Treasure Hunter
5694 posts

Re: How many of you actually care for the World Cup

Jun 11, 2014

nope but i love dlc. i bought over $30 LBP dlc.  And got some HOME content since it was something other than plain generic junk. Imnot a fan but hey i will watch if it means more original nongeneric content on HOME

images.jpg

Message 11 of 71 (485 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
191 posts

Jun 11, 2014

For me the world cup is one of my favorite things to watch every 4 years. I say that because I like to play this sport but like others I don't like the courrupt organization.

Message 12 of 71 (477 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
451 posts

Jun 11, 2014

Nope. Me neither. Zero interest in sport-related events.

But so long as you enjoy it, that's all that really matters.

"For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God.
Bloody Mary full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails.
Pray for me now at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen."

— Sterling Malory Archer

Sent via my BrainPADD using magic & a bit of pixie dust…
Message 13 of 71 (463 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Jun 11, 2014
I care for it! EU has better teams than NA! AWWWW YEAAAAHH!!! Smiley Very Happy

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 14 of 71 (456 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2651 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 11, 2014

I love the World Cup and still consider the Feva Arena space to be one of the best events that Home has ever featured.  The OP is probably right that the EU region may miss the space more than the NA crowd but it was the type of event that Home needs to unite the community. The football (or soccer, if you prefer) can be secondary but a big event with a global space like Feva in 2010 was a special moment in Home's history.

Home has the power to unite people from all walks of life around the world. Physical borders don't matter in Home. The same spirit is what the World Cup should be about as well. It's a serious shame that Home has let another tent pole event drop by the wayside.

I will be watching the World Cup instead of using Home.

castle3
Message 15 of 71 (446 Views)
Fender Bender
2280 posts

Jun 11, 2014

EdwCarnby wrote:
I care for it! EU has better teams than NA! AWWWW YEAAAAHH!!! Smiley Very Happy

That goes without saying Ed. lol Apples and oranges comparing the 2 really.

I'll be pulling for the U.S. and England, hoping that at least one of them makes it past the group stage. Tall order for either one I'm afraid, but you never know. 

Enjoy it!

http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 16 of 71 (438 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
34 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 11, 2014

Hallo! I care about. It is a Sin not see the Fußball World CUp. To enjoy it and to sing with friends...the greatest event!. You should.... Come on! Who will win?

Message 17 of 71 (434 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Jun 11, 2014

I have Home Box Office (HBO) and they have a series called, Vice. Anyone seen the one where they go to Brazil and talk about the World Cup?

The amount of monies spent and everything else that is going on there has really made me think about these world event, including the olympics where they pump in multi-billions of cash and 4 years later they're empty ghost towns.

That's a bit off topic but I didn't know a lot about the process. The finals are all I will probably watch. I'm not a fan really.

American Football is my thing.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 18 of 71 (430 Views)
Fender Bender
2280 posts

Jun 11, 2014

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:

I love the World Cup and still consider the Feva Arena space to be one of the best events that Home has ever featured.  The OP is probably right that the EU region may miss the space more than the NA crowd but it was the type of event that Home needs to unite the community. The football (or soccer, if you prefer) can be secondary but a big event with a global space like Feva in 2010 was a special moment in Home's history.

Home has the power to unite people from all walks of life around the world. Physical borders don't matter in Home. The same spirit is what the World Cup should be about as well. It's a serious shame that Home has let another tent pole event drop by the wayside.

I will be watching the World Cup instead of using Home.

Totally agree in terms of the Home event Liza. Those were some of the best times in Home by far and really did represent what could be done with the platform before it became....well....what it became. 

I met some really cool people through EU Home over the years, but none that seemed quite as willing to share their passion for football, the Premier League and her Arsenal Gunners the way Liza did. It was always a great experience for me to talk to someone who lives there, has her team and is so knowledgeable about the game. I thought I did fairly well at keeping up with the Premier League from the U.S. via internet and limited television exposure until I met Liza and realized that I was actually quite daft....and didn't know nearly as much as her about it. lol 

Enjoy the games and thx Liza......dare I say watch out for Liverpool next season? dohh! Sure was a rough end to this last one. Ouch. Take care. 

http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 19 of 71 (418 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 11, 2014

To the OP, while you are certainly entitled to not have any interest in the World Cup - statistically, not only is the World Cup the most watched sporting event in the world, more than even the 800 million that watched the openning of the Olympic Games in China.

Even in the United States, while it has taken a while for "soccer" to catch on at a professional level, but times have changed quite a bit:

As for comparing "rules", I suspect the NFL rule book is substantially larger.  That said, I would hope no one would judge a sport by the number of rules it has, but rather the skill required to play them and the entertainment one can get from watching them.

To answer the question (if you were really asking one) Yes, I am absolutely 100% interested in the World Cup, as I have been for many years, and I'll be watching many of the games, and most definitely the final.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 20 of 71 (389 Views)