Fender Bender
2651 posts

Re: How many of you actually care for the World Cup

Jun 11, 2014
Football (soccer) has no rules. It has Laws. Smiley Wink

@Hopper..Liverpool had their chance this year. We'll see if they can hold their own in the Champions League next season.
castle3
Message 21 of 71 (471 Views)
Splicer
34 posts

Jun 11, 2014

I think NOT, next year Real or Bayern will win CL hehe. And for WC this: 

Message 22 of 71 (452 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Jun 11, 2014

life live with pro and con

Message 23 of 71 (446 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2651 posts

Jun 11, 2014
@Leiermam...If I were a gambler instead of a fan, I'm afraid that I'd have to agree with you on Germany. Their side is a smooth running machine.
castle3
Message 24 of 71 (435 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1232 posts

Jun 11, 2014

World Cup??? what is it? some sort of protective equipment?

90 minutes (or more) of your life that you will NEVER get back? zzzzzzzzzzz

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 25 of 71 (416 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
295 posts

Jun 11, 2014
They should have brought the Fifa arena back to PS home. But i guess the outfits are almost just as good too. Smiley Tongue
Message 26 of 71 (410 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jun 12, 2014

rjr27nh222 wrote:

I bet very little, even the devlopers won't even watch the event and the majority of us will just scoreboard watch it, just to see how our country is doing (N.A. isn't going to win the cup).    

N.A.  US Home users don't care about soccer,  nobody understands it.  It has over 200 rules. it's ridculous!  Sorry but I don't buy into the World Cup.  

(how come spell check isn't working?) 

You should not talk about things you don't know nothing about.

We all like different things,so it's totally okay if you don't like soccer, but to claim that no NA users care about soccer, which is a strong-growing sport in the US, both for men and women is ridiculous.

Just because you don't understand the rules, it is equally ridiculous to suggest that no one else understands them. And NBA, NHL, NFL and MLB has more rules than soccer. So pleace, back to school before you pronounce something again.

Message 27 of 71 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Jun 12, 2014

Exponerat wrote:

rjr27nh222 wrote:

I bet very little, even the devlopers won't even watch the event and the majority of us will just scoreboard watch it, just to see how our country is doing (N.A. isn't going to win the cup).    

N.A.  US Home users don't care about soccer,  nobody understands it.  It has over 200 rules. it's ridculous!  Sorry but I don't buy into the World Cup.  

We all like different things,so it's totally okay if you don't like soccer, but to claim that no NA users care about soccer, which is a strong-growing sport in the US, both for men and women is ridiculous.

Just because you don't understand the rules, it is equally ridiculous to suggest that no one else understands them. And NBA, NHL, NFL and MLB has more rules than soccer. So pleace, back to school before you pronounce something again.

North America:  It's a sport we don't teach our childern, it becomes second to  football, hockey, baseball, and basketball, we learn first and soccer always second, that you pick up later on.  Just like Lacross.     How many of us here in N.A. have ever watch an enitre soccer game?  I love sports in general but never have in my lifetime and will never attend a soccer game. And most  people on here won't, it's boring!   

It's not just me, people from North America, don't understand all the rules and they are crazy, and too many of them.   Soccer is the worst when it comes to the rules.  

And, I'm just talking about Home for the most part.  Because what they have been trying to sell us on here.  I see very little support users not buying jersey's etc.  Believe me, they would rather have the NFL or NHL jerseys on here more than anything.    If any of us Home users are actually going to watch the event, instead of just scoreboard watching it and not really taking an interest in it all.   

Message 28 of 71 (351 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jun 12, 2014

rjr27nh222 wrote:

North America:  It's a sport we don't teach our childern, it becomes second to  football, hockey, baseball, and basketball, 

You have to be kidding and perhaps you don't have kids but when I was growing up EVERYONE was on a soccer team. It's one of the most popular childrens sports. I would say it's more popular that football and hockey and we have lots of pro teams for those. 

Message 29 of 71 (348 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Jun 12, 2014

rjr27nh222 wrote:

Exponerat wrote:

rjr27nh222 wrote:

North America:  It's a sport we don't teach our childern, it becomes second to  football, hockey, baseball, and basketball, we learn first and soccer always second, that you pick up later on.  Just like Lacross.     How many of us here in N.A. have ever watch an enitre soccer game?  I love sports in general but never have in my lifetime and will never attend a soccer game. And most  people on here won't, it's boring!   

It's not just me, people from North America, don't understand all the rules and they are crazy, and too many of them.   Soccer is the worst when it comes to the rules.  

And, I'm just talking about Home for the most part.  Because what they have been trying to sell us on here.  I see very little support users not buying jersey's etc.  Believe me, they would rather have the NFL or NHL jerseys on here more than anything.    If any of us Home users are actually going to watch the event, instead of just scoreboard watching it and not really taking an interest in it all.   

I don't know where you live, but around here every kid plays soccer, and has been since the 1980s. I played soccer. Everyone I knew growing up played soccer. Most kids today play soccer before they play baseball, judging by all the toddler games in my town.

During the 2010 World Cup, the Internet in my office slowed to a crawl because everyone was watching the games online. Our bosses begged us to stop, so we just had it on at every other workstation. I also watched a U.S. match on a ferry, and almost everyone on board was watching as well.

If you don't like soccer, that's cool, but plenty of people do.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 30 of 71 (342 Views)