Apr 02 2014
By: Soulycon Fender Bender 2356 posts

How on earth do you use the new LMO's by AR?

16 replies 465 views Edited Apr 2, 2014

A friend and I can't seem to figure out what to do.

Like how to interact.  Do we need to have both LMO's in order for it to work?

Twitter: Soulycon
PSN: Soulycon
YouTube: Ashatote
Gaia Online: Buttsexy
Message 1 of 17 (465 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3279 posts

Re: How on earth do you use the new LMO's by AR?

Apr 2, 2014

One of you puts the LMO on, the other selects your name prompt just like one would when they go to inspect someone and the top option should be whatever emote you have activated.

photo rsz_pshomeless1_zpst3ouqfpg.png
Message 2 of 17 (452 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1043 posts

Apr 2, 2014
I have been trying also
[Edited}
Message 3 of 17 (451 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
460 posts

Apr 2, 2014
If you are referring to the interactive limos I saw in eu last week the person with the limo selects which one they want persons responding select the name of the Ava then oblige or refuse the request both don't need to have the limo
Message 4 of 17 (449 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2781 posts

Apr 2, 2014

One of my friends has one, and when they activated it it said "press x to give me a hug" or whatever it was that they chose. When I clicked on their name it was the one of the options to be able to hug him.

What I didnt like though was that when I pressed x I hugged him and he didnt have the option to accept or decline. If I'm the one thats activated an interactive LMO ready in public I would like the option to decline if a stranger was to try to jump in. This is quite important to me and will probably be the difference to me buying any interactive LMOs or not, so I hope in future they do come with the option to decline.

Message 5 of 17 (429 Views)
Sackboy
306 posts

Apr 2, 2014
I remember ndreams joey stating that their interactive Lmos actually have a decline option for the OWNER of that LMO. I guess AR didn't follow up in having that same option. I have not bought these ones.... if yet so i'm not sure
Message 6 of 17 (393 Views)
0 Likes
nDreams Developer
514 posts

Apr 2, 2014

FaLsEhOoD227 wrote:
I remember ndreams joey stating that their interactive Lmos actually have a decline option for the OWNER of that LMO. I guess AR didn't follow up in having that same option. I have not bought these ones.... if yet so i'm not sure

Ah, I did not state that :-)

You equipping it is effectivley you agreeing that anyone can then come and select that option for you. If someone you don't know, or don't want to participate in the animation with does come up to you, just move away using the left stick and you move out of the animation / pose.

Joey

nDreams Digital Product Manager

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ndreamers
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/joeydale13
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ndreamers
Message 7 of 17 (387 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4541 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 2, 2014

Mermaid-KT wrote:

One of my friends has one, and when they activated it it said "press x to give me a hug" or whatever it was that they chose. When I clicked on their name it was the one of the options to be able to hug him.

What I didnt like though was that when I pressed x I hugged him and he didnt have the option to accept or decline. If I'm the one thats activated an interactive LMO ready in public I would like the option to decline if a stranger was to try to jump in. This is quite important to me and will probably be the difference to me buying any interactive LMOs or not, so I hope in future they do come with the option to decline.

The decline option is to simply move your avatar - it will automatically cancel the animation, which is frankly easier than having to interact with a pop up message each time.

This is also true for Player Inspect.  If someone is truly put off by someone inspecting them to find out what they are wearing/using (although that seems rather petty to be put off by) all they have to do is move their avatar away from the person inspeting them before the data is collected, which takes a few seconds.  

Again, I don't see the harm and only see a benefit to allowing people to inspect each other - definitely has saved me time not having to get asked and answer the common question "can you tell me what that item/LMO you are using is and where to get it?"  Instead I get "Can I inspect you?" which is certainly polite of them to ask, but I usually always say, of course, and next time you don't even have to ask.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 8 of 17 (356 Views)
Survivor
1350 posts

Apr 2, 2014

press the square button when you first activate Atom Republic's 2-person LMO. That will give you a list to choose from, then your friend slects 'X' on you to choose the available action. To change the LMO action type, simply press square again as the owner of the 2-person LMO.

I wouldn't run away from anybody trying to give my avatar a hug, better to have a happier Home than not. But something more than that or air-kisses, i just wouldn't activate in public.

Your_Empress x7 flirt leader worldwide final and forever photo Your_Empress x7 forever final_zpssgnzebgr.jpg
Message 9 of 17 (340 Views)
Fender Bender
2781 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 2, 2014

Passionate kisses or similar won't effect me as I'm not interested in buying them, I don't go on Home for that, but hugs, interactive dances, and whatever else interactive LMOs may offer in the future I may buy depending on what they are.

I would still rather there be a decline option, the way Acorn Park does them is simple, unobtrusive and effective, but if it's as simple as moving the controller then that should be okay.

Just to be clear, I have no issues anyone inspect purchasing anything off of me, and I wouldn't ever try to stop anyone from doing so. Personally I take it as a compliment if anyone does Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 17 (313 Views)
0 Likes