Uncharted Territory
1669 posts

Re: Huge Pottermore Update – Impressions

May 29, 2013

Again Home has failed to explain excatlly what to do. I made an account, and I still can't enter places. It says to link account, where do I do that at. If your going to create games and what not, then make them so that people understand where and what to do and where to go.

It's called instructions // manual, I don't know why it's so hard to do this?

Message 61 of 99 (478 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

May 29, 2013

TJMVoyager wrote:

Again Home has failed to explain excatlly what to do. I made an account, and I still can't enter places. It says to link account, where do I do that at. If your going to create games and what not, then make them so that people understand where and what to do and where to go.

If you have an account at Pottermore you need to continue to play the game there until your are sorted. Once sorted you can then link your account. I did that with my Claire Redfield account this morning. She was sorted into RavenClaw. Joanna is Hufflepuff. 

Message 62 of 99 (474 Views)
VP of Gaming
34149 posts

May 29, 2013

Ledis15 wrote:

Checked out the Ravenclaw Common Room. Here are a few pictures that I took of the space.

thats really nice. im jealous.

the Hufflepuff one looks like a dumpy Hobbit house. Smiley Sad Smiley Very Happy

Message 63 of 99 (466 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

May 29, 2013

Also, just another warning about signing up with the web site... I did it when the Pottermore spaces first became available on Home. It took me quite a long time... much longer than I anticipated. It wasn't a process where you register and then are able to attend the sorting ceremony and get your assigned house (which is not a personal space, it is an affiliation to a "house", which is a grouping of Griffindor students. It's a bit like being put into a club.)... you need to progress through (I think) 7 chapters of the web-site book. It took me nearly an hour, and I kept wondering if I was not doing it correctly, because it took so much time!

Message 64 of 99 (457 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

May 29, 2013

CameraCat wrote:

Also, just another warning about signing up with the web site... I did it when the Pottermore spaces first became available on Home. It took me quite a long time... much longer than I anticipated. It wasn't a process where you register and then are able to attend the sorting ceremony and get your assigned house (which is not a personal space, it is an affiliation to a "house", which is a grouping of Griffindor students. It's a bit like being put into a club.)... you need to progress through (I think) 7 chapters of the web-site book. It took me nearly an hour, and I kept wondering if I was not doing it correctly, because it took so much time!

Exactly you need to be sorted on the website and that takes time. Simply registering isn't going to work on Home until that process is done there. 

Message 65 of 99 (448 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1669 posts

May 29, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

TJMVoyager wrote:

If you have an account at Pottermore you need to continue to play the game there until your are sorted. Once sorted you can then link your account. I did that with my Claire Redfield account this morning. She was sorted into RavenClaw. Joanna is Hufflepuff. 

Oh okay thanks Joanna, I am playing it now, at least someone knows what to do, Smiley Very Happy

Message 66 of 99 (447 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
460 posts

[ Edited ]
May 29, 2013

you can get  to the houses if you see  any friends at the spaces download them in the background 

then respond to the download alert when it finishes select to  go there as it asks when the download finishes and add the spaces to favourites

it wont let you  directly follow to friends and they cant invite but once added to favourites you can go there at will

Message 67 of 99 (445 Views)
VP of Gaming
34149 posts

May 29, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

CameraCat wrote:

Exactly you need to be sorted on the website and that takes time. Simply registering isn't going to work on Home until that process is done there. 

i just made another account to get into a different house, from registering to sorting it only took like 5 minutes.

Message 68 of 99 (441 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

May 29, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

CameraCat wrote:

i just made another account to get into a different house, from registering to sorting it only took like 5 minutes.

Easy for you to say. I had a Pottermore fan help me this morning. She read all the books and watched all the movies. LoL

Message 69 of 99 (430 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34149 posts

May 29, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

CameraCat wrote:

Easy for you to say. I had a Pottermore fan help me this morning. She read all the books and watched all the movies. LoL

all you have to do is keep on clicking "next chapter". you dont actually have to examine and collect stuff. Smiley Tongue

only thing you have to do is the shopping list, but thats easy.

Message 70 of 99 (425 Views)
0 Likes