Fender Bender
3995 posts

Re: Huge Pottermore Update – Impressions

[ Edited ]
May 29, 2013

Great Update, but I hope they fix the issue with the Charms thing soon. But over all great update it was a real surprise for me, it's about time Pottermore had a good update lol.

Message 21 of 99 (392 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4541 posts

[ Edited ]
May 29, 2013

Shadow-Runner wrote:

Group chat still blocked? Still wont let people talk on mic?

If they still are blocking PMs, Group Chat, and Club Chat, even when sending those to friends who are not in the Pottermore spaces, and are not warning the sender that those messages are not getting received, then as far as I am concerned the update is meaningless, and just like the older Pottermore spaces, these will soon become ghost town spaces once the novelty wears off and people have collected their 'rewards', and in just a few weeks you'll be lucky to find a dozen people in each space.

Some how the makers of Pottermore spaces forgot that Home is a social network, and there's nothing social about disabling all forms of chat other than when someone is standing right by you.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 22 of 99 (383 Views)
Welcoming Committee
6531 posts

May 29, 2013

*Sigh* Oh well I guess I'm on my own as usual.Woman Sad

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 23 of 99 (382 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

May 29, 2013

EDEA_KRAMER wrote:

Shinra_Soldier7 wrote:

I like the spaces but wish there were some rewards to earn. I managed to finish all the charms but no rewards, just a few cards for beating a few of the levels so it really is not worth the effort to try to beat them all. 

wait so theres no apartment or special purchases related to the common room?

No purchase necessary although you need to be registered for one of the 4 houses. 

Message 24 of 99 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
539 posts

May 29, 2013

so there is an apartment then as a reward?

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 25 of 99 (350 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
May 29, 2013

EDEA_KRAMER wrote:

That isn't a personal space it's a common room that only members of your house can enter. I belong to Hufflepuff. It would have been a good idea to perhaps offer it as a personal space as well but I don't see anyting in Estates at this time. 

Message 26 of 99 (347 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
539 posts

[ Edited ]
May 29, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

EDEA_KRAMER wrote:

That isn't a personal space it's a common room that only members of your house can enter. I belong to Hufflepuff. It would have been a good idea to perhaps offer it as a personal space as well but I don't see anyting in Estates at this time. 

the video on the 1st page of this thread says you can get a space and deco it or did i mis-interpret?

Message 27 of 99 (337 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
May 29, 2013

I need to look at the video. I haven't seen that yet. I'm only judging by what I saw at the space this morning. Perhaps there is a private version as well. I'll have to go back and see if I can decorate that space.

Sorry for any misinformation. 

Edit: Darkan posted that video and it does look like a personal space. I don't know how you get that. I didn't see it in Estates. Perhaps someone can shed some light on it. I'm going to check the stores at Diagon Alley. 

Message 28 of 99 (332 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
539 posts

May 29, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

I need to look at the video. I haven't seen that yet. I'm only judging by what I saw at the space this morning. Perhaps there is a private version as well. I'll have to go back and see if I can decorate that space.

Sorry for any misinformation. 

Edit: Darkan posted that video and it does look like a personal space. I don't know how you get that. I didn't see it in Estates. Perhaps someone can shed some light on it. 

ok cool so it does seem like it may be one. im glad because i cant stand this stupid site. ersonally i think its utterly silly to have to come to pottermore. i hate gimmicks, well mostly.

Message 29 of 99 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
568 posts

May 29, 2013

i still cant link my pottermore account so i cant go to the common room. still says problem linking my account, yet i have since cleared cache and i never entered my account in the first place

Message 30 of 99 (293 Views)
0 Likes