Reply
Jul 07 2013
By: ForeverFranconia Hekseville Citizen 303 posts
Offline

I kinda need advice, please!

39 replies 644 views Edited Jul 7, 2013

I don't know if I posted this in the right place, but I have a little bit of a problem and need some advice, if you interested…

 

I met this guy in Hudson not a while ago, (to be safe I won’t give out his username). When he first approached me, he did what 90% of guys I run into do on Home, ask me to be his virtual girlfriend. I told him kindly that I don’t do online relationships, but was still willing to be just his friend, and that it was.

 

As I gotten to know this guy I noticed something was very odd about him…I had a feeling he was young because he wasn’t acting like a lot of people my age I hang around do: 1. He spams the ever-loving heck out of the option that makes him want to visit me, I mean in about 5 seconds I would get like ten notifications from this guy. 2. Some of the things he says are questionable.

 

Today, he asked to visit me into my Dolphy Room preparing for a race, (via spamming) so I go frustrated and just let him in. I told him twice already to stop spamming that option, but he proceeded to tell me that he was sad because no one in Home liked him. I asked him what did he do? And he said nothing that everyone hated him At first I thought it was his insecurities, so I told him, that you shouldn’t come  on Home just to make friends, you just have fun, and let them come to you Because if he tries to hard they’ll think of him as creepy and run away from him. He says he just wanted to talk to because his Grandma had died, and that I was like, “Oh, well that’s totally understandable.”

 

Then he told me that he was seven…and I was a bit shocked, but explained why I felt he was a bit off. I knew he was young, and I don’t usually believe people’s ages, but this explains a lot. I felt a little worried because what if his parents caught him talking to me, and they assumed the worst and I could end up banned, or worse, in jail!

I explained to him that this could be a reason people are avoiding him, because many people don’t hang with kids on the internet and people could tell that we has on the young side. But he took it as  if I hated him, because he wasn’t the same age I was, I tried to say that I didn’t hate him, but I had to cautious because of his age, but he wouldn’t listen.

 

We then went to a race and I say him talking to girls only then he went to a girl…and wouldn’t leave her alone, I didn’t see any text bubbles, so I assumed everything was in pms. After the race, I saw the same girl tell him to leave her alone.

He came back crying to me that “See! I told you no online liked me.” Then I tried to tell him, that you shouldn’t follow random girls around because they’ll just thing that you’re being a perv, and I’ve seen him do this a lot.

 

Then when his friend came on, it all hell broke loose, I wasn’t sure what was happening, they both were bombarding me with texts, with the guy I was with telling me not to tell him his age aloud, yelling at me in fact, while his friend was, I assuming trying to flirt with me… he got jealous and startng telling him to shut up and leave me alone. after the next race I just let and ran in to x7, and then off the PS3 altogether.

 

I don’t know what to do at this point, they’ll really making home not fun for me anymore, I would really like advice, I don’t know how to help this guy, It’s usually not my place.  Want to help, but I feel like I should stay away because I found out what his age is…

 

Please help me, if you can!


Wow, my signature is bright!
Message 1 of 40 (644 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/08/2011
Offline
694 posts
 

Re: I kinda need advice, please!

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2013

ForeverFranconia wrote:

 

I don’t know what to do at this point, they’ll really making home not fun for me anymore, I would really like advice, I don’t know how to help this guy, It’s usually not my place.  Want to help, but I feel like I should stay away because I found out what his age is…

 

Please help me, if you can!


If they're taking the fun out of Home for you, it's probably time to delete them and move on.

Message 2 of 40 (634 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 02/13/2013
Offline
303 posts
 

Re: I kinda need advice, please!

Jul 7, 2013

LittleTortuga wrote:

ForeverFranconia wrote:

 

I don’t know what to do at this point, they’ll really making home not fun for me anymore, I would really like advice, I don’t know how to help this guy, It’s usually not my place.  Want to help, but I feel like I should stay away because I found out what his age is…

 

Please help me, if you can!


If they're taking the fun out of Home for you, it's probably time to delete them and move on.

 

Everything has a sell by date.


I should have mentioned, that I thought of doing that plenty of times, but I'd hate to add insult to imjury.

 

That' the price I pay of being too nice.


Wow, my signature is bright!
Message 3 of 40 (625 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/18/2012
Offline
4550 posts
 

Re: I kinda need advice, please!

Jul 7, 2013

ForeverFranconia wrote:

I don't know if I posted this in the right place, but I have a little bit of a problem and need some advice, if you interested…

 

I met this guy in Hudson not a while ago, (to be safe I won’t give out his username). When he first approached me, he did what 90% of guys I run into do on Home, ask me to be his virtual girlfriend. I told him kindly that I don’t do online relationships, but was still willing to be just his friend, and that it was.

 

As I gotten to know this guy I noticed something was very odd about him…I had a feeling he was young because he wasn’t acting like a lot of people my age I hang around do: 1. He spams the ever-loving heck out of the option that makes him want to visit me, I mean in about 5 seconds I would get like ten notifications from this guy. 2. Some of the things he says are questionable.

