PlayStation MVP
29264 posts

Re: Huge Pottermore Update – Impressions

May 29, 2013

Well she got Claire into RavenClaw so I'm happy. 

Message 71 of 99 (500 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4395 posts

[ Edited ]
May 29, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

all you have to do is keep on clicking "next chapter". you dont actually have to examine and collect stuff. Smiley Tongue

only thing you have to do is the shopping list, but thats easy.

I can confirm this.  Also the sorting hat result is purely random, even if you happen to get the exact same questions and answer them the exact same way, most of the time you will be sorted to a different house.  It's designed to 'appear' like a real personality test, but the results are random - likely to try and make sure all four houses are equally represented - although I'm sure many purposefully create alt accounts to get the house they want.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 72 of 99 (499 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

May 29, 2013
Really? Man that's a buzzkill. I thought it was legit sorting a bit. As fore the update itself... I thought it'd kind of be one big sprawling castle, not having to jump spaces for something like Charms class.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 73 of 99 (479 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
266 posts

May 29, 2013

for those of you who weren't able to connect their pottermore account because they deleted it by accident etc , it now works when you try to connect your new one so I think it's finally fixed for me it worked after 2 months I was able to finally connect my new account with my psn Id Smiley Happy

Message 74 of 99 (466 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
233 posts

[ Edited ]
May 29, 2013

Ooh, the Ravenclaw place looks nice. I took some pictures of the Slytherin place so people can see. So far I've just yet to see the Gryffindor room.

sly

sly2

sly3

The light in there sure is dramatic by that fireplace. xD

Message 75 of 99 (461 Views)
Lombax Warrior
266 posts

May 29, 2013

how can you see other houses when your already in one can you change your current account to another pottermore account ?

Message 76 of 99 (455 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
631 posts

May 29, 2013
I finally created a Pottermore account. I'm stuck in chapter 5. There is a lock in the arrow to continue. What do I need to do? I'm using the phone to do this, because the website isn't working right in my computer for some reason.

Also, how the bloody Hell do you move the fakakta feather in the charms game!

I feel exhausted with all this crap not working right.
Antonio Xul
Message 77 of 99 (448 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
996 posts

May 30, 2013

I'm wondering the same thing... :/ As for the feather, it's motion control. You have to tilt your controller.

Message 78 of 99 (428 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3267 posts

May 30, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

bestscreenname wrote:

I can't even use the Charms space, just loads into a blackish bubble and when I walk out I fall off the map.

Don't walk around. I know I fell off the map too. It takes quite a bit of time to load. Just wait for it. 

Thanks but I've been trying that.  I even sat in there for about half an hour just now and still nothing, cleared cache and tried again and even cleared cache a 2nd time from in the space.  No www spinning or hdd indicator going, all I get is the dark bubble room. 

The other spaces look nice and the sorting hat thing was kind of neat but again, they're pretty big spaces with nothing to do in them.  I also noticed you can only use proper House clothing in the Common rooms.  I previously purchased some Slytherin stuff before I was sorted and was unable to access them in the Hufflepuff room.

I'm also extremely disappointed in the personal space.  It makes no sense to not even be able to chat locally in a personal space and unless you want to fork out 8 more bucks for furniture on top of the 6.49 for the space, you just have a house you can stand in and look out of the window.   I sent a tweet out to Pottermore and I'm about to hop on their forums about this too.  I understand the restrictions in public areas but enforcing them in personal spaces is just crossing the line.  Its also incredibly dark,  I had to use the flash on the camera to even see it has built in shelving some items on them.  It's a shame because the house actually looks kind of cool but its just pointless as it is.

photo rsz_pshomeless1_zpst3ouqfpg.png
Message 79 of 99 (415 Views)
Wastelander
631 posts

May 30, 2013
Thanks Red Wesley on the feather info. Now I can't get past the 16th level in charms, because I have to be further in the Pottermore site, but I'm blocked by a locked arrow. I'm still stuck in chapter 5 in Diagon Alley.
Antonio Xul
Message 80 of 99 (403 Views)
0 Likes