Reply
Jun 07 2007
By: BloodThirsty30 Sackboy 633 posts
Offline

I'm being hacked!

13 replies 9 views Edited Jun 7, 2007
Ok, so I just went to log onto Home. As, I did my home space was all changed and what not. I asked my siblings if they accessed my PS3. They said "no". So, after I changed my passoword and what not I got a message saying "email and sign in automatically settings incorrect". So, someone is trying to access my account, but can't cause I just changed the password. The only thing I remember is letting 2 friends share some games. What should I do?
Message 1 of 14 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 08/06/2005
Offline
14655 posts
 

Re: I'm being hacked!

Jun 7, 2007


amir8 wrote:
Ok, so I just went to log onto Home. As, I did my home space was all changed and what not. I asked my siblings if they accessed my PS3. They said "no". So, after I changed my passoword and what not I got a message saying "email and sign in automatically settings incorrect". So, someone is trying to access my account, but can't cause I just changed the password. The only thing I remember is letting 2 friends share some games. What should I do?


Try changing your password, Blood, or call Sony.

Message 2 of 14 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 09/17/2006
Offline
633 posts
 

Re: I'm being hacked!

Jun 7, 2007
Ya, probably brother
Message 3 of 14 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
Registered: 01/30/2007
Offline
16 posts
 

Re: I'm being hacked!

Jun 7, 2007
I believe the license agreement states that Sony may make changes to your account and environment without notifying you.  That's part of the whole "beta" deal.  Don't get too attached to your setup until it goes to the final version.
Message 4 of 14 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 05/04/2007
Offline
2349 posts
 

Re: I'm being hacked!

Jun 7, 2007
haha,  that or your siblings dont want to get in trouble...... 
 
 




---------------------------------------------
  PSN ID = "PhatAss"
---------------------------------------------
My Playstation ID is "PhatAss" and I approve this message...
Message 5 of 14 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 02/19/2007
Offline
874 posts
 

Re: I'm being hacked!

Jun 7, 2007
Didn't you just get locked on the General forums for breaking the NDA with the exact same question?


Message Edited by theismanj on 06-07-2007 06:15 PM
Message 6 of 14 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/27/2005
Offline
4458 posts
 

Re: I'm being hacked!

Jun 8, 2007


amir8 wrote:
Ok, so I just went to log onto Home. As, I did my home space was all changed and what not. I asked my siblings if they accessed my PS3. They said "no". So, after I changed my passoword and what not I got a message saying "email and sign in automatically settings incorrect". So, someone is trying to access my account, but can't cause I just changed the password. The only thing I remember is letting 2 friends share some games. What should I do?



Your settings from HOME are saved to your PS3 not online. So that means someone accessed it from your PS3 nowhere else. If I was to sign on under your name on my PS3 I could change all that stuff and it would only effect my save on my PS3. If you signed in after I did that all your settings would be the same as when you last logged off. Beat your brother it's him. You get that email after you change the password. <it's normal after you do that to get that email. IT'S YOUR BROTHER.
 
I also suggest you turn off the auto log in then and manually put your password in for awhile. This will prevent any further incursions.


Message Edited by red dog1 on 06-07-2007 09:03 PM
RED-DOG


Photobucket
Message 7 of 14 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/06/2007
Offline
3390 posts
 

Re: I'm being hacked!

Jun 8, 2007


theismanj wrote:
Didn't you just get locked on the General forums for breaking the NDA with the exact same question?


Message Edited by theismanj on 06-07-2007 06:15 PM


is a Home question and now this member is in teh HOMe section... so the otherlocation was incorrect
Message 8 of 14 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/08/2006
Offline
1622 posts
 

Re: I'm being hacked!

Jun 8, 2007
Wah wah wah
Message 9 of 14 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 12/13/2006
Offline
2639 posts
 

Re: I'm being hacked!

Jun 8, 2007

IceCold wrote:


theismanj wrote:
Didn't you just get locked on the General forums for breaking the NDA with the exact same question?


Message Edited by theismanj on 06-07-2007 06:15 PM


is a Home question and now this member is in teh HOMe section... so the otherlocation was incorrect


If that was true, his thread would had been moved as aposed to being locked......


Message Edited by Eararaldor on 06-08-2007 11:25 AM
Message 10 of 14 (9 Views)
0 Likes