Sep 20 2013
By: Your_Empress Survivor 1350 posts

How many friends have you introduced to Playstation Home?

[ Edited ]
30 replies 345 views Edited Sep 20, 2013

I'm curious how many of those who play Playstation Home have introduced a friend to it?

I have introduced a couple friends to it, one is really into it, another plays occasionally.

Considering that Sony does not advertise Playstation Home, I think it's very important that those of us who do enjoy it should introduce our friends to it, or maybe even family if you get along with them in the first place. lol

Have you even mentioned it to any friends? They don't even have to be gamers, that what is unique about Home. Although introducing it to them is likely to get them into gaming, even if just in a small way.

Maybe we will get some Playstation Home users who are not regulars on the forums to add to this here.

So how many friends have you introduced to Playstation Home?

If you have, are they still active in Playstation Home?

Your_Empress x7 flirt leader worldwide final and forever photo Your_Empress x7 forever final_zpssgnzebgr.jpg
Message 1 of 31 (345 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Re: How many friends have you introduced to Playstation Home?

Sep 20, 2013
If I introduced any of my friends to PS Home, they'd probably disown me.

And I wouldn't recommend it to internet friends either.
Message 2 of 31 (324 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Sep 20, 2013
None, because I love my friends!

Occasionally, if I'm on the road and they mention PS3, I will bring up if they use Home. No one has ever giving great feed back about it.

Doesn't make a great conversation
Message 3 of 31 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Sep 20, 2013
I have tried to turn friends of mine in real life onto Home but it usually gets me a weird look or awkward laugh when I tell them about it. One friend I found out loves to troll dressed as a female avy 'when hes bored'
One girl I dated said once 'oh thats tight I guess' and then demanded I turn it off everytime we were together. So IDK it takes a certain type to like Home I guess. 4 + years later I still dont know what 'type' exactly but yeah...
Support Forums
Message 4 of 31 (305 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Sep 20, 2013

I think you had to be there from the beginning, or close to it, to really enjoy Home for what it is since, most of us know what its capable of. You ask anyone online or somewhat familiar with PSN and they'll either give you an odd reaction or just laugh at you. I've brought it up in real life and for some reason Home seems to be a conversation stopper...

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 5 of 31 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1350 posts

Sep 20, 2013

Jammies wrote:
If I introduced any of my friends to PS Home, they'd probably disown me.

And I wouldn't recommend it to internet friends either.

lol! I think that really depends on how *you* play the "game" of Playstation Home.

Do you do things that you would be embarrassed of if your mother knew?

Your_Empress x7 flirt leader worldwide final and forever photo Your_Empress x7 forever final_zpssgnzebgr.jpg
Message 6 of 31 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1350 posts

Sep 20, 2013

smokingpistol wrote:
I have tried to turn friends of mine in real life onto Home but it usually gets me a weird look or awkward laugh when I tell them about it. One friend I found out loves to troll dressed as a female avy 'when hes bored'
One girl I dated said once 'oh thats tight I guess' and then demanded I turn it off everytime we were together. So IDK it takes a certain type to like Home I guess. 4 + years later I still dont know what 'type' exactly but yeah...

I really like PS Home, but yeah you do need to turn it off sometimes like many things.

If you are paying more attention to PS Home than a new lover, it is def not going to win you any kudos! Of which I am out of today, again.

Do not neglect someone that you proclaim your love for! Idc what it is, nothing is above someone you honestly love in life.

My advice, if you want to play Home with the one you love (because you are bull-headed) sit together n play it, behind one avatar. That can really be fun! ^.~

Message 7 of 31 (293 Views)
Survivor
1350 posts

Sep 20, 2013

KarateChampChad wrote:

I think you had to be there from the beginning, or close to it, to really enjoy Home for what it is since, most of us know what its capable of. You ask anyone online or somewhat familiar with PSN and they'll either give you an odd reaction or just laugh at you. I've brought it up in real life and for some reason Home seems to be a conversation stopper...

What about real life friends or family Chad?

That's actually more of what I am getting at here. Many people online are already busy n ingrained in whatever worlds they have going on. You don't need to "convert" somebody who isn't already that active online.

Message 8 of 31 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1350 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 20, 2013

KarateChampChad wrote:

I missed that you mentioned bringing it up in real life, but were those close friends or family? If so, wouldn't you sort of know who might get into it n who really you shouldn't bother with? Those who are gamers in my family I would mention it to, but never those in my family who are not interested in online worlds in the first place.

I tried to edit my last post, but there is some error going on with it.

It's a conversation stopper because they tried it? Or they don't understand it?

It's human nature to be afraid to try new things, yet you can consider what friends it's worth mentioning to, maybe just ask them their opinion after playing? Just don't leave them surrounded by trolls in the hub! lmao

Hard to have an opinion if they don't even try it.

Most of us here very well know that PS Home has great potential but it never hurts to try to bring more friends in to realize that!

Message 9 of 31 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Sep 20, 2013

Sorry it took me a while to get back to reply.

• I'm the only whose really a gamer of the family, rest aren't exactly interested. And I don't know a lot of PS3 users in real life but the ones I know play games casually and know little to nothing about Home. 
  • Its not exactly a conversation stopper, but when I mention Home they go "Oh....meh". One guy I knew further asked me about it, asking "That's that thing that girls use right?" It isn't exactly well advertised and Sony's to blame for that, just goes to show the load of confidence they have in the service.
  • Trust me, I've said "try it out" but I'm not sure if they ever did get around to it. There really isn't a huge incentive to start using the service now though, if there were videogame promotions within Home to pull new users then you would have more reason to try it out. Idk, thats how I got involved in the first place at least.
New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 10 of 31 (260 Views)