Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/20/2008
Offline
8666 posts
 

Re: How would you react if HOME stayed offline?

Dec 4, 2012

Scoop1942 wrote:

What would you do if HOME just didn't come back online after going offline for the next update?

 

Would you be angry? Would you be sad... even Devastated? ...Secretly relieved?

 

Would you find solace in some other Virtual Life? ...or is HOME the only one for you?

 

Would you continue to use a forum elsewhere to maintain the friendships (and rivalries) you've built?

 

Do you think there would be a great reunion in some other Virtual World of many here?

 

This is something I ponder when I want to log on after work and can't... Smiley Indifferent

 

I think I'd be frustrated that it was gone, and maybe feel a sense of loss; but not angry at anyone, and certainly not devastated. After some time I might even feel relieved... I don't know about that one. But the friendships I am forging would be a loss to me... I want to believe I would look for many of you elsewhere...? Smiley Happy


It would be no big deal.  The way Home is being run right now I don't see it being around for much longer anyways.  Sony has already said there are no plans to have Home on the PS4.

 

***********************************
Folding@home Team #118000
***********************************
GAPHome

             

               General

Message 11 of 95 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 06/10/2007
Offline
664 posts
 

Re: How would you react if HOME stayed offline?

Dec 4, 2012

It wouldn't affect me at all. I recently left another community that I'd poured a hefty amount of money into (significantly more than I have for PS Home in the last 4 years), and I was part of that community for 11 years. So if PS Home closed, I wouldn't really mind it. I mainly use PS Home to take pictures as inspiration for design styles. Aurora has really helped with that ^_^

Message 12 of 95 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
Registered: 05/22/2009
Offline
29271 posts
 

Re: How would you react if HOME stayed offline?

[ Edited ]
Dec 4, 2012

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

It would be no big deal.  The way Home is being run right now I don't see it being around for much longer anyways.  Sony has already said there are no plans to have Home on the PS4.

 


Can you kindly provide a link to support that statement please. Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 95 (243 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/25/2009
Offline
4688 posts
 

Re: How would you react if HOME stayed offline?

Dec 4, 2012
You know, it would be a bad idea for Sony to disclose their plans to discontinue Home on Ps4 already. Maybe we should all stop investing in it now with that news. Oh wait, this is news to me. Can you point me in the right direction to where Sony stated they were discontinuing Home?
Message 14 of 95 (241 Views)
Shinra Executive
Registered: 05/22/2009
Offline
29271 posts
 

Re: How would you react if HOME stayed offline?

Dec 4, 2012

Thew902 wrote:
You know, it would be a bad idea for Sony to disclose their plans to discontinue Home on Ps4 already. Maybe we should all stop investing in it now with that news. Oh wait, this is news to me. Can you point me in the right direction to where Sony stated they were discontinuing Home?

They haven't. If they did it would be all over the net. Whether or not Home is on the PS4 is anyone guess at the moment. I personally think Home is making too much money for it not to be.

Message 15 of 95 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/25/2009
Offline
4688 posts
 

Re: How would you react if HOME stayed offline?

Dec 4, 2012
That's what I thought. I still would like to see where some people saw it though, considering they stated it as if it was a fact.
Message 16 of 95 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/20/2008
Offline
8666 posts
 

Re: How would you react if HOME stayed offline?

Dec 4, 2012

Guy's please read my post's.  I didn't say Home will not be on the PS4 what I did say was Sony has no plans to put Home on the PS4.  Things chage every day and at E3 last year or the year before that's what Sony said.  If you look on this BBS you might see other people talking about the same thing.

 

My point was...  "IF" Home is not on the PS4 then Home will start to die!  When more and more people update there PS3's for there PS4 less and less people will use Home.

***********************************
Folding@home Team #118000
***********************************
GAPHome

             

               General

Message 17 of 95 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
Registered: 05/22/2009
Offline
29271 posts
 

Re: How would you react if HOME stayed offline?

[ Edited ]
Dec 4, 2012

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

Guy's please read my post's.  I didn't say Home will not be on the PS4 what I did say was Sony has no plans to put Home on the PS4.  Things chage every day and at E3 last year or the year before that's what Sony said.  If you look on this BBS you might see other people talking about the same thing.

 

My point was...  "IF" Home is not on the PS4 then Home will start to die!  When more and more people update there PS3's for there PS4 less and less people will use Home.


You said this. Kindly support that statement with a link.

 

Sony has already said there are no plans to have Home on the PS4.

 

Message 18 of 95 (211 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/20/2008
Offline
8666 posts
 

Re: How would you react if HOME stayed offline?

[ Edited ]
Dec 4, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:
You said this. Kindly support that statement with a link.

 

Sony has already said there are no plans to have Home on the PS4.

 


So you don't understand the definition of "plans"?

 

Plan:

A plan is typically any diagram or list of steps with timing and resources, used to achieve an objective. See also strategy. It is commonly understood as a temporal set of intended actions through which one expects to achieve a goal. For spatial or planar topologic or topographic sets see map.

 

In other terms nothing is set in Stone.

 

As for a link why would there be a link?  When Home is definitely not going to be on the PS4 there will be a link.

***********************************
Folding@home Team #118000
***********************************
GAPHome

             

               General

Message 19 of 95 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
Registered: 05/22/2009
Offline
29271 posts
 

Re: How would you react if HOME stayed offline?

[ Edited ]
Dec 4, 2012

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:
You said this. Kindly support that statement with a link.

 

Sony has already said there are no plans to have Home on the PS4.

 


So you don't understand the definition of "plans"?

 

**snip**

 

In other terms nothing is set in Stone.


So you don't have a link. In other words Sony never said that. Got it. 

Message 20 of 95 (189 Views)