Hekseville Citizen
362 posts

Re: I dont get it... Where did youll sign up for Home™

Apr 26, 2007
  • Home Beta is open to legal U.S. or Canadian residents 18 years or older who are currently registered PlayStation® Underground™ members.

taken from the E-mail i got from sony about the home beta,so i would assume you don't have to register your products as long as you're a member of the underground

Message 11 of 29 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
614 posts

Apr 26, 2007
Face facts kids the emails wasn't random.

Freelance Journalist
Partner At EGM, Twitch.tv, Youtube
http://www.antdagamer.com
Message 12 of 29 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10063 posts

Apr 26, 2007

AntDaGamer wrote:
Face facts kids the emails wasn't random.

How do you come up with that solution, some members got emails that they weren't expecting, also there was members who got emails and didn't even own a PS3, it was random
Message 13 of 29 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
362 posts

Apr 26, 2007
It Was Random to all members of the underground (of course there were a few conditions to be met)...........this is from the E-mail:

REMEMBER:

• Home Beta is open to legal U.S. or Canadian residents 18 years or older who are currently registered PlayStation® Underground™ members.
  • Participation in Home Beta means you will be subject to Sony Computer Entertainment Europe's Privacy Policy and will receive further communications from Sony Computer Entertainment Europe.
  • You must accept the Home Beta Trial Agreement to sign up.
  • Not everyone who signs up will be accepted.
  • If you are one of the chosen few, we will notify you via email.

Good luck!

Message 14 of 29 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
614 posts

Apr 26, 2007
Exactly

They HAD to fall under some of that to get an invite. Anything else might had been a mistake.

Freelance Journalist
Message 15 of 29 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10063 posts

Apr 26, 2007

AntDaGamer wrote:
Exactly

They HAD to fall under some of that to get an invite. Anything else might had been a mistake.

Doesn't mean that its wasn't random, there are thousands of people who meet the requirements, and not all of those people got into the Home Beta, the requirements just means that you don't qualify (If you don't meet the requirements) so you aren't in the running to be a Home Beta tester, but they still randomly chosen the members of the Beta

Message Edited by PSPMAN07 on 04-26-2007 08:58 AM

Message Edited by PSPMAN07 on 04-26-2007 09:00 AM
Message 16 of 29 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
362 posts

Apr 26, 2007
A lot of my players told me that they put down their real age when they registered for the underground some years ago and they were under 18 then and i don't think it updates your age on a yearly basis so that would count out a lot of ppl right there and then the fact that there is other regions that they have to include and thats why it seems as though it wasn't random when it actually was (there is no such thing as completely random)
Message 17 of 29 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
614 posts

Apr 26, 2007
even if your right which I doubt you are. I personally don't think it was random. Saying that IF it was , It really isn't gonna matter cause they will have to have be under the guidlines which are stated in the letter. Nobody else has a chance.

Freelance Journalist
Message 18 of 29 (26 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1248 posts

Apr 26, 2007
I think the 'sign-up' was completely random....but....I think the invites will be more 'selected' by Sony.

Could be wrong---but thats what I woud do if I was Sony. Might be too much work for them to 'hand pick' people. They do want to get legit users though...I would imagine.

Funny thing is, my wife almost deleted my Beta sign-up (permenetly). She did delete it but I retrieved it outta the Email trash bin. *whew* I would of been pissed.Smiley Happy
Message 19 of 29 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10063 posts

Apr 26, 2007

Trill-Figga wrote:
A lot of my players told me that they put down their real age when they registered for the underground some years ago and they were under 18 then andi don't think it updates your age on a yearly basis so that would count out a lot of ppl right there and then the fact that there is other regions that they have to include and thats why it seems as though it wasn't random when it actually was (there is no such thing as completely random)

It does, its not really difficult as it goes by your year that you were born, I signed up when I was 15/16 and it now recognizes me as an 18 year old, so it recognize you, besides that you have to sign an NDA saying that you are 18+ so it makes a record
Message 20 of 29 (26 Views)
0 Likes