Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

Re: How on earth do you use the new LMO's by AR?

Apr 2, 2014

Mermaid-KT wrote:
Passionate kisses or similar won't effect me as I'm not interested in buying them, I don't go on Home for that, but hugs, interactive dances, and whatever else interactive LMOs may offer in the future I may buy depending on what they are.

I would still rather there be a decline option, but if it's as simple as moving the controller then that should be okay.

Just to be clear, I have no issues anyone inspect purchasing anything off of me, and I wouldn't ever try to stop anyone from doing so. Personally I take it as a compliment if anyone does Smiley Happy

I hope you didn't think I was implying you took any offense to being inspected, I was just using that as another example where individually we have options that do not require a built-in "decline" option in order to keep someone from doings something we don't like, for what ever our reasons are.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 11 of 17 (180 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 2, 2014

Mermaid-KT wrote:
I would still rather there be a decline option, the way Acorn Park does them is simple, unobtrusive and effective
, but if it's as simple as moving the controller then that should be okay.

It's important to distinguish between an active item (Acorn Park activities like riding the bike and boats with someone else) and LMOs/portables.  Active items allow for programming in lots of options, portables do not. So I'm fairly confident no portable item will ever have an option for inviting or declining a specific person.

There was some chatter last year that Juggernaught was working on active items for use in personal spaces and built-in to public spaces (like what VeeMee did with Acorn Park) that would involve the interaction of multiple users, like a ballroom dancing active item, and in that case, they could include a specific invitation and decline option.  Sadly, it appears they have suspended that and other projects in development for Home.

That said, I would still suggest that simply adjusting the left stick is an easier and quicker method of declining someone than responding to a pop up accept/decline message.

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 12 of 17 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

Apr 2, 2014

nDreams_Joey wrote:

FaLsEhOoD227 wrote:
I remember ndreams joey stating that their interactive Lmos actually have a decline option for the OWNER of that LMO. I guess AR didn't follow up in having that same option. I have not bought these ones.... if yet so i'm not sure

Ah, I did not state that :-)

You equipping it is effectivley you agreeing that anyone can then come and select that option for you. If someone you don't know, or don't want to participate in the animation with does come up to you, just move away using the left stick and you move out of the animation / pose.

I have not tried it myself, but I suspect by also just using any of the R1 poses it will prevent someone from 'joining' you, as that is also a way to temoprarily deactivate any LMO you are using without manually turning it off.

"Like it never happened"

Message 13 of 17 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Apr 2, 2014

I cant wait to go around Home shaking everyone's hand and saying "How do you do?"  Smiley Very Happy

Message 14 of 17 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
86 posts

Apr 2, 2014

Simple if you don't want a hug don't use that LMO

Message 15 of 17 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
892 posts

Apr 2, 2014

Are these available in na yet??

nelsig
Message 16 of 17 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
3699 posts

Apr 2, 2014

Just a tip:

With these items, it clearly says above your avatar that others can interact with you. If others bother you by trying to interact with you when you have one of the Avatar Interaction items equipped, click X on them and click 'ignore'. Next time they try to interact with you again, they will receive a "Could not join interaction at this time" alert.

nelsonshawn - Atom Republic's Avatar Interactions are available for NA today, yes.

Message 17 of 17 (115 Views)