Sackboy
269 posts

Re: How would you react if HOME stayed offline?

Dec 4, 2012

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

"IF" Home is not on the PS4 then Home will start to die!  When more and more people update there PS3's for there PS4 less and less people will use Home.

I tend to agree with Jo and others here who are of the opinion that HOME will be (in some iteration) on the PS4. But, if HOME is not on the PS4 I would still keep my PS3 lit up just for HOME even if it was the only thing I needed it for...

The community would shrink, there would be less Devs, and lounges would wither, unsupported... it might return to what it once was when it was in its first 2 years... the remaining users would have a much more influential voice with the Devs that remained... and who knows, maybe with a reduced population there would be more "community" in the community and less trolling and shenanigans in-world...?

Message 21 of 95 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4703 posts

Dec 4, 2012
I'll believe it when I see a link. No need to be posting it as a fact then trying to cover it up with saying plans change.
Message 22 of 95 (206 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 4, 2012

Scoop1942 wrote:
I tend to agree with Jo and others here who are of the opinion that HOME will be (in some iteration) on the PS4. But, if HOME is not on the PS4 I would still keep my PS3 lit up just for HOME even if it was the only thing I needed it for...

The community would shrink, there would be less Devs, and lounges would wither, unsupported... it might return to what it once was when it was in its first 2 years... the remaining users would have a much more influential voice with the Devs that remained... and who knows, maybe with a reduced population there would be more "community" in the community and less trolling and shenanigans in-world...?

If Home is not on the PS4 I would suspect it would be more of an issue of coding incompatibility or backwards compatibility with the software/hardware engine. Hard to say what may happen actually. That's not to say they won't develop a new Home engine to start it over again. 

I'm sure if it isn't on the PS4 there will be a lot of unhappy and in some cases very angry people especially those who spent lots of money on the service. How long they would continue the service is debatable.

I know someone who used to play an online Lord of the Rings CCG game which they actually spent quite a bit of money on. The game was bought out by Sony Online and they decided to not renew it or support it. Sony did keep the servers running for 3 years before the lights went out so to speak.

If one has to worry about what can be they'll never enjoy the present. 

Message 23 of 95 (203 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Dec 4, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:
So you don't have a link. In other words Sony never said that. Got it. 

Joanna_Dark, Sony said this on TV for one.   Also what are you looking for?  Do you really think Sony is dumb enoth to make it into a big announcement?  We would just have an army of dumb people saying that Home will not be on the PS4.

Tell you what can you give me a link saying that the PS4 will have Home?  I'll ask you the same thing that you're asking me...  If you can't that just show's that I'm right and Sony has NO PLANS (yet) to put Home on the PS4.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 24 of 95 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Dec 4, 2012

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Joanna_Dark, Sony said this on TV for one.   Also what are you looking for?  Do you really think Sony is dumb enoth to make it into a big announcement?  We would just have an army of dumb people saying that Home will not be on the PS4.

Tell you what can you give me a link saying that the PS4 will have Home?  I'll ask you the same thing that you're asking me...  If you can't that just show's that I'm right and Sony has NO PLANS (yet) to put Home on the PS4.

You stated it as a fact that is won't be on the PS4. I didn't state any facts. We are here discussing the possiblity. People can read what I've written. Your the one making unsupported claims. That's evident and those here reading what you wrote are entitled to a link which you obviously can't produce. 

Message 25 of 95 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4703 posts

Dec 4, 2012
On TV? Maybe you can find it on YouTube for us.
Message 26 of 95 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 4, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:
You stated it as a fact that is won't be on the PS4. I didn't state any facts. We are here discussing the possiblity. People can read what I've written. Your the one making unsupported claims. That's evident and those here reading what you wrote are entitled to a link which you obviously can't produce. 

Joanna_Dark I'm trying to be as nice as I can about this.  But you're just making up lie's.

What facts?  When I said Sony has no plan's as of E3 last year or two year's ago that it is fact.  But can plans be chaged?  Yes, as of right now Sony has no plans to put Home in the PS4. 

Do you remember when ILLUMIN-X said Home won't be in the PS4? 

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/Leaked-PS4-information/td-p/37235668/highlig...

GAPHome

General

Message 27 of 95 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Dec 4, 2012

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

I want to see this link too  King. You said "Sony has already said there are no plans to have Home on the PS4." Where did you hear this? (voices in your head DO NOT count). You have also stated that there was no item limit for personal spaces in Home's closed beta (there was for me) and that there is no invisible suit (yes there is). You are doing others a great disservice when you provide false information such as this. Please either retract the statement or provide proof. Do not attempt to argue over semantics.

Message 28 of 95 (152 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4703 posts

Dec 4, 2012
Now we're citing "leaked" rumors with the OP even saying "if this is true".... it must be!
Message 29 of 95 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Dec 4, 2012

Thew902 wrote:
On TV? Maybe you can find it on YouTube for us.

I would love to but do you know how many E3 videos are made every year?  It was last year or the year before I don't have the time to look at every video just to show everyone that Home may or may not be in Home with the new PS4's.

Sony has no plans in other words they might not thing about putting in Home right now but by next year things may chage.  It means next to nothing. 

http://www.hsmagazine.net/2012/08/what-if-home-ends-with-the-ps3/

What if the world end's on Dec 21?  lol.  That we can do that or chaging Sony's mind one way or the other so it's pointless to think alot about it.

GAPHome

General

Message 30 of 95 (144 Views)
0 Likes