First Son
6 posts

Re: How many of you actually care for the World Cup

Jun 12, 2014

rjr27nh222 wrote:

Exponerat wrote:

rjr27nh222 wrote:

They said it, not me..  I see very little support users on Home buying stuff for this event and no one is talking about it on Home.  So, does the numbers lie than, because they wrote it.  ?  

So you're saying, things that are not popular in PShome, is not popular in real life either?

I love sports, but use other channels/places to talk about it.

As i said earlier, go back to school.

You took that way out of text,    more like you need to go back to school.  We are only talking about soccer.  Just talking about N.A.  Lol 

LOL And goodbye....

Message 61 of 71 (479 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 12, 2014

rjr27nh222 wrote:

I don't see the support either on Home, especially the N.A.  Oh well.  because at least they could've brought back that game, instead of selling and promotions stuff.  Considering JD said it was the most popular event.  I would've like to have seen the space as well again.   

Did you not see the disclaimer at the end of my post? It was an unsupported opinion to make a point.

This is a mute topic at any rate. They aren't bringing back the FEVA event or at least I'd be shocked if they did. I think Home users would love any sports event that actually represented actual pro leagues and teams. They'd sell a ton of licended jersey's I'm sure if they did. 

Home has gravitated away from that sadly. We get mostly digal mall content these days which is where Home has repositioned itself. 

Message 62 of 71 (475 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Jun 12, 2014

Exponerat wrote:

rjr27nh222 wrote:

Exponerat wrote:

rjr27nh222 wrote:

They said it, not me..  I see very little support users on Home buying stuff for this event and no one is talking about it on Home.  So, does the numbers lie than, because they wrote it.  ?  

So you're saying, things that are not popular in PShome, is not popular in real life either?

I love sports, but use other channels/places to talk about it.

As i said earlier, go back to school.

You took that way out of text,    more like you need to go back to school.  We are only talking about soccer.  Just talking about N.A.  Lol 

LOL And goodbye....

Well, I don't see it here, especially in N.A.  Sorry  I don't see it around Home either this time around. 

Message 63 of 71 (474 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1345 posts

Jun 12, 2014

IF only they had that FIFA place that be cool ah well, i dont think ill watch the soccer game ill watch a movie instead Smiley Happy

3527586646_418b5a35b1.jpg

Message 64 of 71 (468 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Jun 12, 2014

sam1online wrote:

IF only they had that FIFA place that be cool ah well, i dont think ill watch the soccer game ill watch a movie instead Smiley Happy

3527586646_418b5a35b1.jpg

Good!  That's what the majority of house holds in N.A. wil be doing   Smiley Happy  I wish FF7 was coming out already Smiley Happy

Message 65 of 71 (460 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2280 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 12, 2014

I heard Kasey Keller (an American goalkeeper who played in the English Premier League) say on a television broadcast last night that one of the more common things he heard, in regards to American sports, from his European teammates and others there is: "In America, you invent your own sports that are only (or primarily) played in your country and then the best team in that sport for the year is called 'World Champion'". What's up with that? lol With soccer, we have to catch up to the rest of the world first, then maybe someday start to learn what it takes to become a real "World Champion".  

It is a growing sport in America for sure, especially in certain pockets of the country (like In the northwest), but it may never become what the other 4 major sports are here....for a whole variety of reasons. One basic reason is probably that Americans have short attention spans and seem to like a lot of scoring....and definitely don't like tie scores for a final result. Another might be that we dont start kids in soccer academies at young ages. Yet another reason might be that the MLS season champs can't ever call themselves "World Champs". lol

I'm just glad that we are getting full-time Premier League TV coverage in the U.S. starting next season. Smiley Happy

http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 66 of 71 (458 Views)
Highlighted
Keyblade Wielder
5755 posts

Jun 13, 2014

Hiya soccer fans and reward hunters! Find out how to get an exclusive soccer-themed reward here:

[REWARD] World Cup: Show your love for the game!

Message 67 of 71 (392 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 3, 2014

I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN!

Soooo close... but awesome effort team USA!  Oh and Tim Howard is a BEAST!!!!!  Best goalie performance of the cup so far with the most saves (16) in World Cup history!

Despite being out of the cup, I can't wait for this weekend's games... with powerhouse national teams facing off each other like Brazil vs Columbia; Germany vs France; Netherlands vs Costa Rica; and of course Argentina taking on the mouse that roared... Belgium - should be some great football to watch!

Oh and for anyone still living under a rock that still feels no one in the US cares about 'soccer' and the world cup... not only have the Neilson ratings and the millions of TV viewers in the US proved you wrong, but how many sports and sporting events get people in the millions accross the country in places like Kansas City, Chicago, Tampa, NYC, etc  and even deep inside the heart land of Anerican football, Texas, to get all dressed up to support their team and head out to outdoor parks to watch the games on a big screen instead of the comfort of their home... yeah, no one in the US cares about 'soccer'. Smiley Wink

week_pictures_0620_wild_world_cup_fans_20.jpg

2014-cute-usa-world-cup-flag-tattoo-on-full-face-f96812.jpg

I suppose you can sit on the couch and watch guys hit balls with sticks... but you are really missing out on a very special event if you choose to ignore the thrills of World Cup viewing parties.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 68 of 71 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3303 posts

Jul 2, 2014

I like soccer, but it's not the Stanley Cup. Smiley Wink

Message 69 of 71 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 3, 2014

HuntressInSoCal wrote:

I like soccer, but it's not the Stanley Cup. Smiley Wink

True... World Cup Football is a great deal more popular than the Stanley Cup, even in the United States. Smiley Surprised

_6 million viewers = Game 5 and final game of the 2014 NHL Stanley Cup

18 million viewers = Game 5 and final game of the 2014 NBA Championships

18 million viewers = Game 6 and final game of the 2013 MLB World Series

18+ million viewers = USA vs Portugal in just game 2 of Group Play leading to round 16 of the 2014 FIFA World Cup (not even a deciding playoff game mind you).

• And unlike those other games, this one was not on a national broadcast network, but instead on a basic cable network (ESPN).
  • Not only that, but what's missing from that are the millions that watched across this country in football stadiums, parks, bars, etc.

On a global scale nothing even comes close to the World Cup except for the Olympics, and even that falls well short by millions of viewers.

It's estimated this year close to a billion people will be watching the final World Cup match, or almost ten times as many that watched the Super Bowl. Smiley Surprised

Yes, America was late to the party, but there is no denying it is hands down the most popular sport in the world.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 70 of 71 (223 Views)
0 Likes