Fender Bender
3258 posts

Re: I choose to serve... but who?

May 28, 2012

Cool, I'm actually trying to find out if Cutthroats party is happening tonight or not, being the holiday weekend.  A lot of the HCVs might be away.  But I'm game if you want to go play!

Message 141 of 176 (8 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

May 28, 2012

raincheck. tenchu works extremely early for the holiday

Message 142 of 176 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2040 posts

May 28, 2012

I've been reading through some of the responses to this thread and there are some good ideas out there. I suggested a partially automated Welcome Center a while back that would be fully automated unless an approved person is present to offer personal assistance.

There is a solution that I think everyone involved with or critical of the current HCV program should be able to agree on. In fact, i think it would put the criticism to rest as soon as it was implemented.

Split the current HCVs into two groups.

1. Home Community Volunteers. These would be the Home guides that are active in community building activities and spend time in public spaces in Home answering questions and assisting users. I think that many in the batch of new HCVs would be creat candidates to be Home Guides.

2. Create a new group dedicated to Home sales and cheerleading to increase sales. We could call this group the 'Home Sales Force'. Home Sales Force members would get whatever perks and freebies they required to help Sony with sales. They would appear in promotional videos and cheerlead at developer events. The HSF member would have beacons to wear, but the beacons would say SALES in large captial letters rather than GUIDE.

Of course the existing HCVs would be able to choose which of the new groups to join, This would immediately end any criticism of the current HCV program.

This would allow Home Management to increase the number of HCVs without fear of attracting people who might only be interested in the perks and freebies. Having the new HSF in place would make it easier for them to be visible sales agents for Sony in public spaces.

Message 143 of 176 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2284 posts

May 28, 2012

julie, I think you have come up with the perfect solution!

Message 144 of 176 (8 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

May 28, 2012

I finally buy me a playstation not to long ago and find out about playstation home because it was on my xmb and I always was a big chat room fan and ps home is a virtual world so I was all for it. Ran into someone that told me about the forums too and they said to come here for help or find a guide to answer my questions. So I get on here and I see a lot of useful tips on the featured section of this forums. then I look in the discussion section. Are you serious OP? with all that featured events and the whole list of guides is right there also and to put it all down on the table I see nothing but trolling and bashing in the discussion section. there is a few posts that are useful to me as a new person to your world. I do't see new people like me on here. perhaps that is the problem?

OH WOW!  I see a movie on netflix and it's about a comet hitting earth.  That looks a lot better to me then days of our forums.  "I must say no to drama or I lose my sence of going for what I truely want in life." 

Message 145 of 176 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
8 posts

May 28, 2012

Over the year that I have been in home no i have not seen to many hcv's but when i have seen them they have always seemed to help me when i needed it. i see everyone complainin about how the hcv's get all this free stuff but never once have i seen them complain about the other sites getting the exact same free stuff. maybe im missing the point here or miss reading every post wrong in this thread. it started out as an opinion then just turned into a drama war that you might see on jersy shors or something. i bet if you were to stand back and look at every post as i have you would understand what i am saying. for me the hcv's are doing a great job and they do have lives people and must respect that. they are not robots that roam around in home all day and night. they need sleep and relaxation time as we all do. after all only santa uses robots for his workshop pffft. stand back relax clear your mind and look at everything and not a small picture of what you want to see or look for. if you look hard enough you will find what you are looking for. so far ive opened my eyes and seen nothing but kiddy acts.

HO HO HO                    AHHH SANTA JAWS

\                    /

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~^~~~~~\o/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

============Who gives presents and bites people?================

=================Santa Jaws!====================

===============================================================

HO HO HO AHHH SANTA JAWS

\ /

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~^~~~~~\o/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

============Who gives presents and bites people?================

=================Santa Jaws!====================

===============================================================
Message 146 of 176 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
359 posts

May 28, 2012

Seems like seen through the hcv facade has happened. 

Some of them do a great job, and the position and its trappings hasn't gone to their head, some continually show that is not the case, from past and present position holders. 

Its typically the ones whos egos flow eternally through their mouths, that has given this group a black eye with most.  Loose lips sink ships, has more than one interpretation and purpose.

More people may see the HCV facade and know better what they are getting into, if nothing else.  Some in it may question if its something they want to be associated with.  The ones who truely want to and do actually help, don't need the neon sign to be great home user embassadors.  They already were.  The community events they hold could all happen without the puppet strings teathering them. 

Some in it do present themselves as better than others often, past and present ones.  Favoratism and other isms, do seem to be involved.  Not for the perks and any other trappings, behaviors and things they say and do, suggest it.  Double standards, double talk, and arrogance are the biggest part of what is wrong with it, and its not confined at the volunteer just a regular user with a title level.  It permeates a bit higher.

Message 147 of 176 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
359 posts

May 28, 2012

"What?

If you have a personal issue with a Home Community Volunterr, report them via a private message to GlassWalls.

If you are basing your post on hearsay, you have no argument.

The HCV serve the community through thick and thin. If you have a personal issue, then report it in the proper manner."

You are welcome to your opinion, ive copied it verbatem.  dont pm, if the urge strikes you.  Anything you have to say can be said in the forum for all to put into context and form their own opinions about.  Anything on the topic, or just trolling comments critiquing?

Edit: added quotes to the response to me directly confrontationally

Message 148 of 176 (8 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28242 posts

May 28, 2012

mikelep9054 wrote:

You are welcome to your opinion, ive copied it verbatem.  dont pm, if the urge strikes you.  Anything you have to say can be said in the forum for all to put into context and form their own opinions about.  Anything on the topic, or just trolling comments critiquing?

I'm sorry, but exactly what are you saying? I don't understand your meaning. Can you explain it more clearly?

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 149 of 176 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
359 posts

May 28, 2012

Given the scoring/feedback/voting in polls here, and the way they are handled, and the way criticism and discussing issues is handled in general, I would have to disagree with it helping the situation on any topic, especially this one, in the current climate that exists.  Expanded into home, would probably be little difference.  The last thing the program needs is vote for me, or worse brands of politicing in the equasion too.

Message 150 of 176 (8 Views)
0 Likes