 

Today, he asked to visit me into my Dolphy Room preparing for a race, (via spamming) so I go frustrated and just let him in. I told him twice already to stop spamming that option, but he proceeded to tell me that he was sad because no one in Home liked him. I asked him what did he do? And he said nothing that everyone hated him At first I thought it was his insecurities, so I told him, that you shouldn’t come  on Home just to make friends, you just have fun, and let them come to you Because if he tries to hard they’ll think of him as creepy and run away from him. He says he just wanted to talk to because his Grandma had died, and that I was like, “Oh, well that’s totally understandable.”

 

Then he told me that he was seven…and I was a bit shocked, but explained why I felt he was a bit off. I knew he was young, and I don’t usually believe people’s ages, but this explains a lot. I felt a little worried because what if his parents caught him talking to me, and they assumed the worst and I could end up banned, or worse, in jail!

I explained to him that this could be a reason people are avoiding him, because many people don’t hang with kids on the internet and people could tell that we has on the young side. But he took it as  if I hated him, because he wasn’t the same age I was, I tried to say that I didn’t hate him, but I had to cautious because of his age, but he wouldn’t listen.

 

We then went to a race and I say him talking to girls only then he went to a girl…and wouldn’t leave her alone, I didn’t see any text bubbles, so I assumed everything was in pms. After the race, I saw the same girl tell him to leave her alone.

He came back crying to me that “See! I told you no online liked me.” Then I tried to tell him, that you shouldn’t follow random girls around because they’ll just thing that you’re being a perv, and I’ve seen him do this a lot.

 

Then when his friend came on, it all hell broke loose, I wasn’t sure what was happening, they both were bombarding me with texts, with the guy I was with telling me not to tell him his age aloud, yelling at me in fact, while his friend was, I assuming trying to flirt with me… he got jealous and startng telling him to shut up and leave me alone. after the next race I just let and ran in to x7, and then off the PS3 altogether.

 

I don’t know what to do at this point, they’ll really making home not fun for me anymore, I would really like advice, I don’t know how to help this guy, It’s usually not my place.  Want to help, but I feel like I should stay away because I found out what his age is…

 

Please help me, if you can!


Wow, this is really complicated. It's hard for me to say report him....because he doesn't understand, but you should really try to get your point across that he's too young to be on PS Home and can't run after girls. 

 

It might be hard for you..but it's what's necessary to do without anything getting banned, or hurt.


<

         photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

                                                 Welcoming Committee   

Message 4 of 40 (619 Views)
Gaming Beast
Registered: 01/29/2011
Offline
1633 posts
 

Re: I kinda need advice, please!

Jul 7, 2013

ForeverFranconia wrote:

 

I don’t know what to do at this point, they’ll really making home not fun for me anymore, I would really like advice, I don’t know how to help this guy, It’s usually not my place.  Want to help, but I feel like I should stay away because I found out what his age is…

 

Please help me, if you can!


Put him on block and delete him already. Worry about yourself.

Message 5 of 40 (615 Views)
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/15/2011
Offline
6383 posts
 

Re: I kinda need advice, please!

Jul 7, 2013

You already Know what has to be done. Prolonging it isn't going to make it any easier.Woman Happy

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 6 of 40 (614 Views)
Shinra Executive
Registered: 05/22/2009
Offline
29271 posts
 

Re: I kinda need advice, please!

Jul 7, 2013

If he is in fact that young he shouldn't be using the service to begin with. From reading what you've had to say I would simply delelte the user and move on.

 

If Home isn't fun anymore there is no point to it. It's not easy deleting someone you know but in this case it appears that might be the best thing for you to do. 

Message 7 of 40 (599 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/02/2013
Offline
4056 posts
 

Re: I kinda need advice, please!

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2013

 

I can tell that you are struggling with this, you seem to be gentle soul and only looking to help, but the reason he is having so many problems online, is because he's too young to be there. You seem to be concerned about what will happen to the child if you remove yourself from the situation and the only way I can think to absolve you from that responsibility is to remind you that it is the child's parents responsibility to deal with these issues, not yours.  You are absolved, go forth and... you know... have fun!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 40 (573 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 09/10/2012
Offline
1317 posts
 

Re: I kinda need advice, please!

Jul 7, 2013

What I do when I find out someone is too young for me is, I kindly tell them that they are much too young for me to be hanging out with and that it would be inappropriate for us to continue to be friends. I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to remove you from my friends list. If they put up a stink then at that point you can stop being nice and just delete them and stop talking about it lol. Try your best, if your best isn't good enough for them, then it's sad to say, but it's ok to stop trying.

Message 9 of 40 (560 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 02/13/2013
Offline
303 posts
 

Re: I kinda need advice, please!

Jul 7, 2013

I personally want to thank everyone that has taken time out of their day to help me, I really appreciated it!


Wow, my signature is bright!
Message 10 of 40 (543 Views)