Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Re: I have a question about the avatar gender subject.

Jul 31, 2012
I just thought of something reading the post above this. Is dating pixels weird if theres a HUMAN behind the pixels? Like a living breathing person with emotions? I believe that people have fallen in love with the words of others throughout history in love letters, and definately online so in the case of a love letter would you argue someone is just falling in love with INK and that it is also sad? I see your edit so I know what you RAGE think but it was a question I asked myself. I dont date on Home although I have good friends that are 'supposedly' (lol) women I don't desire that from my experience in Home :/ But definately to each their own. I have really sweet friends on my list and sometimes I have no clue what gender they are. *shrugs*
Support Forums
Message 11 of 16 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2040 posts

Jul 31, 2012

smokingpistol wrote:
I just thought of something reading the post above this. Is dating pixels weird if theres a HUMAN behind the pixels? Like a living breathing person with emotions? I believe that people have fallen in love with the words of others throughout history in love letters, and definately online so in the case of a love letter would you argue someone is just falling in love with INK and that it is also sad? I see your edit so I know what you RAGE think but it was a question I asked myself. I dont date on Home although I have good friends that are 'supposedly' (lol) women I don't desire that from my experience in Home :/ But definately to each their own. I have really sweet friends on my list and sometimes I have no clue what gender they are. *shrugs*

I agree. People have been meeting online and falling in love as long as there has been an Internet. Obviously it doesn't work for everyone.

Message 12 of 16 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
817 posts

Jul 31, 2012

smokingpistol wrote:

I just assume they're all guys until I hear them on mic. But I don't have a problem with it or tease anyone. It's really none of my business. 

Message 13 of 16 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Sep 1, 2012

I agree with the maturity comment. You tend not to think of I at the moment as I see it cause all the avis look the same age if that makes sense in that way it is easy to not relies that the person who is berating you may be a child . As far as playing different gender on home as long as you are honest about who you are I see no issue but there are some who pretend to be females to play mind games with males as well as so called lez that use home to socialize and that I have a issue with I think it is wrong and plain silly. Home is for fun and to socialize virtually as long as you are happy follow your mind and heart.

The pen is mightier than the sword

Message 14 of 16 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3075 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 1, 2012

The reason why it's sometimes frowned upon for a guy to use a female avatar is some guys have actually used it as a way to fool other people in other games into thinking they were really females. Some do it as a joke, and others took it abit further. Either way it can leave a person feeling very humiliated that they fell for it. It can be viewed as the person is weird or gay. But I actually made 2 versions of my avatar using both genders. I made a girl look like me as a guy. It really does look like a guy except for some of her actions, it looks like a guy who acts very infeminate lol. I did it because I liked the Silent Hill Down Pour Police Uniform but there was only a female version. It actually hides certain areas really well lol.

bobs fed signature
Message 15 of 16 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Sep 1, 2012

The answer is simple. Sex sells, especially to teen boys

Message 16 of 16 (63 Views)
0 Likes