Hekseville Citizen
243 posts

Re: I may be done with Home AND Sony (the latest Home freeze damaged my console).

Dec 12, 2012

Maxx_the_Slash wrote:

I entered Safe Mode, selected Restore FIle System, and it's been stuck at "Preparing... Please Wait." for a while.  Nothing's happening.

It looks like someone might need to clear their cache.

Message 11 of 23 (265 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Re: I may be done with Home AND Sony (the latest Home freeze damaged my console).

Dec 12, 2012

Maxx_the_Slash wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

Maxx_the_Slash wrote:

I entered Safe Mode, selected Restore FIle System, and it's been stuck at "Preparing... Please Wait." for a while.  Nothing's happening.

give it time. some system restores can take hours to complete. Smiley Sad

I understand it taking time WHILE restoring, but not when it's preparing to restore.

I would suggest giving it at least a couple hours given the alternative is to reformat and reinstall the system software erasing all your files.

Message 12 of 23 (255 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34148 posts

Dec 12, 2012

Maxx_the_Slash wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

Maxx_the_Slash wrote:

give it time. some system restores can take hours to complete. Smiley Sad

I understand it taking time WHILE restoring, but not when it's preparing to restore.

some things take a while while preparing. although if it stays on the preparing screen for like an hour, then theres a problem.

Message 13 of 23 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
909 posts

Dec 12, 2012

Let_lt_Bleed wrote:

Maxx_the_Slash wrote:

How do you suppose I do that when the only thing the console lets me use is the file restore function?

---signature---
Thanks to nDreams and the new Xi, my PS3 froze during Xi's download process and put me in a perpetual loop of file restorations every time I start up my PS3. I can no longer play Playstation Home or any of my PS3 games. 600+ dollars spent on Home content, down the ****ing drain. I'm done with Playstation Home, I'm done with Sony, and I'm done with this site, as my current PS3 situation no longer warrants my being here. Bye everyone.
Message 14 of 23 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2760 posts

Dec 12, 2012
Actually, it is not Sony that you should blame. I read that this is a huge download similar to Mercia. Remer the E3 download problems with that?? From past experience at Aurora, we know nDreams stuff in on leased server space which they do not control. Joey already said today that they were having trouble with server capacity to handle the traffic. And that was early this morning. I never participate in these large downloads/ new games on release day anymore. Sorry you got caught in the server capacity onslaught. Thank you for reminding us to stay away from Xi downloads for a couple of days until this settles down.
Posted Image

Message 15 of 23 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
243 posts

Dec 12, 2012

Maxx_the_Slash wrote:

Let_lt_Bleed wrote:

Maxx_the_Slash wrote:

How do you suppose I do that when the only thing the console lets me use is the file restore function?

Sorry about that Maxx. There is a relatively easy way to solve your problem, but I've found that offering up advice on these forums is a good way to pick up a 40,000 minute suspension.

Message 16 of 23 (231 Views)
0 Likes
nDreams Developer
514 posts

Dec 12, 2012

Hey guys,

Firstly, Maxx sorry you are having these issues, with the amount of testing that has been done on this game we haven't had an issue like that (any of Sony QA or the internal and external QA that we hired) I really do hope you get it fixed.

Secondly, servers. I was speculating as to some of the loading issues when transitioning from the Apartment to Continuum could be servers. Nothing has spiked or showed there are issues but it was an explination at the time when asked by a community member. I'll get an official answer on that in the morning from the guy who looks after our servers. The big download is when you first click to go to the continuum via the navigator or from one of the Xoff Cola machines, The city is huge and it takes a while to download depending on your internet speed...After that it should all be fine, again, users internet speeds, available memory etc can cause issues with loading times also.

Maxx, hopefully you get it sorted.

Joey

nDreams Digital Product Manager

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ndreamers
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/joeydale13
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ndreamers
Message 17 of 23 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1691 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 12, 2012

ColdZero---- wrote:

the biggest fail to ever come out of playstation. what playstation has worked on for 4 years has turned out as a big fail. its a 3-d online world where you can use an avatar to represent yourself. where can talk to people using thought bubbles and also do actions with it pressing r1. but mostly everyone were mostly interested in hitting other peoples avatars. every girl avatar that you see in ps home is probably a guy trying to get some attention. (note for all you guys who try to flirt with girls in home: DON'T EVEN **bleep** BOTHER. THEY ARE PROBABLY GUYS AND YOU GUYS ARE EVEN STUPID ENOUGH TO BELIEVE THAT. WHAT GIRL WOULD EVEN GO ON PLAYSTATION HOME. IF YOU WANT A GIRLFRIEND JUST GO TO THE **bleep** MALL AND ACTUALLY GET OUT OF YOUR ROOM PLAYING YOUR PLAYSTATION!!!

*Fixed*

SOURCE: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=playstation+home

Message 18 of 23 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Dec 12, 2012
Really? Im not trying to downplay your plight but Ive had to reformat THREE times because of this very issue myself, but experience with it is why I posted no thread. Im not joking and some posters here can back up this claim, it really really sucks I feel ya. I hate to break it to you but I had exactly your predicament and my only recourse was to do a complete reformat. It will linger or go into a neverending loop as it sounds like it is corrupted and unable to be fixed. No guff all other options on safemode hang other than reformat. Its horrible when it comes to that. A new PS3 is probably in order for XMas as mine (and yours) seem on their last legs. Homes fault? Undecided.
Support Forums
Message 19 of 23 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Dec 12, 2012
Oh btw, When I said three times, I meant THIS WEEK. D: Last time was a year ago. It really sucks to lose a years worth of photos on the XMB :/
Support Forums
Message 20 of 23 (158 Views)
0 Likes