Splicer
46 posts

Re: I love Granzella! "Another Beach"

Jul 13, 2012

Aasyranth wrote:
Visiting JP Home is a great way to practice reading and typing Japanese. That's where I learned how to type.

I bet. I been wanting to go because I love learning the language, I know the Hiragana Alphabet, but you know how combination of characters create a new character that's I am not familiar with.... Maybe throwing myself in the region will help me to become comfortable and maybe learn at a faster rate because I really have to concentrate.

I process the lanuage slow because im changing the japanese characters into roman characters then reading it and knowing what it means. I got a long way to go lol

I am so excited....!

Message 11 of 13 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
598 posts

Jul 13, 2012

SuperMilfGhost wrote:

I bet. I been wanting to go because I love learning the language, I know the Hiragana Alphabet, but you know how combination of characters create a new character that's I am not familiar with.... Maybe throwing myself in the region will help me to become comfortable and maybe learn at a faster rate because I really have to concentrate.

I process the lanuage slow because im changing the japanese characters into roman characters then reading it and knowing what it means. I got a long way to go lol

I am so excited....!

I recommend learning katakana next.  Play this webgame  until you can place all the tiles without slipping up or hesitating: http://www.csus.edu/indiv/s/sheaa/projects/genki/katakana-timer.html

Play this one to hone your hiragana: http://www.csus.edu/indiv/s/sheaa/projects/hiragana.html

The biggest priority early on (if you're learning to read) is to stop thinking of English letters at all when you read.  Initially, you want to strive to think kana (hiragana + katakana) only, then later on you'll think Kanji and kana only.

Message 12 of 13 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
46 posts

Jul 13, 2012
Yeah that is definitely my biggest problem, thinking in Japanese is hard. i took Spanish for years. I can read and write it, but I cant speak it will for *Beep* lol I guess it was because I was translating every thing so closely and not learning like child. Thanks for the links.

I will get there!!
Message 13 of 13 (55 Views)
0 Likes