Nov 04 2011
By: Soulycon Fender Bender 2356 posts

I miss Central Plaza

81 replies 219 views Edited Nov 4, 2011

Yeah I admit I miss CP.  Alot.

The Hub just isn't for me.  It feels wrong for some reason.

When I heard of the Hub I was excited.  But after going to all the spaces and playing all the games it got boring very quick and very fast.

I miss cP very much, Home is not the same anymore... I hate it.  v.v

What are your thoughts do you miss CP as much as I do?

Twitter: Soulycon
PSN: Soulycon
YouTube: Ashatote
Gaia Online: Buttsexy
Message 1 of 82 (219 Views)
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Re: I miss Central Plaza

Nov 4, 2011

Personally... I don't miss The Central Plaza all that much. The new Home is a big improvement from the kiddie one it was before. This new style is more modernized and sleek. I feel like there's more to do now. Also Sony is going to be adding more stuff as time goes by so give it a chance. It's been one day... lol  :3

Message 2 of 82 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Nov 4, 2011

I think the real question is what, specifically, do you miss about Central Plaza? Everything that it offered can be found somewhere in The Hub, it's just not as centralized as it once was.

Both Pier Park and the Sportswalk offer great spots to hang out and chat, and there are two main music areas, as well as music in the outside seating section of the Sportswalk bar. There's a big video screen at Pier Park, and free games to play in several spaces.

I do think The Hub space itself could be more hospitable to large gatherings, but it serves a lot of purposes and handles all of them well.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 3 of 82 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
420 posts

Nov 4, 2011

I have been saying since my first visit to the Hub during beta, I will miss Central Plaza. As it was, on a typical day. I don't want to visit the Killzone or Dead Island versions, I want the old Central Plaza. I am not happy with the feel of the new hub, it seems to sterile and generic to me. I realize most people are happy with it, and I am glad so many are pleased. But, after spending years visiting the Plaza, I am very sad it has been removed. I spent most of my time there, it felt so welcoming to me. It was like a park environment, that seemed to be the core of Home, or at least to me. I ran around and took as many pics as I could the final day, and wish it hadn't been Halloween themed. I wish they would bring the Plaza back, since it wouldn't hurt anything. I would rather spend time there, than in the new hub. I miss the trees, and the birds, and the ponds, and the view.

Message 4 of 82 (219 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3279 posts

Nov 4, 2011

Soulycon wrote:

Yeah I admit I miss CP.  Alot.

The Hub just isn't for me.  It feels wrong for some reason.

When I heard of the Hub I was excited.  But after going to all the spaces and playing all the games it got boring very quick and very fast.

I miss cP very much, Home is not the same anymore... I hate it.  v.v

What are your thoughts do you miss CP as much as I do?

I agree with you 100%.  Even in the private beta, the first time I entered the hub, I felt like it was pretty lackluster.  It sounded great  but when I finally saw it, it missed the mark.  Ive been saying this for weeks but the Hub is 1/3rd of the size with nothing to do but go into stores,  we have 2 malls now, why do we need a 3rd?  Its too small of a space to contain what Central Plaza did.  If petitions are allowed on here, I think we should start one to bring CP back.  While I like certain features of the new core spaces..... Central Plaza > The Hub.

photo rsz_pshomeless1_zpst3ouqfpg.png
Message 5 of 82 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2129 posts

Nov 4, 2011

i love the new hub , the central plaza was great for a time but change is good it rekindles the wonder of "' what's next " lol there are some downsides to the new hub i agree the sound of the tram its too loud and i keep thinking there's police sirens outside. lol and the smallness of the area is almost claustrophobic , because central plaza was so spread out its going to take some time to get use to.i love the differnt travel points . its a deffinate change .

Message 6 of 82 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2123 posts

Nov 4, 2011

am glad they removed the CP & am missing the bench only

AM GOOD BUT NOT THE BEST
http://about.me/Rage_kmj

PSN Gamercards
Message 7 of 82 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2129 posts

Nov 4, 2011

i agree , i loved seeing everyone dancing on the bench ,new people trying their first glitch lol and seeing the whole scene unfold on the bench . lol good times.

Rage_kmj wrote:

am glad they removed the CP & am missing the bench only

Message 8 of 82 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
88 posts

Nov 4, 2011

i will always miss bench glitching with my friends  PlayStation®Home Picture 11-3-2011 3-00-11.jpgPlayStation®Home Picture 11-3-2011 2-45-16.jpg

Message 9 of 82 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2129 posts

Nov 4, 2011

that is awesome !!!! love the pic's

HOTT-_-CINDY wrote:

i will always miss bench glitching with my friends  PlayStation®Home Picture 11-3-2011 3-00-11.jpgPlayStation®Home Picture 11-3-2011 2-45-16.jpg

Message 10 of 82 (219 Views)
0 Likes