I Only Post Everything
1262 posts

Re: I can walk in Home.

Nov 19, 2009

HorizonShadow wrote:

GamerMoney wrote:
you're not the only one with a disability in home...sorry...this just seems as you want people to pitty you though I could possibly be mistaken but do understand your show of appreciation
You don't know Jers do you?

this last post i noticed was from just a few days ago so i felt i should chime in. I've been an N1 for a months and i never knew this about him. I have talked to him 400 times or more................ I take offense to anything in red. Hes ANYTHING but loud about any "disability". PERIOD. 

GamerIndepth.net!
Message 261 of 286 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Nov 19, 2009

HlPPE wrote:

this last post i noticed was from just a few days ago so i felt i should chime in. I've been an N1 for a months and i never knew this about him. I have talked to him 400 times or more................ I take offense to anything in red. Hes ANYTHING but loud about any "disability". PERIOD. 

Hi Hippe,

Besides this thread it's not really talked about to much. Thats not a good or bad thing at all. I have never used my disability as an advantage to myself. Wait, I did get on all the rides at Disneyland by going to the front of the line

It is what it is. I have a hard time playing video games but it's my favorite thing to do. Going online this morning to play Battlefield: Bad company 2 beta. I will most likely die three times before getting a kill. Point is i'm having fun.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 262 of 286 (40 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5047 posts

Nov 19, 2009

Jersquall wrote:

HlPPE wrote:

Hi Hippe,

Besides this thread it's not really talked about to much. Thats not a good or bad thing at all. I have never used my disability as an advantage to myself. Wait, I did get on all the rides at Disneyland by going to the front of the line

It is what it is. I have a hard time playing video games but it's my favorite thing to do. Going online this morning to play Battlefield: Bad company 2 beta. I will most likely die three times before getting a kill. Point is i'm having fun.

and there ya go - !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JPConway

Message 263 of 286 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2137 posts

Nov 19, 2009
Yay for sympathy points. Anyways, I'd recommend Uncharted 2 where you can run, walk, shoot, roll and jump.
Photobucket
Message 264 of 286 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2254 posts

Jan 6, 2010

Jersquall wrote:

Hi guys,

Alot of you know I have been here supporting Home like most of you for a long long time. Why? My reasoning is simple. I can walk in Home. See, I have trouble playing games that use the shoulder R1, R2, buttons. Let me take a 'Step' back and explain. I don't talk about this with any of my online friends but I think I have established myself here and my real friends will understand.

I am a C-5, C-6 Quadriplegic. My fingers do not move. I had a diving accident when I was younger that left me paralyzed. Now those that have played online games know I can still hold my own as long as I have an acceptable button configuration. But if any of you know or have had any type of physical disablity then you know how hard it can be. Most games I play have button mapping in the controller options. Home has simple controls and although I'm sure it was not intended specifically for those with limitations it makes me happy just the same. Our avatars are not exactly as we are, as you all know. Some of you have made your avatars as you really want to be.

My avatar in Home is how I imagine I would look if I could walk.. To the people in the forums and my online friends, The N1's (The Nameless Ones) I'm still Jersquall. no different than anyone else in Home. Please don't think differently of me. So what's the coolest thing for me about Home?  I can walk in Home.

~Jersquall

p.s. wow, that was tough..

This is a surprise. A grand post, but still a surprise

Indeed, you are still Jersquall. Glorious.

GISignature
Message 265 of 286 (40 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1307 posts

Jan 6, 2010

Jer Im real sorry i Am glad i met you as you are awesome and i feel good to know that you have opened up and shared this with the fourms as this has touched me.... If you need anything just let me know... and im glad that you are able to play home and enjoy it as it has gave you many oppurtunities and thats what makes me smile.... See Ya Round Buddy

Love CamronGirl

Message 266 of 286 (40 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34138 posts

Jan 6, 2010

HlPPE wrote:

HorizonShadow wrote:

GamerMoney wrote:
you're not the only one with a disability in home...sorry...this just seems as you want people to pitty you though I could possibly be mistaken but do understand your show of appreciation
You don't know Jers do you?

ill say.

ive know Jer for about 5-6 years and this topic was the first i ever heard of this disability he has.

Message Edited by the_original_se on 01-06-2010 01:02 PM

Message 267 of 286 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Jan 6, 2010

Being associate with all of you and staying busy with home, podcast, meetings,events and the hcv I never have time to think about a disibility. except dame bramage that I get from you guys

@SE has it been that long?! Smiley Surprised  GameShark.. wow. 

HomeStationMagazine
Message 268 of 286 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5047 posts

Jan 7, 2010

Jersquall wrote:

Being associate with all of you and staying busy with home, podcast, meetings,events and the hcv I never have time to think about a disibility. except dame bramage that I get from you guys

@SE has it been that long?! Smiley Surprised  GameShark.. wow. 

I believe that comes from sitting by the water - on that bench - all alone - no one else to talk to - just you - by yourself - all alone *cough cough*

JPConway

Message 269 of 286 (40 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jan 7, 2010

Jersquall,

Thank you for this post. It has given me a new perspective. Sony should make commercial using you and your avatar. Have the slogan "Why do I like Home? I can walk" I love that! it is touching and hits home to a lot of people.

Message 270 of 286 (40 Views)
0 Likes