Oct 06 2011
By: ZanXBal Wastelander 721 posts
Accepted Solution

I'm so confused..

7 replies 9 views Edited Oct 6, 2011

I'm really confused right now, the reason why is because of all the changes happening. Why is everything going away? IREM is leaving, the CP is goign away. Whats happening? Are they being replaced or re-done? I'm sorry if this is a super dumb question but I just recently became active on the forums again. And by recently, I mean like 2 days ago lol.. I keep hearing things about a Home Beta and whatnot, isn't Home in beta right now?? If someone could please answer these questions for me, it'd be really appreciated.

ZanXBal Trophy Card
Message 1 of 8 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4725 posts

Re: I'm so confused..

Oct 6, 2011

This will explain everything regarding Central Plaza disappearing and the private beta is testing for this upcoming update:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/08/23/the-next-evolution-for-playstation-home-coming-fall-2011/

Irem went out of business and has been replaced by Granzella, which is actually comprised of some former Irem employees.

Message 2 of 8 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Oct 6, 2011

irem was replaced See Granzella. Our beloved current cp will be replaced by something wonderful. The Hub.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 3 of 8 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Oct 6, 2011

Basically, the IREM team that developed Home products has left the company and founded a new one, Granzella, which is bringing new content to Home, such as the Southern Island Hideaway. If you're an IREM Seaside of Memories fan, you'll find some similar features there, as well as a lot of new ones, like the jet ski races and the day/night cycle. The quality of their content remains as excellent as ever.

IREM, sadly, is suffering financial troubles owing to the tsunami and the cancellation of Disaster Report, so they ended their contract with Home. It is sad to see them go.

Central Plaza is being replaced with a new Home core experience that is...well, some of us really can't say anything about that. Check out the posts that Jersquall referenced and you'll get an idea of what's coming.

The timing of The Hub and IREM's departure really is coincidental, but for someone who's been away for a while, I'm sure it's a lot to take in. All of the other public spaces will continue to be there, and there have been some cool new ones introduced recently, like the Lockwood Showcase and nDreams' Aurora.

All in all, this is a very exciting time in Home.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 4 of 8 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
721 posts

Oct 6, 2011

Thanks for all the info guys. I see whats going on now. Is there anymore information about the Private Home Beta?

ZanXBal Trophy Card
Message 5 of 8 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
95 posts

Oct 7, 2011

Sony is dying = truth

Message 6 of 8 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1403 posts

Oct 7, 2011

There is a notice of future development poster displayed outside the contruction site at Central Plaza. Just like any display board outside any contruction site in real life.

Message 7 of 8 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5092 posts

Oct 7, 2011

You could try searching the media for press releases. There have been a lot of them recently.

ZanXBal wrote:

Thanks for all the info guys. I see whats going on now. Is there anymore information about the Private Home Beta?

ZanXBal Trophy Card
Message 8 of 8 (9 Views)
0 Likes