Uncharted Territory
1473 posts

Re: How to handle the bad elements on Home and their stupidity....

Aug 11, 2010

HearItWow wrote:

The "gangs" and "mafias" are a different story. If people want to roleplay, that's fine, but keep it within your own groups, please. I think there should be penalties for groups whose members continually harass others. I'm fairly sure Sony has the power to shut down clubs, and there should be a magic number for reports that automatically triggers the club ban. That would send a pretty powerful message to the members that their behavior will not be tolerated.

I do want to say that I don't advocate confrontation with griefers and harassers. My preferred tactic when I see abuse is to walk up to the abuser and say, "What are you doing?" which usually generates the "None of your business" response, or some asterisk-enhanced variants. At that point, I'll say, "I'm making it my business, and I'll report you if this doesn't stop."

I've only filed a handful of reports. Just knowing that someone is watching stops most griefers and harassers.

For those who are uncomfortable talking to harassers or saying something, try this: Go stand next to the griefer. Encourage others to do the same. Nothing annoys a griefer more than a crowd staring at him or her and saying nothing.

You also have to remember that not everyone wants to use playstation home like you,  Reports are pointless, There isn't someone sitting at the servers actually looking at them and if there were then the psn complaint forms would do something to.  If they shut down a club for being reported a certain amount of times then people will have their own club reporting other clubs. The way you see the home is not the way everyone sees home,  People that harass you get annoying but just walk away.

Message 51 of 58 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1620 posts

Aug 11, 2010

Well only if thery dance in ur face and wont stop even if u ask them too....Dancing is not a crime but if they do it in ur face and close to your avatar then yes. i would say that is due for a report. You can also try to move away and see if they follow and still dance in your face.Then i would file a report.

To live in the 50's is to not dream of the future. To live in the future is to dream of the 50's. To acknowledge change is to invite it into your life. To live with simplicity is to enjoy the easy things in life...You decide your lifestyle. Smiley Happy
Message 52 of 58 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
131 posts

Aug 11, 2010

tuner12345 wrote:

Hey bigdaddy, the best thing said in all of these threads is a quote by you.  You stated the following, "Cause I know if they were in my face in real life doing these things they would get knocked in the mouth."  Unfortunately, we can't do that.

Sorry everyone.  Bigdaddy's quote is so great I had to repeat it!

"Sempher Fi Dad and all the other Marines in Afganistan"
Message 53 of 58 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
234 posts

Aug 11, 2010

ChrisI-I wrote:

HearItWow wrote:

The "gangs" and "mafias" are a different story. If people want to roleplay, that's fine, but keep it within your own groups, please. I think there should be penalties for groups whose members continually harass others. I'm fairly sure Sony has the power to shut down clubs, and there should be a magic number for reports that automatically triggers the club ban. That would send a pretty powerful message to the members that their behavior will not be tolerated.

I do want to say that I don't advocate confrontation with griefers and harassers. My preferred tactic when I see abuse is to walk up to the abuser and say, "What are you doing?" which usually generates the "None of your business" response, or some asterisk-enhanced variants. At that point, I'll say, "I'm making it my business, and I'll report you if this doesn't stop."

I've only filed a handful of reports. Just knowing that someone is watching stops most griefers and harassers.

For those who are uncomfortable talking to harassers or saying something, try this: Go stand next to the griefer. Encourage others to do the same. Nothing annoys a griefer more than a crowd staring at him or her and saying nothing.

You also have to remember that not everyone wants to use playstation home like you,  Reports are pointless, There isn't someone sitting at the servers actually looking at them and if there were then the psn complaint forms would do something to.  If they shut down a club for being reported a certain amount of times then people will have their own club reporting other clubs. The way you see the home is not the way everyone sees home,  People that harass you get annoying but just walk away.

Reports are not pointless.  I know that for a fact.  

Message 54 of 58 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1620 posts

Aug 11, 2010

Izcer2 wrote:

ChrisI-I wrote:

HearItWow wrote:

Reports are not pointless.  I know that for a fact.  

I dont find them pointless at all guys. I been reporting quite alot and i seen the avatars go poof right in front of me. I love the fact they go poof like that. It does work guys so never doubt that they dont work. The big thing is guys dont let the bullies make you believe they dont work allright.......Always believe in the system no matter what guys...

To live in the 50's is to not dream of the future. To live in the future is to dream of the 50's. To acknowledge change is to invite it into your life. To live with simplicity is to enjoy the easy things in life...You decide your lifestyle. Smiley Happy
Message 55 of 58 (16 Views)
Splicer
78 posts

Aug 11, 2010

--------------

Just like to interject here, I don't mind how other people use home, dance all day ontop of the bench? Fine. Wear Dj gear and dance by the turn tables in playground? Awesome. Wear a gigantic frog suit and crouch in the mall waterfall going "niiiiiiibit" every sixty seconds? Sign me up of frogy diety. BUT in so long as it doesn't require creulty agianst others or harrassment to have fun. Then it is wrong. No matter what the excuse or reason.

And reports do work. Oh yes, they do my friend. Because most people don't see them work instantly, or because thoes already banned can make another account and come back, they go about spreading the rumor that SONY does nothing, nothing will happen, and it doesn't work. THAT is their greatest defense, making YOU believe YOU are helpless. Well you are NOT. Reports DO work. Just not instantly. They are catalogued and someone IS sitting there checking them. So by all means, spread the word, earn enough reports and you'll get your ps3 bricked. That's right all that downloaded content, codes, and hours? gone. That can easily be $300 worth lost just because someone wanted to stroke their ego on a game. But hey. by all means. Go ahead and tell the fools in their folly they are invincible. I'll just keep right on reporting them for their actions ...and one day that beuatiful socializing device will be a beautiful paperweight.

You aren't helpless, you aren't alone. This is HOME, we are a community. If you need help, ask for it. Report. Block. The bans will come, as will the bands of friends. We are on here for you.

Message 56 of 58 (16 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Aug 11, 2010

ChrisI-I wrote:

HearItWow wrote:

You're right, but I think if you polled the female Home users, you'd find that the great majority of them don't enjoy harassment. And nobody likes a griefer.

And, sorry, but your "just walk away" solution is part of the reason we have these problems. Harassers should not be tolerated by anyone. That's not what Home was built for.

You sound as if you're defending this behavior. I hope that's not the case, and that you wouldn't treat people in real life with the same lack of respect that most griefers and harassers show.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 57 of 58 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1620 posts

Aug 12, 2010

Wooow MangatManX and HearWow.You guys surely stepped up and shared your wisdom and knowledge and let everyone know that you are safe and you got a whole communitu backing you up,  if anything bad was to happen to a person. Now that is what i like to see and read guys. Keep it up and i will soon write something new to my post and i will let everyone know when its ready and posted. So keep checking back guys.

Message 58 of 58 (16 Views)
0 Likes