Uncharted Territory
1850 posts

Re: How long was your account suspension?

Apr 8, 2009

My vacation was pretty good. I was pretty exhausted after the anime con. Only one hour of sleep all weekend! Took me a while to recover, but I'm back now.

Back on topic: It would be a lot more convenient if they had some sort of something to let you know what you were banned for. Not even too detailed. They could just show you how long you'll be suspended for and a canned "reason" -- like when you hit "report". Just tell you whatever you got reported for. Then again, most people usually know what they did wrong because it's something pinpointed that would get them reported. Smiley Tongue

I'm sorry you got suspended, although it's comforting to know that the system works kinda......(Hey, hey now... At least people are getting suspended, right? no harm no foul)

~
Message 31 of 38 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
521 posts

Apr 8, 2009
Oh you went to an Anime Con? Cool! Glad you had a good time. Yeah I'm sorry I got suspended too. Unfortunately, I don't know what I did. Perhaps there's a way they can send me the evidence? Anyway, the system always worked, I just never thought I'd be a target.
Message 32 of 38 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8824 posts

Apr 8, 2009
The funny thing about this is that I thought my account was banned for serious thought because all my account info was correct but it still said register, sign in, blah. Then the last ditch effort I said I'll turn off the computer. I just have one question if turning off the computer didn't work whats the next step from there? Because I wouldn't have known what I did and would like some info.
Message 33 of 38 (213 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager (Retired)
1040 posts

Apr 8, 2009

Not accurate. A suspension can be for as little as 24 hours. It depends on the transgression.

Meech007 wrote:

Miadaskate wrote:

Friday I went on Home for a bit, and everything was fine. Later that night, I turn on my PS3 to get the message "You Cannot Use The Playstation Network With This Account (8002A231). So apparently, I've been suspended. Most likely someone reported me on Home, because that is pretty much the only online place I interact with people. I'm nice to everyone, so I'm just kinda confused right now. So I was wondering, how long was your account suspension? I'm hoping to have my account back by April 9th for the content update! Thanks.

30 days is how much they start off with. Call Sony they will tell you how long its suspended for and how long

Message 34 of 38 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
715 posts

Apr 8, 2009

Locust_Star wrote:

Not accurate. A suspension can be for as little as 24 hours. It depends on the transgression.

Meech007 wrote:

Miadaskate wrote:

Friday I went on Home for a bit, and everything was fine. Later that night, I turn on my PS3 to get the message "You Cannot Use The Playstation Network With This Account (8002A231). So apparently, I've been suspended. Most likely someone reported me on Home, because that is pretty much the only online place I interact with people. I'm nice to everyone, so I'm just kinda confused right now. So I was wondering, how long was your account suspension? I'm hoping to have my account back by April 9th for the content update! Thanks.

30 days is how much they start off with. Call Sony they will tell you how long its suspended for and how long

did you forget a simple kick? that last for a few seconds...jus removes from server.

Message 35 of 38 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
521 posts

Apr 8, 2009

Ah, it's okay. Thanks for the support, friend! As The Comedian once said, "It was only a matter of time, I guess...". I've learned my lesson though, I love Sony and Home too much to screw it up all over again. So now I know what I have to do. However, I wish I was still able to let my PSN friends know I got suspended though. You and one other friend are the only ones that know. I wonder how many people will have deleted me by Friday. "This dude hasn't been on for a WEEK? Goodbye." .....lol.

Message Edited by Miadaskate on 04-08-2009 11:49 AM
Message 36 of 38 (213 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 14, 2014

Apparently I was suspended on April 8, Then I Got On April 9 & I Tried Getting On & it Said. 8002A231: You Ps3 account has been banned or temporarily suspended. Then I checked my email & it said your account has been permanently blocked from using the play station network. i looked what for.. Verbal/Text Abuse In LittleBigPlanet 2. what does that mean? Am I suspended forever? Am I suspended For 7days, or 30days? HELP ME PLEASE! Sony Dont Get Anything, I only use Text Abuse Like Cursing To Protect My 8year old sister. I now am using my other account bc my main account that has all my money & stuff i bought that i used a psn cards that my dad bought for me. WASTE OF MONEY IF MY ACCOUNT IS FOREVER BANNED! but i looked more in, my account is forever banned only with the code, 8002A227: Cannot Use Ps3 account. HELP MESmiley SadMan Mad

Message 37 of 38 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4550 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 14, 2014

Gothic_Angel15 wrote:

Apparently I was suspended on April 8, Then I Got On April 9 & I Tried Getting On & it Said. 8002A231: You Ps3 account has been banned or temporarily suspended. Then I checked my email & it said your account has been permanently blocked from using the play station network. i looked what for.. Verbal/Text Abuse In LittleBigPlanet 2. what does that mean? Am I suspended forever? Am I suspended For 7days, or 30days? HELP ME PLEASE! Sony Dont Get Anything, I only use Text Abuse Like Cursing To Protect My 8year old sister. I now am using my other account bc my main account that has all my money & stuff i bought that i used a psn cards that my dad bought for me. WASTE OF MONEY IF MY ACCOUNT IS FOREVER BANNED! but i looked more in, my account is forever banned only with the code, 8002A227: Cannot Use Ps3 account. HELP MESmiley SadMan Mad

Welcome to the forums. Before I solve your question, just to let you know.

1. Make sure to not post in a thread that is from years ago. Against the forum TOS.

2. This isn't a home related question. You should post here next time. http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Support/bd-p/22039

About your question, Yes, that is a perma ban. There are better ways in protecting your family rather than resorting to text abuse. Hopefully you learned from this and won't ever do it again.

Mod Edit: Thread locked due to necroposting. Thanks! - TTurtle

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 38 of 38 (185 Views)
0 Likes