I Only Post Everything
1135 posts

Re: I can sit on this railing all day and do nothing I'm so cool

Jun 28, 2010

Malice_Mizer wrote:
Christ, remember when there used to be fun glitches? Like when people could sneak backstage at Siren and hang out behind the front desk or whatever? Those were actually kinda fun. Not this "Hey look I wrecked my analog stick to get on top of this metal fence/bench/chair and I'm slightly higher than you." garbage.

priceless !!

The mission of People’s Home Initiative is to provide and support committed, confident and caring volunteers who through community relations, leadership and a standard of excellence help to achieve a more unified and productive voice for the Home community and to make Home a better more enjoyable experience for all.
Message 31 of 46 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5047 posts

Jun 28, 2010

coboltcurse wrote:

Yep thats how you know people are bored, when they have nothing better to do then attempt to glitch somewhere all day. Either they glitch cause they're bored, or glitch cause they want attention.

I personally don't see any enjoyment out of attempting to glitch something for 20-30mins.

No one is saying you need to - have to - or must - glitch.  If you don't see the enjoyment - then don't do it.  One person's fun doesn't have to be anothers.  And to say they are bored or want attention - how do you know this? 

If others like it - then why such the negativity towards them?  Are they doing you any harm?  Glitching may be trying to take something to the next step - to test the boundaries. 

I think that bored people like to diss others that are having more fun than they are - or they complain about others for attention.  Hmmmmmmmmmmm - something to think about perhaps?

JPConway

Message 32 of 46 (28 Views)
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
1300 posts

Jun 28, 2010

MysteryPerson wrote:

What's with people glitching in home? Really? Who gets THAT bored? All you do is get on some railing or get outside the "map" in the playground and DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Is this all HOME has to offer? A few mini games here and there that take ages to play cause you either have to keep smashing X until you get lucky or wait forever until it's your turn (The soccer thing and basketball) and glitches? Really??

The only good thing in HOME so far are the little games you can do on your own. Like salt shooter or the LBP picture hunt. I guess the locoroco one is pretty good but I beat someone at that weird board game and didn't get anything for doing so.. even though it said I was supposed to get another one of those little... things...

EDIT: And now there's gangs who just recruit people all day and "just chill". I even see people talk about their crews "taking over". What's wrong with people?!?

Personally, I don't have a problem with glitching... If somebody wants to sit on a rail all day -- I'm not gonna stop them. Why? Because it's not doing anything to interfere with me enjoying my time on Home... So why should I care? Smiley Happy 

Most people glitch when they're bored anyway (I know I do), and also to just explore and what-not. But so what? If that's what they want to do, let them do it.

Message 33 of 46 (28 Views)
Wastelander
677 posts

Jun 29, 2010

what does it matter to you what other people do with their own time in Home?

Message 34 of 46 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
577 posts

Jun 29, 2010

In my opinion Home really should be more for gamers as intended and less about drama, family, and little kids. 

Well in terms glitching is a sort of challenge.  Real gamers like to know all the limits.  You always want to go places you can't normally go to.  I can only speak for myself, but I rather be in a glitched area with other ppl that like to do so instead of being swamped with noobs, pervs, and report whiners. 

Message 35 of 46 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
521 posts

Jun 29, 2010

I'd like to share some photographs with all of you, especially the OP...

I like finding and seeing things that most people miss. Take this tiny Bee for instance. How many of you have ever noticed him before? He's been there for a very long time, and still is.

Or this...

Now, think about those pictures above, and apply them to glitching.

All of the photos above were taken by doing a certain glitch within the specified space.

Depending on where you glitch, you will get the opportunity to see things that people normally wouldn't be able to see otherwise. Being the photography nut that I am (inside and outside of Home), glitching gives me the upper hand ability to see new and different things and many of my pictures reflect that. Some people glitch for popularity. Some people glitch to because they are elite. Some people glitch for fun. Some people glitch out of boredom. I feel that glitching is what you want it to be. Glitching is what you...yourself...put into it and ultimately what you get out of it. Everyone is different, therefore everyone's views and opnions on glitching will be different. I don't expect anyone to accept it, but perhaps you can come to understand it. You never know what's on the other side. You'd be quite surprised.

