013
The reply he sent to me had Re:****you as the subject though. So it looks like he replied to me saying that when i never did.. basically it is a reply from my first message back to him asking him not to speak to me like that.. he replies and deleted everything in the subject but the Re: and added his comment after it. If my message i sent to him that he replied to is attached i would be more than happy to send the report. Im pretty sure it is not though. I believe very strongly this is a community volunteer trying to set me up to get myself banned. And he is using friends we have in common to lead his sub accounts to where i am at. This is not the first time this person has stalked me and im getting pretty sick of it. I think im just going to see if there is any way for me to get in touch with someone from upper management.
Message 3 of 32 (498 Views)
Lombax Warrior
213 posts

Feb 5, 2013

Thanks for posting that. I wasn't sure if when reporting someone via the triangle, if Admins would be able to see their uncovered text.

I'm finding way too many people coming on the system to just harass people with racsist and homophobic comments. This has to stop as there's enough lame idiot red necks around that we need to have to deal with them on here.  At this point, I'm going to report all who are causing trouble and HOPEFULLY it will be taken care of.

Again, thanks for the confirmation.  Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 32 (497 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
213 posts

Feb 5, 2013

Hey Buck.  I had a similar thing happened when a homophobe was trying to harass me.

I suspected the same that it was common friends (fake friends really) that he used to locate me.

I solved the problem.  I just deleted all "friends" from just before this started to happen.

Mind you, there are still so many racists and homophobes with way too much time on their hands.

Such insecure people who can't find simple peace in just living their lives and let others live theirs.

Bad parenting.  Smiley LOL

Message 5 of 32 (493 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1454 posts

Feb 5, 2013

Buck, did you read my post?  XMB PM's AREN'T CENSORED.  Smiley Indifferent  DG

Posted Image
Message 6 of 32 (490 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Feb 5, 2013
Yes i did fella.. i am just the kind of person that i refuse to not censor myself. Out of respect. Its not censored in the message. But it looks like i said it to him dirst and he replied back to me saying it.
Message 7 of 32 (483 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Feb 5, 2013
If i report it it looks like im reporting him after saying ............ that.. to him first...

Message 8 of 32 (482 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1454 posts

Feb 5, 2013

I give up.  Good luck.

Posted Image
Message 9 of 32 (475 Views)
Lombax Warrior
213 posts

Feb 5, 2013

Don't feel bad, digit.  I didn't actually understand all that myself.

But I got what you wrote and thanks for that.

Message 10 of 32 (470 Views)