Jun 11 2014
By: rjr27nh222 Lombax Warrior 172 posts

How many of you actually care for the World Cup

70 replies 453 views Edited Jun 11, 2014

I bet very little, even the devlopers won't even watch the event and the majority of us will just scoreboard watch it, just to see how our country is doing (N.A. isn't going to win the cup).    

N.A.  US Home users don't care about soccer,  nobody understands it.  It has over 200 rules. it's ridculous!  Sorry but I don't buy into the World Cup.  

(how come spell check isn't working?) 

Message 1 of 71 (453 Views)
Uncharted Territory
903 posts

Re: How many of you actually care for the World Cup

Jun 11, 2014
Nope. Lol.
 photo FotoFlexer_Photo_zpsdb1a5950.jpg
Message 2 of 71 (437 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4699 posts

Jun 11, 2014

I had fun with it four years ago thanks to the FIFA space.  I remember there was a game where you would bet on the outcomes and win prizes.  While on break each day at the job I had at the time, they used to have TVs on in the break area and I'd watch it live hoping I'd win some bets that I made with absolutely no knowledge about. Smiley Very Happy

This year though, no interest at all.

Message 3 of 71 (426 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jun 11, 2014

The FEVA event 4 years ago was pretty special. The event was fun, the rewards were nice and the socialization aspects of it were great too. Personally I earned all the rewards in 4 regions.

Home needs events. It really shouldn't be all about mall content. There are only so many lmo's, dances and leggings that anyone needs. 

Message 4 of 71 (424 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3916 posts

Jun 11, 2014

I'm more into hockey. If there were ever a Stanley Cup Playoffs event in Home or something I would lose it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 71 (408 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Jun 11, 2014
Meh. Canada isn't in. :/
Football as a sport is cool but the leagues are so corrupt. That Qatar bribery scandal is just the latest thing to hit. I try not to support it.
As far as Home is concerned, you would think someone would make a SOCCER GAME.
AMP is cool and all but why not let users actually play soccer somehow? Boggles the mind.
Support Forums
Message 6 of 71 (396 Views)
Fender Bender
2280 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 11, 2014

I certainly do. Loved it in Home and love it real life. It's a global spactacle that includes and brings together countries from all over the world. No, NA won't win it, because NA doesn't have a team. The teams are made up of countries, not continents. The U.S. and Mexico will be represented and Canada didn't qualify. For those who don't realize it, the World Cup, much like the Olympics, is a good opportunity to learn and understand that there is a world outside of the U.S and North America--a whole lot of fascinating countries, people and cultures. Live, love and LEARN. 

Can't wait!!

http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 7 of 71 (395 Views)
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Jun 11, 2014

HOPPER_34 wrote:

I certainly do. Loved it in Home and love it real life. It's a global spactacle that includes and brings together countries from all over the world. No, NA won't win it, because NA doesn't have a team. The teams are made up of countries, not continents. The U.S. and Mexico will be represented and Canada didn't qualify. For those who don't realize it, the World Cup, much like the Olympics, is a good opportunity to learn and understand that there is a world outside of the U.S.--a whole lot of fascinating countries, people and cultures. Live, love and LEARN. 

yeah, I see your point there, well said.  I do like seeing what other flags look like and learn from other countries and cultures but people here in N.A. arent really sold on the sport.  I know some places, it is very popular.  But most don't even understand it.  Plus, I'm really starting to believe that the sports world is fixed.  

I love the flags and main reason why I watch the Olympics, try and guess where they are from.  

Message 8 of 71 (386 Views)
Fender Bender
2781 posts

Jun 11, 2014
I was hoping VeeMee would release the other flags of the countries in the World Cup as they're very limited at the moment with only afew countries represented.
Message 9 of 71 (373 Views)
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Jun 11, 2014

What I would like to see Home do is, come out with flags.  The T-shirt thing doesn't do it for me for the World Cup.   I'm not talking about the small dinky flags people have but the ones people can hang on their walls and show support.   How come Home doesn't have this?  Flags are very popular.  

I'm pretty sure, if we could hang flags on our walls, the would sell out.  With the World Cup going on, I have no desire to purchase a jersey, which I know will change again in 4 years.  Flags rules the world! 

Message 10 of 71 (360 Views)
0 Likes