Wastelander
689 posts

Re: I can walk in Home.

Jun 4, 2009
From the replies I'm seeing it sort of seems like op is trying to get attention. You're disabled whoopdeedoo. The handicapable want to be treated like normal people correct? Well then they need to stop letting people pity them. I'm not bagging on disabled people. I feel for some. But when they try to get attention it pisses me off. I know this one kid he has a helper at school. She copies the answers from others by asking to see how to do a problem, she just tells hime the answer. Another girl who can't use her legs or arms well, forgot what it's called(but motor skills are low if nothing). She walks with the arm cane things and she takes the stairs. She jokes around about her disability. She doesn't even use the elevator that most people who broke their legs use. I am cool with her because she doesn't try to act different. She wants to be an equal. Sure pressing down is probably hard. You could have said you can't walk and really like that you can walk in home. You had to put the whole story of why you can't walk or why it's hard to play games. If you just said you can't walk and you like walking in home I wouldn't have had a problem.
Not taking down until central plaza is like closed beta or we get TVs
Message 151 of 286 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
924 posts

Jun 4, 2009
Do you like scrambled eggs and sausage, where the sausage is crumbled up and put in with the eggs? MMMMM
contraktor
Sony 40" Bravia LCD, Sony PS3 w/ 250Gb HDD & 70+ PSN titles, Sony PSP-3000 bundle
2009 Denon AVR-2308CI 700W, 7.1 channel, Klipsch Quintet III wall-mounted speakers
Klipsch SUB-10 420W subwoofer, Monster Cable HDMI/toslink/bannana/wire connections
Gateway FX P-7805u 17" gaming laptop w/ WUXGA+ (1920x1200) display
Message 152 of 286 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5047 posts

Jun 5, 2009

Hey man I totally hear you, I can't walk much in real life, I have a club foot and can nly in real life go about 20ftany further than that and I will nt be able t even stand up anymore. I hear you, I love t just walk around home. Also If you hit R1, then Extra then Boo and start to run, you will slide around the ground. it's alot of fun, Like an imaginary scooter. Thanks for this Thread. It Brightend up my Day.

I hope that the mods and Sony understand why I bumped it up.  It's not to let Mr J get any special treatment - but since there are tons of postings every day - the "great" post's do get buried really quick.

I feel that this message needs to be kept alive every once in a while to show that the possibilities of Home are truly endless.  I read many times how Home is "boring" - or how we don't have this or we can't get that - or why does this region have more stuff......etc etc etc. 

I think the last sentences in the above posting says it all:  "Thanks for this Thread. It Brightened up my Day."

To Sony - thanks for Home - it has brightened up many people's lives Every Day.

Message 153 of 286 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
900 posts

Jun 5, 2009
Its a hard condition. But you are increasing your imagination on PS HOME. That's good. Go come on ... Let's Walk in Home.
Follow Me one Twitter: http://twitter.com/yingyangdr96
Follow Ying's Blog: http://yingyang96.blogspot.com/
Message 154 of 286 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
467 posts

Jun 8, 2009

Jersquall wrote:

Hi guys,

Alot of you know I have been here supporting Home like most of you for a long long time. Why? My reasoning is simple. I can walk in Home. See, I have trouble playing games that use the shoulder R1, R2, buttons. Let me take a 'Step' back and explain. I don't talk about this with any of my online friends but I think I have established myself here and my real friends will understand.

I am a C-5, C-6 Quadriplegic. My fingers do not move. I had a diving accident when I was younger that left me paralyzed. Now those that have played online games know I can still hold my own as long as I have an acceptable button configuration. But if any of you know or have had any type of physical disablity then you know how hard it can be. Most games I play have button mapping in the controller options. Home has simple controls and although I'm sure it was not intended specifically for those with limitations it makes me happy just the same. Our avatars are not exactly as we are, as you all know. Some of you have made your avatars as you really want to be.

My avatar in Home is how I imagine I would look if I could walk.. To the people in the forums and my online friends, The N1's (The Nameless Ones) I'm still Jersquall. no different than anyone else in Home. Please don't think differently of me. So what's the coolest thing for me about Home?  I can walk in Home.

~Jersquall

p.s. wow, that was tough..

