Feb 14 2013
By: Kid_Fleetfoot Fender Bender 2681 posts

I'm hoping SONY had our files backed up on another server

12 replies 329 views Edited Feb 14, 2013

It's good to back things up. I'm hoping SONY had our files backed up on another server and for those of us who have had problems can start over. 

It makes sense that they would back things up but I'm not holding out too much hope, but hope I do have some. Really, I do.

"As far as I go, As far as I know, I always got a place called Home." - Tiga & memories

Message 1 of 13 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Re: I'm hoping SONY had our files backed up on another server

Feb 14, 2013

Have you had problems? Hope not. I have yet to update.

Message 2 of 13 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16264 posts

Feb 14, 2013

gw has said sorny does server backups, but whats your issue?

Message 3 of 13 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1454 posts

Feb 14, 2013

I lost my dolphy stats.  547 wins.  My Script Settings file is backed up on this handy little flashdrive.  Anybody have an address I can send it to so these Einsteins that can manage my data better than me can reinstall it?  Smiley Mad

Posted Image
Message 4 of 13 (307 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Feb 14, 2013

Digitman3 wrote:

I lost my dolphy stats.  547 wins.  My Script Settings file is backed up on this handy little flashdrive.  Anybody have an address I can send it to so these Einsteins that can manage my data better than me can reinstall it?  Smiley Mad

Wow. Sorry to hear that Dean. Unreal.

Message 5 of 13 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1454 posts

Feb 14, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Digitman3 wrote:

Thanks.  Maybe I'll get them back.  Who knows how things work now?  It's obvious though that we are too stupid to manage our own data.  Smiley Indifferent  DG 

Posted Image
Message 6 of 13 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2651 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 14, 2013

Kid_Fleetfoot wrote:

It's good to back things up. I'm hoping SONY had our files backed up on another server and for those of us who have had problems can start over. 

It makes sense that they would back things up but I'm not holding out too much hope, but hope I do have some. Really, I do.

Unfortunately, Sony's back-ups would not help you much if the files were corrupted during their upload.

Another opportunity to transfer the files from your PS3 to their servers would seem to be necessary.

castle3
Message 7 of 13 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1126 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 14, 2013

Digitman3 wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Digitman3 wrote:

Thanks.  Maybe I'll get them back.  Who knows how things work now?  It's obvious though that we are too stupid to manage our own data.  Smiley Indifferent  DG 

hi dg im sorry to hear about what  happend to your 547 wins. the best advise i can give is contact joysitck warrior on the fourm and ask them if they can udate the script file on the sony sony server and to udate it. im sure they will work with you and udate the file or correct the file on there server. Again im sorry that you had this problem and i wish you the best of luck correct it. You know how it goes most places use cloud now and the more tech grows the more problem accure but they always ways to fix them. here the link to joystick warrior account where you can pm him.http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/750008

Message 8 of 13 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1359 posts

Feb 14, 2013

After the huge fuss we all kicked up about data security, I'm sure that they HAVE backed up all our normal server-side inventory (rewards, puchased items) but all the Home HDD savefiles would have been backed up at the time they were uploaded.

So, the only way you'll probably see your dolphies again, as you have deduced, is if you send them that copy of the Script Settings file.

Your dolphy loss hurts, Dean.  Ouch.   I have yet to download the update.... I guess it's not safe yet...

Message 9 of 13 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2681 posts

Feb 14, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Have you had problems? Hope not. I have yet to update.

Yes, I  have problems. Things in storage were moved haphazardly.

Yesterday I had others which I posted in the Official thread in Support.

You might be better off not updating but that's speculation. Apparently some are having no problems.

I can't tell if anything is missing except by spaces I visited things I purchased seemed to be in the correct place where I put them (not referring to storage). 

"As far as I go, As far as I know, I always got a place called Home." - Tiga & memories

Message 10 of 13 (115 Views)
0 Likes