Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Re: How many of you actually care for the World Cup

Jun 12, 2014

HearItWow wrote:

rjr27nh222 wrote:

Exponerat wrote:

rjr27nh222 wrote:

I bet very little, even the devlopers won't even watch the event and the majority of us will just scoreboard watch it, just to see how our country is doing (N.A. isn't going to win the cup).    

N.A.  US Home users don't care about soccer,  nobody understands it.  It has over 200 rules. it's ridculous!  Sorry but I don't buy into the World Cup.  

(how come spell check isn't working?) 

You should not talk about things you don't know nothing about.

We all like different things,so it's totally okay if you don't like soccer, but to claim that no NA users care about soccer, which is a strong-growing sport in the US, both for men and women is ridiculous.

Just because you don't understand the rules, it is equally ridiculous to suggest that no one else understands them. And NBA, NHL, NFL and MLB has more rules than soccer. So pleace, back to school before you pronounce something again.

North America:  It's a sport we don't teach our childern, it becomes second to  football, hockey, baseball, and basketball, we learn first and soccer always second, that you pick up later on.  Just like Lacross.     How many of us here in N.A. have ever watch an enitre soccer game?  I love sports in general but never have in my lifetime and will never attend a soccer game. And most  people on here won't, it's boring!   

It's not just me, people from North America, don't understand all the rules and they are crazy, and too many of them.   Soccer is the worst when it comes to the rules.  

And, I'm just talking about Home for the most part.  Because what they have been trying to sell us on here.  I see very little support users not buying jersey's etc.  Believe me, they would rather have the NFL or NHL jerseys on here more than anything.    If any of us Home users are actually going to watch the event, instead of just scoreboard watching it and not really taking an interest in it all.   

I don't know where you live, but around here every kid plays soccer, and has been since the 1980s. I played soccer. Everyone I knew growing up played soccer. Most kids today play soccer before they play baseball, judging by all the toddler games in my town.

During the 2010 World Cup, the Internet in my office slowed to a crawl because everyone was watching the games online. Our bosses begged us to stop, so we just had it on at every other workstation. I also watched a U.S. match on a ferry, and almost everyone on board was watching as well.

If you don't like soccer, that's cool, but plenty of people do.

My nephew doesn't play it and is playing baseball.  I highly doubt he will ever pick the sport up.  It just doesn't come first.   Football  other sports do because you may see the little kids playing soccer but I bet they have another sport first before they picked up soccer.  

I don't like soccer but will scoreboard watch and see our team does N.A.  and may watch higlights.  

Message 31 of 71 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Jun 12, 2014

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

rjr27nh222 wrote:

North America:  It's a sport we don't teach our childern, it becomes second to  football, hockey, baseball, and basketball, 

You have to be kidding and perhaps you don't have kids but when I was growing up EVERYONE was on a soccer team. It's one of the most popular childrens sports. I would say it's more popular that football and hockey and we have lots of pro teams for those. 

Nope not for me, it was baseball for me. And, my second sport wasn't soccer and same for others while growing up.   Didn't even know what soccer was.  Even same thing for my nephew and he's 9.  He won't play it either.... 

Message 32 of 71 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
364 posts

Jun 12, 2014

rjr27nh222 wrote:

I bet very little, even the devlopers won't even watch the event and the majority of us will just scoreboard watch it, just to see how our country is doing (N.A. isn't going to win the cup).    

N.A.  US Home users don't care about soccer,  nobody understands it.  It has over 200 rules. it's ridculous!  Sorry but I don't buy into the World Cup.  

Association football, more commonly known as football or soccer,is a sport played between two teams of eleven players with a spherical ball. It is played by 250 million players in over 200 countries, making it the world's most popular sport.

source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_football

Message 33 of 71 (397 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Jun 12, 2014

SORROW-83 wrote:

rjr27nh222 wrote:

Association football, more commonly known as football or soccer,is a sport played between two teams of eleven players with a spherical ball. It is played by 250 million players in over 200 countries, making it the world's most popular sport.

Okay-how come their ratings are always low? 

Message 34 of 71 (392 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1232 posts

Jun 12, 2014

Soccers only popular because it takes little or no equipment to play....Especially in Third World Countries where all you need to play is an open patch of land and something to represent a ball....ball of twine,  a ball of plastic bags or a severed head.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 35 of 71 (386 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
364 posts

Jun 12, 2014

instead showing your total inculture, you should read over and over my link, peraphs the 24,5 millions NORTH AMERICAN who practice football (soccer,sry) don't care PSHome?

Message 36 of 71 (383 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Jun 12, 2014

rjr27nh222 wrote:

SORROW-83 wrote:

rjr27nh222 wrote:

Okay-how come their ratings are always low? 

Because, unlike NFL games, soccer games aren't  all on broadcast TV The majority are on cable.

Soccer fans are also more likely to watch the game with others than by themselves. Bars in Cambridge and Boston will be packed throughout the World Cup. During NFL season, most people are happy to watch a game by themselves at home. Crowds at the bars are nothing like what happens for the World Cup, unless it's a playoff game or the Super Bowl.

So the number of actual TVs tuned to the games may be smaller for the World Cup, but the number of people watching is comparable.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 37 of 71 (368 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
5755 posts

Jun 12, 2014
I grew up in a city that was the birthplace of AYSO (American Youth Soccer Organization), so yeah, kids played soccer there.

Message 38 of 71 (366 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Jun 12, 2014

11 Billion spent on this World Cup. San Paulo, Brazil and out line areas are protesting. CNN has updated news today. June, 12th. But, Aren't there always protests?

I like knowing the behind the scenes stuff.

It's like watching Bsketball. The broadcasters will show you the inside of the Staples Center and sky viewwhere the Lakers play but not downtown, lol. it's dirty.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 39 of 71 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Jun 12, 2014

I'm just saying, for the majority of the users on Home, don't care for this event.  And, Home went about it the wrong way.  I see very little hype when it comes to this event and do others.  Some won't even scoreboard watch it, but least I will and take some interest.  

Yes-kids do play soccer but very rare, it's ever a first sport to them here in N.A. 

Message 40 of 71 (355 Views)
0 Likes