So no one better give me hell for bringing this awesome thread up to the surface, because its the first I've seen of it, And I really want to say Thank You, to Jersquall, for opening up on such a public outlet, about such a difficult, challenging aspect of his life... I too, would like to share my story...

I also cannot walk... never have been able to. Being in a wheelchair is all I know. I was born with a very rare form of Muscular Distrophy, called "Myotubular Myopathy" (say that 5 times fast haha). I am one of 13 in Canada, and the only one in Saskatchewan. I may be the only one in the world who has the 3rd and most severe form called "X-Linked", If they have the diagnosis right... It is called "X-Linked" because the effected chromasome is an X... It was thought to have only occured in Males, who died by the age of two, but I am a female, and I am 20 this year, and otherwise healthy. It causes 50% of my skeletal muscle cells to not mature, leaving me very weak, causing severe scoliosis, because the muscles around my spine could not support it. I have been in a Power Chair since I was 4 (16 years) I also have other little disabilities, like, I have a "button" for tube feeding, because with being weak, I get too tired to eat on my own, so I tube feed slowly during the day and snack alot. I have weak lungs, so I sleep with a BiPAP machine that forces air into my lungs through a face mask. With being in a wheelchair, my legs and arms do not straighten all the way. My legs are atrophied at about an 80 degree angle from my knees, and my arms about 10 or 15 degrees. My spine when sitting is about 80 or 85 degrees, enough so my lowest left rib rests on my left hip, but when laying, my spine is only about 75 degrees curved.

I love to game, especially online... I feel normal then, because I can "kick butt" just as good as any able-bodied person. And as far as Home goes... I LOVE HOME!, but honestly... if there were an option for wheelchairs, I would pick it... Don't get me wrong, if given the gift of actually walking, I would accept it, not for me, but for my Mom, who has always cared for me herself... She says she doesn't mind, but I see the toll it takes on her. I am the youngest of 5 children, and my 3 brothers and 1 sister never felt I took Mom away from them, they are so proud of me, for the things I can do, and the things I do differently. My sister and her husband push me to do new things like quad riding, floating in a inflatable boat, riding horses etc... and my older youngest brother (who is 22) is my gaming partner, he is proud because I can kick him and his friends arses, or play along side him and be his "Wing-Girl" or "Wing-Sister" in Warhawk.

I don't get to leave my house too often because travelling with my power chair is hard (We live Rural) So gaming is almost my main source of entertainment... and Communication... (although Internet is likely my main Communication) so A big Thank You also goes out to Sony and nDreams for making Home, my "Home inside of Home", where more people come to visit, and don't stare like jerkfaces haha.

I'm definatly not looking for any pity, or jerky comments... this post was meant for Jersquall, Sony and nDreams, and other fellow disabled gamers... YOU'RE NOT ALONE! *wheelchair hugs!*

Another thing I recently discovered that if I weren't so shy, I may want to try... "Powerchair Soccer"... I'd love to be a goalie haha

"Power Soccer", seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJH5MwhHLtw

So maybe I'll see you in home or somewhere on PSN Jersquall... Good luck!

Sign the petition for Modnation Racers 2 on PS4:
http://bit.ly/1wSwKKr
Message 155 of 286 (38 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Jun 8, 2009

MOOSH89 wrote:

So no one better give me hell for bringing this awesome thread up to the surface, because its the first I've seen of it, And I really want to say Thank You, to Jersquall, for opening up on such a public outlet, about such a difficult, challenging aspect of his life... I too, would like to share my story...

I also cannot walk... never have been able to. Being in a wheelchair is all I know. I was born with a very rare form of Muscular Distrophy, called "Myotubular Myopathy" (say that 5 times fast haha). I am one of 13 in Canada, and the only one in Saskatchewan. I may be the only one in the world who has the 3rd and most severe form called "X-Linked", If they have the diagnosis right... It is called "X-Linked" because the effected chromasome is an X... It was thought to have only occured in Males, who died by the age of two, but I am a female, and I am 20 this year, and otherwise healthy. It causes 50% of my skeletal muscle cells to not mature, leaving me very weak, causing severe scoliosis, because the muscles around my spine could not support it. I have been in a Power Chair since I was 4 (16 years) I also have other little disabilities, like, I have a "button" for tube feeding, because with being weak, I get too tired to eat on my own, so I tube feed slowly during the day and snack alot. I have weak lungs, so I sleep with a BiPAP machine that forces air into my lungs through a face mask. With being in a wheelchair, my legs and arms do not straighten all the way. My legs are atrophied at about an 80 degree angle from my knees, and my arms about 10 or 15 degrees. My spine when sitting is about 80 or 85 degrees, enough so my lowest left rib rests on my left hip, but when laying, my spine is only about 75 degrees curved.

