Treasure Hunter
6286 posts

Re: I WANT A STRAGT ANSEWER!

Dec 15, 2008

Why are we arguing? Simple fact is its not in there now, and there is a very good chance it wont ever be in. No need to argue. that wont do anyone any good. If the feature ever does come into Home then it does. But as for right now, its not in there. NO need to argue about why or why its not or should be in there because simple fact is its not in there

http://www.chaselester.com
Message 31 of 48 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9353 posts

Dec 15, 2008

KINGOFKINGS43 wrote:
Whats the deal with the video streming feature?! Is SONY in some sort of leagule issue or iz that just some sick sick roomer (PLEASE BE A ROOMER!) i think we should have the option to watch vids downloaded from the playstation store in our home space. what do u guys think?

Gt m3 s0m koffiez asap!1!!!1 tihs iz teh intrawebz n its srius bizness.

dun wrie w3 w1ll fgUre tihs 0ut 4s a c0munanty.

w4tCh 4 teh h0tbbQS

Yo dawg I heard you liked quantum mechanics so I didn't do anything, and I did something at the same time.
Message 32 of 48 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2740 posts

Dec 15, 2008

I think this will all really come down to whether the law sees your apartment in Home as a private or public place.  You're not legally allowed to show a movie at your office, a restaurant, a summer camp, the public library, your day-care facility, the park, your church, your school bus, etc. without paying $300 - $500 for a Public Performance License.  Do people break that law all the time?  Sure.  Does Sony want to get sued into the stone age over allowing people to do it on their service? No. 

The law says that any location outside of your home is considered public for copyright purposes, and even a closed-circuit transmission is deemed a public performance of the work.  So really the only way Sony will ever, ever, ever be able to legally let you stream stuff to other people in your Home apartment is to either pay a massive amount of 'blanket licensing' money to cover everyone, or to get your virtual space on their services recognized legally as a private residence.  I don't know that either of those situations is very likely.  I suspect that, at best, Sony would allow you to watch stuff you bought in the PSN Store with other people who also bought the same video... maybe.

Message 33 of 48 (6 Views)
First Son
24 posts

Dec 15, 2008
I heard something said about streaming content thats on your playstation at one time but i never heard anything about streaming movies. It won't be possible for them to allow streaming of anything copyrighted. That will be the issue for them is being able to seperate what is allowable and what isn't.
Message 34 of 48 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1550 posts

Dec 15, 2008

CaptainGillette wrote:

I think this will all really come down to whether the law sees your apartment in Home as a private or public place.  You're not legally allowed to show a movie at your office, a restaurant, a summer camp, the public library, your day-care facility, the park, your church, your school bus, etc. without paying $300 - $500 for a Public Performance License.  Do people break that law all the time?  Sure.  Does Sony want to get sued into the stone age over allowing people to do it on their service? No. 

The law says that any location outside of your home is considered public for copyright purposes, and even a closed-circuit transmission is deemed a public performance of the work.  So really the only way Sony will ever, ever, ever be able to legally let you stream stuff to other people in your Home apartment is to either pay a massive amount of 'blanket licensing' money to cover everyone, or to get your virtual space on their services recognized legally as a private residence.  I don't know that either of those situations is very likely.  I suspect that, at best, Sony would allow you to watch stuff you bought in the PSN Store with other people who also bought the same video... maybe.

i beg to differ...if you own you have the right to show it to anyone you want. And however many people you want.

Signature removed by Admin due to inappropriate content.
Message 35 of 48 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6129 posts

Dec 15, 2008

guncrazy56 wrote:

CaptainGillette wrote:

i beg to differ...if you own you have the right to show it to anyone you want. And however many people you want.

It's Capitalism, bro. They'll never give us our rights.

Random Images
Message 36 of 48 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2740 posts

Dec 15, 2008

guncrazy56 wrote:

Sure, but last time I checked, I didn't own any movies.  I suspect you don't own any either. All you own is a piece of plastic with an authorized copy of the movie on it.  That doesn't give you the right to do diddly squat except watch that movie at your house. Period.  Keep in mind that owning a DVD or CD and owning the intellectual property encoded on it are two entirely different things in the eyes of the law, regardless of whether we agree with it or not.

Message Edited by CaptainGillette on 12-15-2008 04:34 PM
Message 37 of 48 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3548 posts

Dec 15, 2008
It is not a LEGAL (not legule) issue.  It is just a RUMOR (not roomer).  Want proof?  Clubhouse were just recently added.  They were added LONG after the whole "video sharing removed for legal issues" rumor was started.  And in clubhouses, there are flatscreen TV's mounted on the wall.  Now why would they add this to a brand new feature if there is absolutely no use for it?  There may be a chance that they limit video sharing to clubhouses only, but video sharing WILL be added at a later date in one form or another.

Message 38 of 48 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3548 posts

Dec 15, 2008

Neridqe wrote:

KINGOFKINGS43 wrote:
Whats the deal with the video streming feature?! Is SONY in some sort of leagule issue or iz that just some sick sick roomer (PLEASE BE A ROOMER!) i think we should have the option to watch vids downloaded from the playstation store in our home space. what do u guys think?

w4tCh 4 teh h0tbbQS

This is normally where I state that throwing a bunch of random words into a pile does not constitute a sentance.  However, i cannot say that here because at no point in your thread did you type even so much as one complete word.  What The Hell????

Message 39 of 48 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9353 posts

Dec 15, 2008

slockwood wrote:

Neridqe wrote:

KINGOFKINGS43 wrote:

w4tCh 4 teh h0tbbQS

This is normally where I state that throwing a bunch of random words into a pile does not constitute a sentance.  However, i cannot say that here because at no point in your thread did you type even so much as one complete word.  What The Hell????

This isnt my thread, it was my REPLY.

A thread is not the same as a reply.

My reply was in jest, in regards to the OPs murdering of the english language.

What the hell ( no need to put caps on the H) indeed.

Yo dawg I heard you liked quantum mechanics so I didn't do anything, and I did something at the same time.
Message 40 of 48 (6 Views)
0 Likes