Hekseville Citizen
243 posts

Re: How would you react if HOME stayed offline?

Dec 5, 2012

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

Let_lt_Bleed wrote:
C'mon kingofhearts2007, Mya is extending the olive branch and you're throwing it right back in her face. Play nice my friend, play nice.

That's fine, I think I was polite in my answer.  But I don't want her definition of a friend.  The funny part is my real 0ff-line friends are not afaid to tell me how things really are (I ask for it).  They might defend me in public but then once we are alone they are not afraid to tell me how things really are.

Isn't that how this whole thing started?

Message 91 of 95 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2734 posts

Dec 5, 2012

Depending on how the closure was handled, I might be angry or sad. Having said that, I guess I'd find something else to do online or use YouTube more, write songs, play disc video games or online virtual worlds the latter which I never have except for Home.

While not trying to start a rumour, I might decide to quit Home along with others before SONY drops Home if indeed they do drop Home.

You know what? I jest realized I don't have a clue. So what's new? Smiley Wink

In memory of Jody Westover and all those who fight or have fought cancer

Message 92 of 95 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4834 posts

Dec 17, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

I think I'd really be a lot more upset actually if the Forum went offline and wasn't on the PS4. Where else can you get entertainment like this for FREE. It's certainly not 19.99. 

And to think that I almost missed this thread.   Smiley Surprised

BTW, I do know for a fact that all PS4's will come with a Home Startup disc. A new Home, built from the ground up. But, please don't ask me for proof or a link because I don't have those.   Smiley Wink

Message 93 of 95 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4834 posts

Dec 17, 2012

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

myalana wrote:

Hacker, one who hacks. read my previous post for the definition of hack. How does this not fit the description of someone using a jailbroken PS3? Is this not gaining unauthorized acess to data on a system? Did you get your information from Wikipedia by any chance? You have to watch out there you know.

It's not Jailbroken it's Jailbreaking.

I'm not trying to be rude here but do you know what jailbrakeing is?  I'm not going to explain how it's done but for the most part you're using a scrip or code (that someone else made) that oppen's up you're PS3.  Now, if you make you're own code to get this done then yes you are a Hacker and you know what you're doing.  But the truth is not to many people do this they use code's that other people make and that make's them script kiddies not the same as Hackers.  The definition/link's I gave show they are not the same.

Also to answer the other part of you're question please go back and re-read my last post "script kiddies" can also gain unauthorized acess to systems.  What's the difference?  Hacker's know what they are doing...  Where Script Kiddies only know what the directions the Hacker left for them to use there script's or programs.

It's like given you a program (that a hacker made) that hacks into a system for you where a true Hacker can hack the same system with no program.

Get it?

Also on a side note...  "Hacker, one who hacks" usually refers to someone who uses an ax or other object like a golf club.

^^^   This is true.   I hacked MY PS3 with a nine iron.   Smiley Happy

Message 94 of 95 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5706 posts

Dec 17, 2012

Scoop1942 wrote:

What would you do if HOME just didn't come back online after going offline for the next update?

Would you be angry? Would you be sad... even Devastated? ...Secretly relieved?

Would you find solace in some other Virtual Life? ...or is HOME the only one for you?

Would you continue to use a forum elsewhere to maintain the friendships (and rivalries) you've built?

Do you think there would be a great reunion in some other Virtual World of many here?

This is something I ponder when I want to log on after work and can't... Smiley Indifferent

I think I'd be frustrated that it was gone, and maybe feel a sense of loss; but not angry at anyone, and certainly not devastated. After some time I might even feel relieved... I don't know about that one. But the friendships I am forging would be a loss to me... I want to believe I would look for many of you elsewhere...? Smiley Happy

i'd probaly go back to animal crossing and increase angry phone calls to foster

images.jpg

Message 95 of 95 (52 Views)
0 Likes