Lombax Warrior
225 posts

Re: Huge Pottermore Update – Impressions

May 30, 2013
What's this about only using school uniforms? O_o I was in Slytherin Commons for well over an hour in my green shirt, skirt, and boots set from Twilfitts. Only reason I changed out was a friend insisted we dress in school uniforms to go to the Charms class thing. Unless that restriction happened tonight, you can wear whatever clothes you have that were bought in Pottermore.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 81 of 99 (493 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3279 posts

May 30, 2013

SashaStark wrote:
What's this about only using school uniforms? O_o I was in Slytherin Commons for well over an hour in my green shirt, skirt, and boots set from Twilfitts. Only reason I changed out was a friend insisted we dress in school uniforms to go to the Charms class thing. Unless that restriction happened tonight, you can wear whatever clothes you have that were bought in Pottermore.

Sorry, I should've phrased it better.  You can't wear offical items belonging to another house in your house's commons, for example no offcial Slytherin outfits(the ones you get from Madam Malkin's) in the Hufflepuff Commons.  Items from Twilffits aren't official house items even though they show the different house colors.

photo rsz_pshomeless1_zpst3ouqfpg.png
Message 82 of 99 (452 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

May 30, 2013
O_O Noooow I get it. Hehe doesn't bother meee to much since I haven't bought any other house robes than Slytherin. A friend of mine isn't going to be too happy though. They like mixing up the uniforms for fun.
Message 83 of 99 (448 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

May 30, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Well she got Claire into RavenClaw so I'm happy. 

Me too Joanna, I got into the RavenClaw, LOL

Message 84 of 99 (419 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

May 30, 2013

So was wondering, how do you get to the 2nd floor to check out the store to buy the space?

Message 85 of 99 (387 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4569 posts

[ Edited ]
May 30, 2013

Anton_Xul wrote:
I finally created a Pottermore account. I'm stuck in chapter 5. There is a lock in the arrow to continue. What do I need to do? I'm using the phone to do this, because the website isn't working right in my computer for some reason.

Also, how the bloody Hell do you move the fakakta feather in the charms game!

I feel exhausted with all this crap not working right.

If you've done any of the below steps already, just move to the next one:

1) Find the school supplies list on the ground in Diagon Alley during the first moment of Chapter 5 (zoom in once and you'll see it on the ground in the middle of the crowd)

2) Open up your Gringotts account by going into Gringotts Wizarding Bank

3) Open the school list (it'll be in the upper right corner) and buy everything that the list calls for

4) Once you buy one of everything you need, the lock will disappear and you can continue on with the book.

Message 86 of 99 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

May 30, 2013
TJMVoyager, Hogsmeade House is available through the Pottermore store in the 2nd Floor of the Mall. Be careful though, it's currently kinda.... A bad investment.
Message 87 of 99 (331 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
467 posts

May 31, 2013

This still is not working for me. I go to the great hall, click on sorting ceremony and wait, and wait, and wait, and nothing happenings. Leave try to link my account through the navigator tab, and it comes back with a 'We are experiencing a problem linking your Pottermore.com account. Please try again later.' How long is later suppose to be here. I have tried clearing the cache 3 times, deleting and reinstalling Home twice, making sure my account still working on Pottermore.com, which i am way past the sorting ceremony chapter on there, so what the heck else could it be. Someone please help me out, or let me know where I can get help for this please. Or I am just going to have to call this space for what it really is, between things not working, all the complaints on the forums about this space and items, this looks to be like another Home 'Epic FAIL'.

Message 88 of 99 (298 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
556 posts

May 31, 2013

The Sorting Ceremony isn't random. I specifically answered questions according to the Creedo of the House I wanted to join and I GOT IN THAT HOUSE. I'm pretty sure that wasn't a fluke. If you understand what each House stands for, you can work the system. (Why yes I am in Slytherin. LOL)

I can see why there's an outcry about the Hogsmeade personal space, but we don't know how or if it's going to be linked back to Pottermore, or if updates will affect it. What if you could use magic in the space? Levitate items? Blow them up? It is logical to assume that if they intend to give us that sort of interactivity, then it would obviously be easier to work with a set number of variables. Perhaps even essential. Am I going to buy it? Not right now. I'm holding out for a clubhouse version of hogwarts (or the Dungeons) or even a Personal version of the Common Room. (Or even the Shrieking Shack. Or a row house on Knockturn Alley). The possibilities are endless.

However, please keep in mind that Pottermore is a work in progress, just like Home. Yes, the restrictions are an unwelcome surprise for most (I find it hard to believe that this is not included in Terms that are listed under the item description), but think about the possibilities. The Devs aren't stupid. They know only the hardcore fans are going to buy something so restrictive. Which is why I'm almost positive there will be a future update that will allow owners to perform magic in the space (or something of the like).

Wands will be the game-changers folks. Until then, enjoy the new spaces. (Also, whoever gave the sixaxis advice, THANK YOU. This has been bothering me for HOURS. LOL.)

Club: Nachtmere
Message 89 of 99 (258 Views)
Fender Bender
1473 posts

May 31, 2013

Here are some of the fashions of Pottermore shown within the four houses.

I found the Gryffindor and Slitherin very dark spaces.

The Hufflepuff and the (sorry can't for the life of me, think of the name) are both bright and cheery spaces! 

If we took just five minutes, to recognize each others beauty, instead of attacking each other for our differences .............
Ellen Page
Message 90 of 99 (247 Views)