Lombax Warrior
266 posts

Re: Huge Pottermore Update – Impressions

May 29, 2013

I don't know if its just me but I can't get into the ceremony thing it just leaves me the playing button on my id and I can move anywhere and still doesn't do anything it's like I didn't even press play 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 51 of 99 (828 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5806 posts

May 29, 2013

Checked out the Gryffindor common room. It's kind of small and not really much to do in it (possibly same as other house Dormitory rooms?). The Charms class Levitation game is ok but I always sort of hated (six axis) motion control(s) gaming so I stopped playing after Lv...6 or 7 i think.

All in all, it's more like a 2/5 for me Smiley Sad

Im better off playing my old Harry Potter Sorcerer's Stone PS1 game Smiley Wink

The Flying Grayson, Nightwing, Robin, They were about more than fight moves. They were about inspiration, comfort, trust, family. I gave that up to become a spy. a Spider man; A Tsuchigumo. I have changed.
But I'll Always be D. Grayson

N52 Grayson 6

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 52 of 99 (811 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
676 posts

[ Edited ]
May 29, 2013

madouda wrote:

Update so far Regarding the personal space apartment $6.49: 

You can't change outfit but Pottermore clothing line ( Ranging from $0.99 & up  or default clothing you get when you arrive at Pottermore)

You can't use any other furniture but Pottermore furniture line ( at $7.99 each pack ) I believe there is 4 packs available.

You can't use your Observer camera,BBC camera or Loot camera.

You can't use group chat Only local chat.

The place is a duplex which inside is a much smaller knock off of the Bramblenook Farm personal space from Juggernaut without having access to the outside & all the activities to do

Yikes, thanks for the heads up. Sounds more like a storefront than a proper personal space you can freely decorate. Since you have to buy their furniture anyway, they probably should have made it a reward for stuff you do in the public spaces.

Message 53 of 99 (785 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4541 posts

May 29, 2013

madouda wrote:

Update so far Regarding the personal space apartment $6.49: 

You can't change outfit but Pottermore clothing line ( Ranging from $0.99 & up  or default clothing you get when you arrive at Pottermore)

You can't use any other furniture but Pottermore furniture line ( at $7.99 each pack ) I believe there is 4 packs available.

You can't use your Observer camera,BBC camera or Loot camera.

You can't use group chat Only local chat.

The place is a duplex which inside is a much smaller knock off of the Bramblenook Farm personal space from Juggernaut without having access to the outside & all the activities to do

I don't like to use this term but it really applies in this situation... OMG!

This is totally ridiculous.  The restrictions are bad enough in the public spaces, but to have the same restrictions for a personal space is asinine.  Do they even warn propective buyers of these restrictions?  If not, I'm guessing Sony is going to have a bunch of very angry customers demanding their money back.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 54 of 99 (776 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5125 posts

May 29, 2013

Checked out the Ravenclaw Common Room. Here are a few pictures that I took of the space.

Message 55 of 99 (767 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
13182 posts

May 29, 2013

Everyone's really into this Harry Potter crap, aren't they, LOL. Smiley LOL

Message 56 of 99 (750 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
468 posts

May 29, 2013

Thats the room i am trying to view, but until this link up stuff works, i can't, any words on what the heck with that.......

Message 57 of 99 (747 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
May 29, 2013

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

It's nice for the fans of the movies and books but they aren't really trying to expand beyond that it appears. I suspect there are many even hardcore fans who aren't happy about the personal space with it's many restrictions.

I thought the space looked good from the video but I don't even need to see it now to know I'm no longer interested. 

They've put a lot of development time into these spaces. Hopefully for those who care these won't suffer the same fate as The Magic The Gathering.

Message 58 of 99 (744 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4541 posts

May 29, 2013

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

No, people just crave for anything that is 'new'.  For the last month the Pottermore spaces have been practically empty, and I predict in a few weeks the same will be said for these 'new' Pottermore spaces.

If they did not have so many restrictions and the games had a much better incentive for playing than just collecting cards, and those games actually worked most of the time - then these spaces would likely be a lot more popular.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 59 of 99 (738 Views)
MVP Support
14685 posts

May 29, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

No, people just crave for anything that is 'new'.  For the last month the Pottermore spaces have been practically empty, and I predict in a few weeks the same will be said for these 'new' Pottermore spaces.

If they did not have so many restrictions and the games had a much better incentive for playing than just collecting cards, and those games actually worked most of the time - then these spaces would likely be a lot more popular.

Yea I'm on a HP forum that's pretty much been the same as of late too Smiley Sad.

As for the restrictions, they seem to be pretty rediculous -- how's anyone supposed to do anything if a lot of it costs money to do? Heck I'd be without a place to stay -- at least for now Smiley LOL. Wish that they had more to do in terms of mini games and that kind of thing.

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 60 of 99 (730 Views)
0 Likes