Monster Hunter
36 posts

Re: I know the Halloween event sucked but

Nov 8, 2012

very misleading message of the day!!!!! jus logged on and i see "halloween is over, but the celebration continues"   was given false hope at getting the pumpkin for the last prize and the event is no longer there!!!! Glasswalls, if its impossible to extend, why not update MOTD???? when knowing some many people requested extended time, this makes it seem like your laughing in our face. not cool.......

Message 11 of 29 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1947 posts

Nov 8, 2012

Myself and a fair number of my friends never managed to get the copy/paste of the 'bartender' tiki for doing all the curses... the flippin games were broken half the time, and the other half of the time, they were only giving the batwing/skull which only work for their respective items. :/ Poorly orchestrated event, as people have said, bummed by the gaudy green Midway tile in the middle.

I would've liked to hang out there over the time it was out, if it wasn't for the Midway tile ruining the vibe, and the broken games reminding me how annoying it is to try and complete holiday events that don't work. -.- I think the time shoulda been extended for the sake of making the game work, and/or a 'easy' couple days for item pickups where everything is available on the last couple days. :/ Shame none of that happened.

I don't budlist-add on forums, and blank PSN requests get ignored!
Missing Rewards -over a year old, still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still MIA.
Message 12 of 29 (185 Views)
Fender Bender
2356 posts

Nov 8, 2012

This Halloween event felt like it was rushed and wasn't put to any thought. It's like they just remade the space and gave us two broken games. In which cases they could have just released the space early on as a "Here test this we want to make sure our games are functional on your part of the world." Now if the devs say "But we tested the games and they worked fine on our end." That's true because you made the game the game will work because it is closest to the server in which the games are being held on. The whole Tiki theme felt unpleasant in which it wasn't truly a Halloween theme. The space was a nice re-design but the whole idea of this event was just flat out insulting to fans of the Halloween holiday.

The rewards were nice but half of them were just remakes of the purchased items we bought. Hint: Lockwoods Halloween items.

Twitter: Soulycon
PSN: Soulycon
YouTube: Ashatote
Gaia Online: Buttsexy
Message 13 of 29 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
12512 posts

Nov 8, 2012

Crazy-88 wrote:

Myself and a fair number of my friends never managed to get the copy/paste of the 'bartender' tiki for doing all the curses... the flippin games were broken half the time, and the other half of the time, they were only giving the batwing/skull which only work for their respective items. :/ Poorly orchestrated event, as people have said, bummed by the gaudy green Midway tile in the middle.

I would've liked to hang out there over the time it was out, if it wasn't for the Midway tile ruining the vibe, and the broken games reminding me how annoying it is to try and complete holiday events that don't work. -.- I think the time shoulda been extended for the sake of making the game work, and/or a 'easy' couple days for item pickups where everything is available on the last couple days. :/ Shame none of that happened.

You new? C'mon you should know that you have to re enter the space if the game target doesn't appear.

It was also posted numerous times about changing your time zone for certain items.

The biggest hassle of the event was waiting for someone to play one of those senseless games.

Message 14 of 29 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
12512 posts

Nov 8, 2012

GlassWalls wrote:

I inquired about extending Halloween, but unfortunately weekly publishes get locked days ahead and it was not possible this time. 

Can someone translate this into English?

Message 15 of 29 (161 Views)
Fender Bender
2291 posts

Nov 8, 2012

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

GlassWalls wrote:

I inquired about extending Halloween, but unfortunately weekly publishes get locked days ahead and it was not possible this time. 

He asked about having the event extended, but was told that if they did extend this event that it would conflict with contracts preciously made with other companies.

I think what he means is they've plans for the adventure district.

Message 16 of 29 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
582 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 8, 2012

I missed/skipped a bunch of the rewards. Meh, whatever. Most sucked anyway. Don't like it when rewards are only available for a few unknown days. Much better to only change spaces during the weekly publish changes so we always know what the deadline is, or at least could be. Not random ingredient changes out of the blue.

As for the event itself, the decor and whole thing was disappointing.

Message 17 of 29 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Nov 8, 2012
Hey Glasswalls thank you for trying to get an extension though. :/ Its a shame it didnt happen that way, but yes the show must go on...
Support Forums
Message 18 of 29 (148 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 8, 2012

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

GlassWalls wrote:

Im with you Savage, mostly because it seems that when they want to extent events last min there's no problem with that, but when we request it there's a problem.  I don't see how this would affect anything else since no one goes to the Adv District anyways!  And the updates were not that significant.  Decisions like these to overlook the peoples request will often do more harm then good.  They are most likely gonna lose good members because they put business over the Community, but they forget that without the Community there is no business.

Message 19 of 29 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Nov 8, 2012

This just means, they have a poor relationship with 3rd party developers.  

It seems like he asked once, and that was it, and gave up!  

Message 20 of 29 (117 Views)
0 Likes