Apr 26 2007
By: bigfatgooglefat Lombax Warrior 120 posts

I'm disappointed in the beta selections...

57 replies 29 views Edited Apr 26, 2007
i think that how (so far) the trialists have been selected is unfair, because for those of us that have been continuously checking homebetatrial.com most haven't been invited and have had no chance. meanwhile, the people that may have done absolutly nothing are getting their emails saying how they can test it. i just think it's not quite fair that when one site says to keep checking it to register, that really you don't and it's (so far) a lie. I know that may be a little extreme but thats how i feel about this, let down by sony. so now all i can do is keep checking the site hoping something new comes up and just keep hoping and hoping...

Message Edited by bigfatgooglefat on 04-25-2007 09:35 PM

Message 1 of 58 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6880 posts

Re: I'm disappointed in the beta selections...

Apr 26, 2007
Once again life will move on...Hey I got a PS3!! Im still excited about that!...and as much as I wanted (and still do) to beta test Home... I am not disappointed at all...
Photobucket
Message 2 of 58 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
442 posts

Apr 26, 2007
Chill out peeps, I just got my email like 5 minutes ago, so they are still being sent.
Message 3 of 58 (29 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1128 posts

Apr 26, 2007
ive been checking the website constantly.. but i just got the email myself! when will it let us access the beta??

Being popular is like being in a crowded elevator... You're just a fart away from being hated.

Proud GAP Member!!
Message 4 of 58 (29 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Apr 26, 2007
so, i dont even know wat GAP is, does any1 else?
Message 5 of 58 (29 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Apr 26, 2007
Well apparently what people are saying is this was a closed Beta test.  The G.A.P. Members supposably got in on this one and there is to be another in August.  I'm a part of G.A.P. and I still haven't received anything yet so I couldn't tell you the most truthful answer. 
Message 6 of 58 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
422 posts

Apr 26, 2007

QCVic wrote:
Once again life will move on...Hey I got a PS3!! Im still excited about that!...and as much as I wanted (and still do) to beta test Home... I am not disappointed at all...

Yah. Playoffs r just getting started, spring/summer break is right around the corner... plus it'll leave me more time for all those "real world stuff" i keep hearing about...
Message 7 of 58 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
920 posts

Apr 26, 2007
do you think you have a right to get in close beta?  Just be glad that the public is even allowed to be in it this early, and not all 15K sent out to the media and friends and family.

Sony didn't let you down.  You let your own self down.  There's no spyware on homebetatrial that log to see which IP goes there, how many times, and then tie such IP to a playstation username.   How do you know people who have done absolutely nothing are getting emails? 

The fairest way for anything like this to be done is completely randomness.  And that's what happened.  Remember, beta is a priviledge, not a right.  If you dont' get it, don't whine.  Be happy someone else got it. 

Because eventually, we're all gonna get it.  So stop **bleep**ing.  and play some motorstorm heh

bigfatgooglefat wrote:
i think that how (so far) the trialists have been selected is unfair, because for those of us that have been continuously checking homebetatrial.com most haven't been invited and have had no chance. meanwhile, the people that may have done absolutly nothing are getting their emails saying how they can test it. i just think it's not quite fair that when one site says to keep checking it to register, that really you don't and it's (so far) a lie. I know that may be a little extreme but thats how i feel about this, let down by sony. so now all i can do is keep checking the site hoping something new comes up and just keep hoping and hoping...

Message Edited by bigfatgooglefat on 04-25-2007 09:35 PM

banner
Message 8 of 58 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
422 posts

Apr 26, 2007

James Harb wrote:
MY GOD!! NOTHING IN EMAIL!! WHAT TO DO?!!#WEFD. ?Ywshetyktudiggg

Have you considered playing with fire & getting fit?
Message 9 of 58 (29 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
868 posts

Apr 26, 2007
Someone leaked the sign up link and it's floating around the net right now...needless to say, people are going crazy with the sign up page, which will probably make it quite impossible for most people who've already signed up to be accepted for the beta test.
Message 10 of 58 (29 Views)
0 Likes