Treasure Hunter
4991 posts

Re: How much are you willing to spend to decorate your HOME?

Mar 9, 2007
I wonder if Sony plans on releasing a global PlayStation store then? Because will certain users be limited to which content they can buy from the store based on their region?

Come on Sony, Global PlayStation Store FTW. Let's have it! Stop with these region stores. Because you know that the Japanese store is going to get the latest virtual technology first which will lead to much frothing at the mouth from disgruntled NA users.

EDIT: Oh and staying on topic, I'll spend a bit, just for the fun of it in the beginning. See if the novelty quickly wears off or not before deciding if more money goes into it.

Message Edited by Gavi on 03-09-2007 08:34 AM
PSN: Gavi
Feel free to add me to your friends list.

Games Owned: Metal Gear Solid 4, Resistance 2, LittleBigPlanet, Singstar, Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds, GTA IV, Uncharted, Resistance, Warhawk, , Call of Duty 4, Folklore, Oblivion, Assassin's Creed, Ratchet &; Clank, Lair, Heavenly Sword, Eye of Judgment.

PSN Games: Super Stardust HD, Pain, Wipeout HD, Flow, High Velocity Bowling, Calling All Cars, Lemmings, High Stakes Poker, Aquatopia, Lumines Supernova.
Message 31 of 119 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
64 posts

Mar 9, 2007
You people who would consider buying furniture and whatever crap else they would sell to put into a fake NOT real life virtual house is scary. Instead of sony making you crazies actually buy fake stuff they should make a point system in games where you play and accumulate points to buy you fake stuff to put in your virtual house. That would be the way to go. Pleases people stop be crazy, its not a real house LOL.
Message 32 of 119 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
939 posts

Mar 9, 2007
I may very weel be wrong but i would be willing to bet that you get free basic stuff to start out with and then you will be able to buy packages. I also have a feeling that the packages will be based around allot of the more popular PS3 games.

For instance

-The metal gear Clothing Package. Offfering Outfits seen in or inspired by the game.
-The Madden Furniture Package a total football fans dream Pad right out of NFL Shopzone.
-The Star Wars Package wanna make your character look like a Stormtrooper

Anyway you get the point. Probably each package will cost 5 or 10 bucks
Leader of the Star Wars Alliance Gaming Clan
Star Wars Battlefront 1 & 2 Legend
PSN JM_Obi-Wan
http://www.swaclansite.com
Message 33 of 119 (2 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1161 posts

Mar 9, 2007
I won't spend much on it, besides Phil said a lot of it will come from games
or free downloadable content. But if something catches my eye enough, I will pay for it though
depending on what it is.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 34 of 119 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
46 posts

Mar 9, 2007
They should put somthing like virtual EBAY so you can resell things that you dont want anymore and get atleast half your money back...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that can resist stupid fads, copy and paste this into your sig.
Message 35 of 119 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4991 posts

Mar 9, 2007

p4rt1m3_pl4y4 wrote:
They should put somthing like virtual EBAY so you can resell things that you dont want anymore and get atleast half your money back...

Good idea, there should be a shop for second hand goods on Home. We may need a suggestion/ideas thread for Home.
PSN: Gavi
Feel free to add me to your friends list.

Games Owned: Metal Gear Solid 4, Resistance 2, LittleBigPlanet, Singstar, Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds, GTA IV, Uncharted, Resistance, Warhawk, , Call of Duty 4, Folklore, Oblivion, Assassin's Creed, Ratchet &; Clank, Lair, Heavenly Sword, Eye of Judgment.

PSN Games: Super Stardust HD, Pain, Wipeout HD, Flow, High Velocity Bowling, Calling All Cars, Lemmings, High Stakes Poker, Aquatopia, Lumines Supernova.
Message 36 of 119 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

Mar 9, 2007
It all depends on what we will have to pay for and what we can get for free, but i wont spend anymore then 15$ maybe wont even have to spend any one can wish...
Message 37 of 119 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
201 posts

Mar 9, 2007
I'm going to have to say around $60, because thats about the price of games and i'll probably only be getting things for HOME from those. They did say that thing will be unlocked when you buy games, like the Heavenly sword t-shirt they showed on the video.
So yeah about $60.
Message 38 of 119 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
134 posts

Mar 9, 2007
lol...thats just silly to spend money on virtual stuff...its just rediculous unless its virtual money also...........
HELLO...........Will you be my friend?
Message 39 of 119 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4121 posts

Mar 9, 2007
Maybe as in 0-$20, i'm not really that much in the actually house. Its not like that you just abandon your own life and start living in Sony's future HOME project. And putting all your money into this virtual world and you have your own life and house to live.... I mean its a very awesome project and unbelievebale, but I don't think people need to spend money on a virtual world just like real life.

Its not like you just die(not literally) or like the matrix and you just live in HOME. It probably should be free considering what I just said, but maybe though have some expenses. I'm really into the exploring part and see how big it really is and test it out. I can't just say now I'll spend over thousands of dollar on HOME, just because everyone says its awesome. I just don't really think people should spend most of their time decorating this virtual HOME.

To me it just looks more like fun. I mean reallyy would you like to spend tons of hours decorating a virtual house and losing real money? I'd think it'll be best to earn that. I mean why would you just take it soo seriously that you just start living it like the matrix and thats all you do? And just abandon your own life.
Message 40 of 119 (2 Views)
0 Likes