Fender Bender
2651 posts

Re: How many of you actually care for the World Cup

Jun 12, 2014

rjr27nh222 wrote:

I don't like the sport and a lot of americans don't either, I bet you don't as well.  And, I'm sure you don't understand the sport as well.   So what if I never played or attended a game.  Never said I was "an authority on the rulebook."  I just know that soccer has like over 200 rules and people don't understand it all.

Once again, you're only proving your supreme ignorance...on so many levels. Laughably so, actually.

I will agree with you on one point. Some people don't understand soccer. Your own posts irrefutably prove that point. I shall not bother to debate you any further.

castle3
Message 51 of 71 (394 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jun 12, 2014

FEVA was the most popular event in Home history. It surpased all other events by a margin of 3 to 1. To say it's wasn't popular makes you simply misinformed.

PS: See I can make unsubstantiated references too. After all who needs a link or actual data when you have an opinion. 

Message 52 of 71 (390 Views)
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Jun 12, 2014

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:

rjr27nh222 wrote:

I don't like the sport and a lot of americans don't either, I bet you don't as well.  And, I'm sure you don't understand the sport as well.   So what if I never played or attended a game.  Never said I was "an authority on the rulebook."  I just know that soccer has like over 200 rules and people don't understand it all.

Once again, you're only proving your supreme ignorance...on so many levels. Laughably so, actually.

I will agree with you on one point. Some people don't understand soccer. Your own posts irrefutably prove that point. I shall not bother to debate you any further.

where is my ignorance, please explain?  I bet, you won't watch one single game and won't even show your support but can insult and make fun of me.  Where I was just trying to explain.  My nephew who is 9, doesn't care for the sport.  He's playing baseball right now and may pick it up later, but doubt it  and he's active but he doesn't like it.  It's not  ignorance, some Americans don't like the sport!   Ignorance is on you!    

I wish after this event.   Home people could show the numbers on their sales for the World Cup, but I know they won't .

Message 53 of 71 (386 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Jun 12, 2014

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

FEVA was the most popular event in Home history. It surpased all other events by a margin of 3 to 1. To say it's wasn't popular makes you simply misinformed.

PS: See I can make unsubstantiated references too. After all who needs a link or actual data when you have an opinion. 

yeah, because nothing else was going on and they haven't had events for along time.  When FEVA came out, of course it blew everything away, because events on Home were dead up until that point, what I re call.  

I never said "it wasn't popular"  I just saying it was only popular because of the goal game.  You mis read.  

Message 54 of 71 (383 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2651 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 12, 2014

rjr27nh222 wrote:

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:

rjr27nh222 wrote:

where is my ignorance, please explain?  I bet, you won't watch one single game and won't even show your support but can insult and make fun of me.  Where I was just trying to explain.  My nephew who is 9, doesn't care for the sport.  He's playing baseball right now and may pick it up later, but doubt it  and he's active but he doesn't like it.  It's not  ignorance, some Americans don't like the sport!   Ignorance is on you!    

I wish after this event.   Home people could show the numbers on their sales for the World Cup, but I know they won't .

OK, since you asked...

I've played soccer, coached soccer, officiated soccer, trained soccer players and watch soccer practically every weekend either live or on television.

I follow English Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup, UEFA Champions League, the European Championship and hope to view as much of the World Cup as my schedule allows. My Arsenal FC jersey is hanging in the closet so that I can support the national team for the next few weeks.

And I'm not American.

Now it's your turn to regale us on your vast experience with the game that allows you to make generalisations about the "rule book". Perhaps your posts are just unfounded opinions based on a sample group of you, a few friends and your nephew. Cheers.

castle3
Message 55 of 71 (377 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Jun 12, 2014

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:

rjr27nh222 wrote:

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:

rjr27nh222 wrote:

OK, since you asked...

I've played soccer, coached soccer, officiated soccer, trained soccer players and watch soccer practically every weekend either live or on television.

I follow English Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup, UEFA Champions League and hope to view as much of the World Cup as my schedule allows. My Arsenal FC jersey is hanging in the closet so that I can support the national team for the next few weeks.

And I'm not American.

Now it's your turn to regale us on your vast experience with the game that allows you to make generalisations about the "rule book". Perhaps your posts are just unfounded opinions based on a sample group of you, a few friends and your nephew. Cheers.

Woohoo, good but you aren't an American and you care for the sport and doesn't mean you understand ALL the rules.  

I played hockey for along time and I sitll don't get them, and been to several  games, even baseball.    Does it make me an expert, no. Not even the basics at time, because when you watch on TV, you sometimes don't get the call and where they are coming from and sometimes they can't even explain it.    They have a lot as well.    

You should know, since you are around the sport, soccer has a lot of rules.   Smiley Tongue    Just part of the reasons why Americans don't take an interest in the sport here.  I watch it, I know some rules but don't understand all.  Oh well.   

Message 56 of 71 (370 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jun 12, 2014

rjr27nh222 wrote:

They said it, not me..  I see very little support users on Home buying stuff for this event and no one is talking about it on Home.  So, does the numbers lie than, because they wrote it.  ?  

So you're saying, things that are not popular in PShome, is not popular in real life either?

I love sports, but use other channels/places to talk about it.

As i said earlier, go back to school.

Message 57 of 71 (365 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2651 posts

Jun 12, 2014
You're the one who claimed that I don't like the sport, don't understand the game, won't watch a single game and won't show my support.

I never claimed to be an expert but you're still clueless.

castle3
Message 58 of 71 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Jun 12, 2014

Exponerat wrote:

rjr27nh222 wrote:

They said it, not me..  I see very little support users on Home buying stuff for this event and no one is talking about it on Home.  So, does the numbers lie than, because they wrote it.  ?  

So you're saying, things that are not popular in PShome, is not popular in real life either?

I love sports, but use other channels/places to talk about it.

As i said earlier, go back to school.

You took that way out of text,    more like you need to go back to school.  We are only talking about soccer.  Just talking about N.A.  Lol 

Message 59 of 71 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Jun 12, 2014

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:
You're the one who claimed that I don't like the sport, don't understand the game, won't watch a single game and won't show my support.

I never claimed to be an expert but you're still clueless.

No, I was  just saying that in general and didn't know at the time you were a fan but enjoy.    You certainly sounded like you were, claiming how you coach soccer and all.  Yet, still have to add an insult without making a legit point. 

I don't see the support either on Home, especially the N.A.  Oh well.  because at least they could've brought back that game, instead of selling and promotions stuff.  Considering JD said it was the most popular event.  I would've like to have seen the space as well again.   

Message 60 of 71 (347 Views)
0 Likes