Highlighted
Apr 08 2007
By: tooled~ Monster Hunter 42 posts

I'm sure it would be there, but I've heard nothing....

6 replies 5 views Edited Apr 8, 2007
I just want to say this first:  I believe most people are good people.

But.... in my many years on the internet, (starting with AOL, sadly) being in many chat rooms along the way, there can always be some jerkoff who is just mean and annoying, sometimes flooders etc... you know what I mean.  Many chat rooms after that went to auto-censoring people's bad words.  Chatters always got around this by misspelling common bad words.  So it was pointless and stupid and brought more attention to the actual "bad" word.  The "bad" words as deemed bad by the website, (i.e., the writers of the website) and as many "bad" words someone could think of to add to the "censored" list. 

Will there be some kind of ignore feature in home?  I would like to be able to say what I want without being censored if I want.

As a parent of a 6yr old boy who loves games, I am against the censorship and think censorship should be up to the parent.  There should be a way for me to turn off the audio on some other people's mics in games, for example.  Some people say the worst things in my headset in a game, and I don't let my boy use the headset for this reason.  There should be a way for me to ignore certain users in Home, and not Home censoring the users for me.

Any thoughts?

(Unfortunately for my boy, he can't play some games online because even with the bluetooth headset off, other people's headsets come across through the speakers.  It seems ps2 games don't do this... or at least his favorite online game StarWars Battlefront II.  With Battlefront you can only hear other headsets if yours is on, too, so he plays without.  And loves every minute he gets to play.)

PSN name: tooled
Message 1 of 7 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Re: I'm sure it would be there, but I've heard nothing....

Apr 8, 2007
I havent heard anything, but I am hoping for this feature too, because there is always one person that will spoil the fun.
PSN: thecolster123
PS3: 60GB
PS3 Games: MGS4: GotP; GTA IV; EyeCreate; CoD4; Assassin's Creed; Army of Two; Burnout Paradise; R6V; R6V2; Uncharted Drake's Fortune; Lair; The Darkness;
Wanting: PS3 Splittable Controller; .EyeDentify; The Getaway; Saint's Row 2; LittleBigPlanet.
Message 2 of 7 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17231 posts

Apr 8, 2007
Yes, you'll be able to "shut up" other people in home. It was stated in the GDC Keynote Video a while back. If you don't like them or what they're saying, with just a few button clicks you can turn them off basically, nothing they type or say will be transmitted to you.

As for the headset audio coming through the TV, as an alternative, you could turn the BT Headset on, go to your Settings, and change the Audio Settings so that the Audio comes out of the BT Headset speaker, then just keep the BT Headset on and set it down somewhere far away from your child where he won't be able to hear the ramblings of online gamers. Yeah, it'll waste the battery some, but that's up to you
Message 3 of 7 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3640 posts

Apr 8, 2007

thecolster123 wrote:
I havent heard anything, but I am hoping for this feature too, because there is always one person that will spoil the fun.

I will be that one person! Theres nothing more fun to me than ruining the fun for everyone else.
Lol jk, thats against the EULA.

Message Edited by Whitey6 on 04-08-2007 05:30 PM

Do not peel an Orange with a knife.
I've always got my flamesuit on.
3000th post made on 07-25-2009 08:42 PM
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? 47.
Message 4 of 7 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Apr 9, 2007
That's a good idea with the headset thing, thanks.
Message 5 of 7 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
83 posts

Apr 9, 2007
Say what you want but socom has the worst mouths online EVER... Unfortunatley Iam one of them
Message 6 of 7 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Apr 9, 2007
I don't mind bad mouths.  I'm one of them too sometimes, when the kids are in bed.  Motorstorm, NFS Carbon, Resistance, FightNight are the ps3 games I have, and anyone can have a bad mouth in any game.  I just wish there was a way for me to turn it off when I wanted in games and I am hoping they have a good system for this in home.  Not an automatic censor, because like I said I am one of them too sometimes when it is necessary.  (Like the America-hater in NFS who thinks my American made Corvette can't beat his Audi Quattro.  He needed to be told.  And then beat.  Which I did with my Corvette in case you wondered.  Hehe)

Message 7 of 7 (5 Views)
0 Likes