Message 36 of 46 (28 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jun 29, 2010

Sinistr_Immortl wrote:

In my opinion Home really should be more for gamers as intended and less about drama, family, and little kids. 

Well in terms glitching is a sort of challenge.  Real gamers like to know all the limits.  You always want to go places you can't normally go to.  I can only speak for myself, but I rather be in a glitched area with other ppl that like to do so instead of being swamped with noobs, pervs, and report whiners. 

And who are the real gamers home should be for? Oddly enough everyone on my list plays games when not in Home. This nebulous terminology of "real gamer" really means what?

Home is for being with friends, making friends, family, kids, drama and lots more. It is certainly about gamers meeting other gamers and they don't need to be hard core in order to qualify. And I might want to add that there are an awful lot of "kids" trash talking at the other end of those mics when I play Uncharted Online Multiplayer.

Message 37 of 46 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
721 posts

Jun 29, 2010

JPConway wrote:

coboltcurse wrote:

Yep thats how you know people are bored, when they have nothing better to do then attempt to glitch somewhere all day. Either they glitch cause they're bored, or glitch cause they want attention.

I personally don't see any enjoyment out of attempting to glitch something for 20-30mins.

No one is saying you need to - have to - or must - glitch.  If you don't see the enjoyment - then don't do it.  One person's fun doesn't have to be anothers.  And to say they are bored or want attention - how do you know this? 

If others like it - then why such the negativity towards them?  Are they doing you any harm?  Glitching may be trying to take something to the next step - to test the boundaries. 

I think that bored people like to diss others that are having more fun than they are - or they complain about others for attention.  Hmmmmmmmmmmm - something to think about perhaps?

JPConway

No negativity, just speaking the truth. Don't take it so personal man. Most people admit they spend time glitchimg because they're bored. If home was empty, I doubt people would glitch, because face it, most people do it for attention.

Home removed glitching from most places, probably because it makes it look like they half assed the area with so many glitchs. I have nothing against glitchers tho, as long as they dont ruin someone else fun, which they loved to do in the past(Chess/poker).

Message 38 of 46 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1300 posts

Jun 29, 2010

Miadaskate wrote:

I'd like to share some photographs with all of you, especially the OP...

~snip~ 

All of the photos above were taken by doing a certain glitch within the specified space.

Depending on where you glitch, you will get the opportunity to see things that people normally wouldn't be able to see otherwise. Being the photography nut that I am (inside and outside of Home), glitching gives me the upper hand ability to see new and different things and many of my pictures reflect that. Some people glitch for popularity. Some people glitch to because they are elite. Some people glitch for fun. Some people glitch out of boredom. I feel that glitching is what you want it to be. Glitching is what you...yourself...put into it and ultimately what you get out of it. Everyone is different, therefore everyone's views and opnions on glitching will be different. I don't expect anyone to accept it, but perhaps you can come to understand it. You never know what's on the other side. You'd be quite surprised.

Those are some really nice pics, Miada. I also think it's cool how the developers make the areas so detailed where most people wouldn't see.

Message 39 of 46 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5047 posts

Jun 29, 2010

coboltcurse wrote:

JPConway wrote:

coboltcurse wrote:

JPConway

No negativity, just speaking the truth. Don't take it so personal man. Most people admit they spend time glitchimg because they're bored. If home was empty, I doubt people would glitch, because face it, most people do it for attention.

Home removed glitching from most places, probably because it makes it look like they half assed the area with so many glitchs. I have nothing against glitchers tho, as long as they dont ruin someone else fun, which they loved to do in the past(Chess/poker).

A glitcher's paradise - then they wouldn't have to try and answer the thousand's of "how did you do that" question.  They can focus on what they are trying to do.

As to me taking it personally - I don't really glitch - used to - but not for a while.  I did it for the fun of it - so I don't take it personally, man.  And I totally agree to the "don't ruin someone elses fun".  That is one of the worst things anyone who glitches can do.

What I do take "personally" is the way some people will categorize a "group" of people and just cut them down.  I am not saying that all people on Home are good people - but when you see it every day on the forums - it just disheartens me.  Why judge someone you don't even know - just cause they "glitch" - are in a fam - are gay - etc etc etc.  Judge the person when you get to know them.

JPConway

Message 40 of 46 (28 Views)