I love to game, especially online... I feel normal then, because I can "kick butt" just as good as any able-bodied person. And as far as Home goes... I LOVE HOME!, but honestly... if there were an option for wheelchairs, I would pick it... Don't get me wrong, if given the gift of actually walking, I would accept it, not for me, but for my Mom, who has always cared for me herself... She says she doesn't mind, but I see the toll it takes on her. I am the youngest of 5 children, and my 3 brothers and 1 sister never felt I took Mom away from them, they are so proud of me, for the things I can do, and the things I do differently. My sister and her husband push me to do new things like quad riding, floating in a inflatable boat, riding horses etc... and my older youngest brother (who is 22) is my gaming partner, he is proud because I can kick him and his friends arses, or play along side him and be his "Wing-Girl" or "Wing-Sister" in Warhawk.

I don't get to leave my house too often because travelling with my power chair is hard (We live Rural) So gaming is almost my main source of entertainment... and Communication... (although Internet is likely my main Communication) so A big Thank You also goes out to Sony and nDreams for making Home, my "Home inside of Home", where more people come to visit, and don't stare like jerkfaces haha.

I'm definatly not looking for any pity, or jerky comments... this post was meant for Jersquall, Sony and nDreams, and other fellow disabled gamers... YOU'RE NOT ALONE! *wheelchair hugs!*

Another thing I recently discovered that if I weren't so shy, I may want to try... "Powerchair Soccer"... I'd love to be a goalie haha

"Power Soccer", seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJH5MwhHLtw

So maybe I'll see you in home or somewhere on PSN Jersquall... Good luck!

MOOSH89, It was for beautiful people like you this was written. Thank you so much for shareing. vi'll be adding you to my friends list if it's alright with you.

/hugs

Message Edited by Jersquall on 06-07-2009 11:09 PM
HomeStationMagazine
Message 156 of 286 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
467 posts

Jun 8, 2009
sounds good
Sign the petition for Modnation Racers 2 on PS4:
http://bit.ly/1wSwKKr
Message 157 of 286 (38 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1002 posts

Jun 8, 2009
As an agoraphobic who has not left his house in at least 10 years, I would just like to say that I think home is a wonderful place - a place where for the first time in a decade I am able to take my wife out dancing and go and meet friends and not be afraid of what they will think of how I look or who I am. I would like to thank the developers, managers and all the people who have helped to make Home a reality for us. And I would like to thank Jersqall for being so honest and thoughtful as to put up this post for us all. Thank you all. And Happy Home Days to you all always. Go! Team RHO!
Message 158 of 286 (38 Views)
Wastelander
801 posts

Jun 8, 2009
Thats epic man I am actually glad you shared that with me. I like home because i can meet interesting people like you, where in RL i would have just walked by you and not thought anything about it.
Photobucket
I am the bird of Hermes, I devoured my own wings and I was tamed.
Message 159 of 286 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Jun 8, 2009

Mr_Lochwood wrote:
As an agoraphobic who has not left his house in at least 10 years, I would just like to say that I think home is a wonderful place - a place where for the first time in a decade I am able to take my wife out dancing and go and meet friends and not be afraid of what they will think of how I look or who I am. I would like to thank the developers, managers and all the people who have helped to make Home a reality for us. And I would like to thank Jersqall for being so honest and thoughtful as to put up this post for us all. Thank you all. And Happy Home Days to you all always. Go! Team RHO!

Again this thread has done it's job in more ways than I ever thought it would. Welcome Home Mr_Lochwood!
HomeStationMagazine
Message 160 of 286 (38 Views)
0 Likes